[WIN10] Windows 10 Mega thread

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 15, 2014.

1. mareke

mareke Member

Have you tried reading it with Acrobat Reader DC? I wouldn't use anything else to open a PDF file.

2. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

just downloaded it, and same thing (same pages don't load)

3. mareke

mareke Member

The arrogant bastards at Microsoft tried to make Edge the default PDF reader after one of its updates on my computer. See if you can download the PDF file using another browser like Firefox & open it with Adobe Reader. You could also try opening it in Edge and saving it as a PDF file and then opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. It sounds like a formatting issue.

4. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

tried opening in Edge, saving as a new pdf, and same thing when opened in browser/Adobe

5. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

well i found a workaround.. print as pdf

6. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

7. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

I'd generally agree with that, however most free antivirus products don't do this, they give away limited functionality in return for a possible paid upgrade later on, and it's illegal without consent regardless.

8. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

Win10 20h2 media creation tool truncates your flash drives to 32GB (FAT32), btw-
    you have to use free third party apps like euseus partition master to expand them to regular size.

9. rthy

rthy Member

Any one know how to dejoin a azure ad pc?
    I signed in with my work account into a PC and formatted it, now it only prompts for accounts with in the organization

have tried replacing the oem w7 activation key which overwrites it, but once it reset to default it will have the organization activation

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Access work or school, disconnect work email

11. rthy

rthy Member

Thx,
    Did disconnect the account from work, and used the local admin account to reset windows, but once reset, it will for a work email
    Also removed the license key and activated with the oem w7 key on the box (dell) using slmgr -upk

12. metamorphosis

metamorphosis Member

Oh, no, now they've started crazy-stalker-ex'ing the main browser default app bit as well, as of the last update. And they've added links to the web versions of their office apps in the start menu? Pretty sure there's a anti-competitive lawsuit waiting to happen here.

13. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

th3_hawk likes this.
  14. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

15. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

What's wrong with snippy for basic screen capture and paste? :p

Snippy rocks.

16. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

ShareX has automated work flows that happen after the region capture, and they’re a massive time saver. I watched a tech use snipping tool today and it was soooo sloooow... ShareX is all like bam bam BAM done, uploaded, link is already in your clipboard. Done.

17. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Slow!?? I open snippy, press "new", capture the area and paste into email or whatever. It's literally under 5 seconds. How on earth could that ever be classified as slow? :lol: And how much more efficient than that (and time) can an app possibly be? :p

18. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww.

I literally took an animated screen grab whilst typing that, pasted below without even accessing the clipboard, all thanks to ShareX. :D

EvilGenius likes this.
  19. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

You have to open it? I haven't used sharex, but I use greenshot. I press a key on my keyboard and it starts capturing what I want. I then get a menu whether I want to upload, save, edit etc, and done. Why use a program that makes you open it up and tell it what you want before any of that happens?

The sole purpose of the snipping tool is so windows has something built in for me to ask plebs to use instead of print screen/paste into word doc :sick:

20. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Yah, the penny drops real quick once you try these new apps/workflows out for screen capture. Don't get me wrong, I used snipping tool for years, but am very glad that I moved on from it. ShareX has a great little editor too that's on par with paid capture software for creating pointer arrows and blurring text. Oh, also, you can probably do this in Greenshot, where you create multiple keyboard shortcuts for different types of capture workflow - for example in ShareX, PRNTSCRN for me is static frame capture and copy to clipboard, where SHIFT PRNTSCRN is region capture for 4 seconds at 30 fps, upload to cloud and then copy the link to the clipboard for pasting.