[WIN10] Windows 10 Mega thread

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. peg

peg Member

Any know if a recent update changed power settings?

Over the last few nights my comp decides to start going in to sleep mode after 30min... when I've always used the "never," sleep option.

Lost a few nights worth of downloads...

2. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4490481/windows-10-update-kb4490481
    just did this today. power settings still set on never. ill see tonite what happens.

3. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I'll check as well. Another thing I check as a habit, because I don't trust these updates are patch/update settings as well as privacy settings. MS are shifty as fck, so it's worth spending a few minutes just skimming through the settings.

4. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

I have ran across something very odd with the latest build on one machine (File server) speedtests results come in fine 90+Mb/s but when I download a file from my ftp server in the Netherlands it peaks at 200kb/s talking to the host we exhausted all possibilities. I decided to roll back to previous version, problem gone. The other machine on the network was also on the same build didn't have the same issues.

5. miicah

miicah Member

Anyone have a flickering blue circle on the cursor all the time? I've closed everything and it still happens, so it must be some sort of Windows background task? Super annoying, would rather not reset/reformat if possible.

System Idle Process is the only thing using CPU (with everything closed), but I think that's normal.

EDIT: Could be this?

Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  6. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

if i have an excel sheet that is shared with 2 people (using Office 365), is there anyway to automatically notify the other person that i've updated the sheet?

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

8. breno

breno Member

How much vram does Windows 10 need to run the gui?

9. miicah

miicah Member

Well I fixed it, had to do a full clean install from USB. Even doing a 'reset' from the settings menu didn't fix it. So I assume it was probably a bad driver? IDK what get's retained in a reset vs a clean install.

EDIT: It came back, turns out it is something janky that Creative installs when you install their app/driver pack. Uninstalled that and fixed it, just using the default Win10 driver (which still recognises my USB sound card and works fine)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 10:40 AM
  10. kramer7

kramer7 Member

11. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member