1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIN10] Windows 10 Mega thread

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I moved from Lastpass to Bitwarden. I know a lot of others on the forums have as well. Its cross platform and you can even setup a local DB.

https://bitwarden.com/

sic_vl2000 likes this.
  2. sic_vl2000

sic_vl2000 Member

Funny you mention Bitwarden, I've been looking at that product this morning. Just a case of where I will host the local DB, I could always put it on my NAS.

Dilbery likes this.
  3. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Nah not yet, still using a local copy of an old version of mSecure on my phone which I do manual back up on over email. Probably a stupid idea but the backup is secure.

How are you finding it so far? How long were you using LP and how long have you been using BW? Thanks for the feedback!

I have a PLEX server at home which I could maybe/should be able to configure to backup to my iCloud.

4. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Used LP for around 2 years on a family plan. One of the major reasons I swapped over was its android integration was driving me nuts so I swapped over to BW and haven't looked back. Highly recommended.

ChinoPD likes this.
  5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Appreciate the feed back! I'll need to be on top of this in the next couple of weeks. My account management is increasing slowly. Not just for personal use but for business activities as well.

Dilbery likes this.
  6. DenDen711

DenDen711 Member

Any reports on version 2004?
    Cheers,
    Dennis

7. kogi

kogi Member

Same old. I think 2004 and new ryzen drivers fixed my usb3 weirdness

8. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Is this supposed to be a mega update? Or just one of their usual rollups?

9. Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey Member

2004 -Tried it, rolled back. ICC profiles not working (this is a deal breaker for me)... logon also seemed a lot slower.

10. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Apparently I'm not ready for it yet :lol:

11. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

They're working for me. Are they one's you've downloaded or generated yourself?

Sounds more like they're intentionally staggering a release instead of just throwing it at a billion devices in one day.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  12. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Does anyone know if the latest update fixes various memory management issues? I've fixed my microstuttering (I installed an app that forcibly clears the random shit Win10 likes to fill free RAM with so I don't run out of ram and have it stutter while it unloads the cache), but Windows Defender is broken as shit. It uses up to half a gb of RAM until I turn off and back on the real time protection when it fixes itself and goes back to 200mb.

13. emmjawsX

emmjawsX Member

Tried it on my X399 system, failed to boot, windows auto-rolled back. Going to give it another month or two for bugs to be quashed before trying again.

14. Recharge

Recharge Member

yeaaa I'm just going to download a new ISO and fresh install screw updating.

15. Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey Member

Made myself with displaycal - the colour profiles section in display settings wasnt working either - just no drop down.. maybe related.

Will give it another shot

16. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I also used DisplayCal. Profiles made in 1903, loading fine in 2004.

I'll blast them away, try the whole process again fresh on 2004, and report back.

17. Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey Member

hmm... they loaded fine as soon as i rolled back to 1909.. thanks man appreciate you helping :) i'll upgrade again and see

Cheers

18. Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey Member

elvis ok got them working, thanks :)

Needed to manually add the profiles back in "color management" then i could see them in the drop-down list in "display profiles". Windows then decided to assign them to the wrong screens after rebooting, but they seem to be sticking now, and displaycal is auto-loading. Hopefully all good!

19. Partha

Partha Member

Using Build 2004 now on my personal system, specs in my sig. I installed on top of version 1909, so mine was not a clean install, but so far I not have not encountered any issue so far.

20. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

At around 2:10pm today, I think my PC just went through some sort of 2004 prescreening.
    I updated my AMD software/driver, rebooted, and then I was guided through what looked like Windows 10 setup.
    All that it asked me to do was to consent yes/no to file history tracking (I think), and mobile phone enrolment to couple your phone to your PC. I skipped it, and took me to my desktop, but am still running 1909.
    It made me think "I wasn't prompted to install 2004".
    System seems intact otherwise.
    I've not had any updates installed since the 27th.