Windows 10 Media Creation Tool .... SLOOOOW

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by Gooliez, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Gooliez

Gooliez Member

Hi guys, just wondering what time frame i should be expecting to download windows 10 onto a USB using the media tool...

i downloaded 64-bit a couple of days ago and it took approx 9 hours to download the bloody image....

i now need to download the 32 bit and have chosen the BOTH 64 and 32 bit option which i believe is 7gb ish.... to save time next time...

now i'm on a 25mb connection.. nothing else downloading and it's ridiculously slow again...

anything that could cause it to download so slow ? i've watched youtube videos and it's up to 2% in less than 30 seconds...

Edit: 10% in 30 mins...... at the going rate, 5 hours and i'll have USB that's usable.... :/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Might just be server loads? Dunno, but that's a horrible wait time : (

3. breno

breno Member

Not just you mate, i've had the same thing before too, and just downright failures after 2 hours. But the last couple of times i've had to make win 10 bootable it was all done within an hour.
    As Mr. Chilled said, probably server loads.

4. OP
    OP
    Gooliez

Gooliez Member

so after a power spike and loosing 45% of my download i restarted...

this time i chose both 64 and 32, but this round i chose Single language..
    only took around 40 mins to download. so if anyone is reading this, only go the single language option if you are in a hurry

5. FOTW

FOTW Member

Try using this website I get my windows ISO from I then us Rufus to create a bootable USB key.

Only d/l a image last weekend I'm on a 5Mb connection though but it d/l at teh full 5Mb the entire time about 4 hours, however when used to be on a 250Mb connection i would be getting it down in about 30-60 min.

6. schmoove

schmoove Member