[WIN10] Windows 10 Mega thread

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Unframed

Unframed Member

Downloaded 2.7GB then

Code 80240020
    Code 80070057

Retry doesn't work and BITS is set correctly and running -_-

2. FLB

FLB Member

Glad it all worked out!

3. Revenger

Revenger Member

Everyone asking about clean installs once upgraded from the FAQ

You can SKIP the enter key screen.

4. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Can you perform a clean install without doing the upgrade prior? With no activation errors?

5. BLeR

BLeR Member

MSDN downloads are understandably getting a hammering. No Pro version out so Enterprise will do for now. 2.5 hours to go...

6. Revenger

Revenger Member

As stated on previous page and many times before NO you need to upgrade or else you won't activate.

And to say it again you need to upgrade first, geeze it was posted in bold a few posts above your last one in here.

Microsoft uses the upgrade to profile your pc for the hardware key stored on there servers and to verify that you are running a currently activated legit system.

Also why everyone has 1 month to exercise rollback rights before there systems are locked to win 10 and the previous activation and keys are deactivated.

Microsoft clearly has set a procedure, not everyone will like it but its a procedure to make sure you are the current licensed owner of a currently installed qualifying OS and that you are trading in your licensed install for a new upgraded one. But people keep trying to get and ask for exceptions to the rule which aren't coded in the upgrade procedures.

I should really stop replying to these people.
    You all can deal with it now I stated everything I need to multiple times from the FAQ etc and the questions still coming from people not reading.
    You all can tell them yes you can clean install and activate perfectly a win 10 copy for free just cause and watch what happens.
    I've gone out of my way most of the last year occasionally to research and post all the correct information multiple times even multiple times for certain people to help them understand and I have got most things right on all my clarifications here, you guys have had clear and correct information that other places haven't had without the speculation crap and I'm just a little over those still asking and stuff especially as my RL also sucks etc and its all on google anyway if you look hard enough and I get nothing back at all from doing all this here.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  7. HSV

HSV Member

It's on my MSDN? There isn't a separate Home and Pro ISO, it's the one combined ISO with both in it - they've called it "Windows 10 (Multiple Editions)".

Remember that the EN-GB ISO's are more closely aligned to our EN-AU for speech etc, so you're better off downloading that version.

8. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

Just turned the home PC on, and the windows 10 upgrade icon in the task bar has gone. Uh oh :D

9. Partha

Partha Member

Official Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

10. krappo

krappo Member

Finally have W10 up and running and apart from removing the search krapp from taskbar it looks the goods sofar :)

Am using my own start button i had installed on W8.1 (start8):thumbup:

11. BLeR

BLeR Member

Ah yeah, so it is. Cheers for that.

12. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Got it sorted, ran the downloader and chose to download ISO, then just mounted the iso and installed from there. Easy upgrade etc.

13. Will S

Will S Member

well I downloaded it...tried to make it an iso and burn but it wouldn't do it. Did it with the beta version on other machine without problems a while ago but not now. Couldn't find the file to burn...went to the C drive and found another file but had $windows.~ws after instead of ~bt which is still there

anyway...clicked the install or whatever its called and its now installing......has rebooted and have the Upgrading Windows screen and its at 35% oops 43% 47%

Question : can I delete these files after the installation ie. $window~ws and $window~bt

14. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Apologies for the questions, but I haven't been following the upgrade procedure until now and it gets confusing as to which thread I am in. Coupled to that are the errors I was receiving and it was frustrating me.

Thanks for the help, the upgrade is now getting updates and I'm playing the waiting game. :thumbup:

15. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

snip**snip

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  16. TheAvatar

TheAvatar Member

17. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Try using the Media Creation tool and upgrade it manually.

I had to use the tool to create a USB, then run setup.exe from the USB.

Currently at 30% of getting updates, hopefully it's doing the right thing :Paranoid:

I got that same error, see my solution above.

18. Will S

Will S Member

make sure you are able to see hidden folders.........and then try what the post above says

How do you know what version of win10 you have running.......still finding my way around

19. sympozium

sympozium Member

I didn't see him asking for a solution, I think he just posted it because its funny

20. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

snip**snip

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015