1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows on a Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by Maelstrom, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Member

My work is offering a choice of Macbook pros or standard HP/Lenovo laptops and I've been tossing up whether to take the Macbook Pro and chuck bootcamp + windows on it.

Anyone have any experiences? Would I be better off saving myself the pain and just getting a standard laptop?

I can imagine the command key on the keyboard might be a little annoying, but I suspect the Macbook will have higher specs than anything else on offer. Plus it is likely to be my only avenue for playing with MacOS for a while (though I don't really want to use MacOS as my daily driver or my productivity will probably plummet).

2. thecondor

thecondor Member

I run windows 10 on my mbp and its fantastic.

All drivers work perfectly. Windows 10 runs better on my MBP then OSX does.

Cant recommend getting a MBP and running windows on it enough. (Since your work is buying it anyway as mine did)

I have 80% of the HDD partitioned to W10 and the other 20% to OSX, I barely ever even bother going into osx anymore.

Maelstrom likes this.