1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIN10] Windows 10 Mega thread

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Sounds like you've gone 'passwordless'
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...rdless-with-microsoft-accounts-on-your-device

On the other hand, outlook.com is free so in this day and age why other people need to access it is beyond stupid. Just create other accounts...

I couldn't agree more with this, the amount of time I've seen people 'tweak' Windows 10 because of MUH PRIVACY and complain that its broken is hilarious. It's not Windows 7, stop approaching it like it is.

Its basically this meme

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    2SHY and glenpinn like this.
  2. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

YEP, and i know for a fact that many of the issues that most people experience has to do with trying to do things to 10 that don't need doing, but many will disagree, many so called experts will argue until the cows come home, it never changes the facts.

Now to find my bullet proof vest and tin hat, thinks the firing squad will be here very soon, the deniers and their cronies :D:eek:

3. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

HA!
    Yeah good luck with that.
    Bye.

4. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

Pathetic response from someone who can't even answer a simple question with what should be a very simple answer.

5. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

No, I've just learned not to bother with people who've already made up their minds and are only looking for a fight. Like I said, best of luck.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  6. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Define tweak? Sure..win 10 is different to win 7 but why should it take extra time and effort to do so called 'basic things' on win 10. For example...on a network...you cant simply 'share a drive' no...you need to either kill all the security in the hdds properties to share, OR make another folder in that drive, then copy all your folders into that folder then share that..YET on win 7..right click on drive..share....

Christ..you cant even click on network in my PC...and it wont even show you available networks....oh but if you click on drop down menu and type in the path...OH..there it is. There is more dumb shit i've found I cant do either...or need to jump thru hoops to achieve but i'd be here all day explaining them.

It dumb shit like this people like yourselves dont seem to understand why people dislike win 10...such simple shit is available in win 7 and previous versions..not here..why?

7. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

As I said in my post MUH PRIVACY settings, you start turning things off needlessly then its not going to work properly. I've designed Windows SOE's for some of the countries largest organisations (no, I don't work for an MSP) and actually understanding the OS has seen nothing but success in these deployments. From an end user perspective they love it, but a common trend is there is always this dad tech middle ground that seems to have ZERO idea about anything. Those are stuck in the past and love to watch progress bars.

Most people that seem to hate it, goto some Dadtech PC shop and get their shitty Dadtech Windows 10 install with their amazing tweaks to make it more like Windows 7 which Nanna thinks was used to, rather than explain the differences and actually realise its easier to use.

You want simplicity? Stop doing dumb shit to the OS. Or for the most part learn to Powershell if you insist on Dadteching it.

Why isn't this stuff available in 10? Increased security because of dumbshit like people not patching and then something occuring that could have been remediated with a patch and complaining about it. Simple answer, the world is different to what it was when Windows 7 was released, deal with it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    2SHY and CAPT-Irrelevant like this.
  8. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

Okay kid. We get it. Everyone other than you has no experience, is terrible and dumb. You are clearly worth listening to and know what youre talking about. Alright? We cool. Have fun being an asshole.

9. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

couldn't you have responded in a slightly less insulting manner, calling someone an Asshole in here is kind of a personal attack i believe, and probably shows people just how much of a Kid you might be too.

As soon as someone comes into these threads bashing Windows 10, you are always going to get those like me, and the poster above you who love it, and don't seem to have any issues with it what so ever, but everyone has a right to an opinion, and my opinion about those who do have issues with windows 10 are more likely self inflicted issues caused by trying to tamper with windows and end up stuffing it up, but want to then blame microsoft or someone else.

I am not going to justify what i say to anyone, if anyone has issues with 10 then just deal with them and look for a way to fix it, i don't have any issues so i don't have to try and fix it.

Dilbery likes this.
  10. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Wow...what a reply. OK..like i said define 'tweak' because the the 2 examples I used where OUT OF THE BOX....no tweaking. Fresh installed, no tweaking into privacy settings or whatever shit you on about. Literally fresh install, bang I have those 2 problems straight away.

