1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows on a Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by Maelstrom, Jul 29, 2018.

  1. Maelstrom

    Maelstrom Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2001
    Messages:
    1,626
    Location:
    Canberra
    My work is offering a choice of Macbook pros or standard HP/Lenovo laptops and I've been tossing up whether to take the Macbook Pro and chuck bootcamp + windows on it.

    Anyone have any experiences? Would I be better off saving myself the pain and just getting a standard laptop?

    I can imagine the command key on the keyboard might be a little annoying, but I suspect the Macbook will have higher specs than anything else on offer. Plus it is likely to be my only avenue for playing with MacOS for a while (though I don't really want to use MacOS as my daily driver or my productivity will probably plummet).
     
  2. thecondor

    thecondor Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Messages:
    2,518
    I run windows 10 on my mbp and its fantastic.

    All drivers work perfectly. Windows 10 runs better on my MBP then OSX does.

    Cant recommend getting a MBP and running windows on it enough. (Since your work is buying it anyway as mine did)

    I have 80% of the HDD partitioned to W10 and the other 20% to OSX, I barely ever even bother going into osx anymore.
     
    Maelstrom likes this.

Share This Page

Advertisement: