[WIN10] Windows 10 Mega thread

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

Great, thanks for the links. My beef? well I tend to like lean cuts like porterhouse or T-bone, sometimes a tenderloin roast is nice too. Whats your favorites? :leet:

It happened to a sound file during gaming & this article explains in length how 1903 has an audio bug that MS can't or won't fix.

2. flu!d

flu!d KDE Neon 5.16

Which is basically just creating a new user profile and transferring all data over to the new profile. This updater is rubbish.

I don't know what does more damage, Malware or the Windows 10 Updater.

Done that already, didn't work. Even a system restore to an earlier date didn't work.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  3. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Not sure what you needed then, that's the process I would do based on my probably-outdated knowledge :lol:

4. flu!d

flu!d KDE Neon 5.16

I needed to stop Windows logging into a temporary account every time the owner logs into their actual user profile when the actual user profile directory appears perfectly intact.

Ideally, sfc /scannow is the perfect fix - Except running sfc /scannow in any situation is about as effective as smacking the HDD with a raw Chicken drumstick.

5. flu!d

flu!d KDE Neon 5.16

Although I forgot to add, thanks for the advice nonetheless. ;)

6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

So the latest Win10 update KB4512941 and some potential serious issues with Cortana doing massive CPU resource spikes (in my case it was 25%+) and search function broken;
    https://whrl.pl/RfVhJA
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cxmot9/windows_10_1903_update_18362329_causes_high_cpu/
    https://www.tenforums.com/windows-1...dows-10-v1903-build-18362-329-aug-30-a-3.html
    Solution;
    You can either uninstall that update or:
    https://www.tenforums.com/windows-1...3-build-18362-329-aug-30-a-2.html#post1706758

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  7. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

Anyone else got this bug after KB4512941 update....

Win10-bug.JPG
    4.3GHz set in bios, CPUZ accurate but not windows 10!

8. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

ChinoPD likes this.
  9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Thanks for the heads up BE.

10. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

All these bugs & issues with win10!
    Makes me wonder if MS have joined the ranks of other big tech names & are hiring on merit or group identity politics, because previous US administrations have implemented this identity politics BS! seriously, this is a F****** joke. :mad:

11. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

12. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Funny, I said the protection was turned on post update. I found one of my machines had it turned off after a few days. Then I checked every other box, all turned off. *SMH*

14. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

15. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

It's extremely rare for me to be affected by bugs with Windows Updates, but my work laptop (standalone) that's used for app testing was affected by the blank search menu issue from KB4512941.
    Uninstalling it now.
    I don't know if my home PC has it, but AFAIK it hasn't had the issue. Will check tonight.

UPDATE: For my work laptop, as a test, I reinstalled it to try and reproduce the issue. I ended up exhibiting a different symptom, where the search bar would not work at all, as in it wouldn't accept any keyboard input, and not even present a blinking cursor, and voila removing it fixed it.

So yeah, 4512941 is broken AF.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  16. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

I sincerely invite skeptics to have their fun but I was having some system instability issues 3 days ago, generating those blue sideways smileys BSOD which in several cases did not even create the mini.dmp for review.

Anyway after pulling and reseating parts and reviewing the mobo error LED's I did get back in - but was getting a lot of CTD at that time etc. I finally pulled each of the 4 RAM modules, cleaned their contact surfaces and reseated them.

sfc /scannow worked! I ran it the first time and got some fluff responses but then after running DISM HealthCheck's;
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image
    I was getting some errors at the RestoreHealth fucntion I then reran sfc /scannow and fixed what DISM could not.........................

17. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I never discounted or dismissed sfc, I think the negative view comes from Microsoft using it as a generic cookie cutter response to nearly every issue that was raised.

Another handy one I used that was very useful for troubleshooting very random and challenging issues is using driver verifier. Picked up a couple of very high pain points for me in terms of incompatibility issues with drivers/devices that were causing random BSODs.

Bold Eagle likes this.
  18. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

So when's the Windows 10 Beta finishing?

Gotta be RTM soon, right?

19. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Not yet in the roadmap. Beta for lyfe.

Myne_h likes this.
  20. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

I'm having a bit of a LOL as I have also found an actual useful thread from Tom's Hardware - it is like the world has turned completely upside down all of a sudden?!?

Having a BSOD System_Service_Exception win32kbase.sys
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...tem_service_exception-win32kbase-sys.3197654/