Well of course from an end user perspective they loved it..they had a 'professional' like yourself to setup it for them. And as for these 'tech dads' or whatever you trying to say who had ZERO idea what they were doing...had no problems with win 7...so again I ask...why?..why is win 10 like this? To keep people like yourself in a job?..seems that way.

^ i agree with this

Basically the only people telling me there is nothing wrong with win 10 are people who have designed windows SOE's for some of the countries largest organisations or IT technicians with 20+ years of experience dealing with this shit....which basically just proves my point people like this got NFI the frustration the average home user has got :thumbup:

11. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I'll add to this, from someone who's been in the SOE/AD/GPO/AppPackaging background: An OS's behavior is dependent on many factors. I think one of the big ones that people overlook is hardware. I'll tell you, I've seen Win10, even currently in my environment (I don't create and manage corporate/gov SOEs anymore), Win10 can behave stable AF on one machine whereas it'll be unstable AF on another of the same model. So many variables are involved.

I agree though, the response above is a bit over the top, chill pill required :D

2SHY and Dilbery like this.
  12. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

As I said, there is always one Dadtech that has Zero idea.....Yes, take it that way. Yes everyone else is terrible and dumb. I was trying to highlight the fact I've catered for more than just fixing Nannas computer.

Change random shit, get shit results. Simples?

13. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

Rubbish :rolleyes:

Nobody is looking for a fight, you made some comments about Windows 10 that 2 of us obviously don't happen to believe, that isn't looking for a fight, just expressing an opinion, which we are entitled to, without having to justify why we don't believe you.

At least i don't resort to calling members an Asshole as part of a response.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Dilbery likes this.
  14. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

So changing from win 7 to win 10..get shit results, i agree

..love trolls on these forums who reply to people posts that they dont read properly or read at all.

must I post screenshots...zzz?

What?... you and your mate thinks there is no problem or haven't had any problem with win 10 (which is great) yet when someone like myself or the meta guy says there are problems we have fanbois yelling and screaming at us there is no problem or so called 'professionals' like your mate calling as 'dumb and have zero idea' straight off the bat...yet then you say you not looking for a fight?..wow. Its simple, if there was no problem, we wouldnt be complaining would we? You can express your opinion to say there is no problem, but obviously there is a problem....if you dont believe us..cool..you dont have to, but you dont have to justify yourselves by attacking us.

The dilbery guy was the A**hole first, the meta guy responded accordingly....yet you criticize the meta guy for being the A**hole first..please..zzz

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I don’t think I couldn’t have come from a more neutral position but hey you do you mate. :thumbup:

16. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

It is one thing to think someone is an Asshole, but it is another to actually publish it without any real justification, nor be able to prove it, so look up the definition of that word to see exactly what it means.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  17. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Ah, sorry, I wasn't meant to quote you, was directed at the other trolls. I've edited it.

ChinoPD likes this.
  18. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

If you guys actually read what I said...i'll say it again

I did a fresh install of win 10...no changes to anything...no setting change, no privacy setting change...fresh install.. (DO YOU GET THAT?)....and I still have these problems

Then you mate basically says i've made changes that I clearly stated I havent, and you also assume that I've made changes...that I didnt, will state again...I havent any setting changes, and in saying that calls us dumb and have zero idea in the same post.. that is being an a**hole.

Now next time before you reply to a post, please read what has been said and reply accordingly, if you cant read, dont want to read, or cant understand whats been said..please dont reply :thumbup:

ChinoPD likes this.
  19. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Oof. And people say the Linux community is toxic.

flu!d, 2SHY, ChinoPD and 2 others like this.
  20. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I wasn’t specifically referencing you though You came in and asked what tweaks,so I’d assumed you meant what tweaks do dumb shit, not what you specifically did....

A professional shows up, says it like it is and some random guy gets the shits because he’s taken it personally.... GG the Internet is a scary place. But yeah, we no understando.