Windows XPH Japanese Install CD anyone?

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by kraniX, Jul 22, 2008.

1. kraniX

kraniX Member

Hi all,

(Firstly I don't believe this is illegal but I sincerely apologise if it is, please delete if so)

I know this is a long shot, but I need to run a repair on a laptop running Japanese XP Home. Unfortunately, the owner doesn't have the CD which came with the laptop.

Would anyone be able to lend me the media? Alternatively, if you have a TechNet account you are able to help my cause here!

I really appreciate any help you guys are able to provide with this. Happy to exchange the monetary value of a six-pack for your time and effort.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. foxmulder881

foxmulder881 Member

If the owner didn't get an install disc, then there should have been a recovery partition on the notebook.

3. TMM

TMM Member

I'm pretty sure it's legal to download the CD if you need to, provided you use a legal CD key.

4. OP
    OP
    kraniX

kraniX Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input.

I misworded my original post, the owner actually lost the XP media. There is no recovery partition on the hard drive unfortunately.

In regards to downloading the image - I've searched high and low for torrents, the best I've found is XP Pro Jap.. but I specifically need XP home (the key won't work otherwise).

Cheers
    Scott

5. power

power Member

like most microsoft media you should be able to order it from Microsoft.

6. Asgaldh

Asgaldh (Banned or Deleted)

i doubt they'll have it. I think your best bet to to find a Japanese agency, and ask them there they got their supply of Japanese Windows from.

If you can't, just download a copy from online, and install using a legit serial.

7. power

power Member

they will at least be able to tell you where to obtain it legally...

8. Boxman

Boxman Member

Product keys seem to be language and version specific for Windows XP. You are right, the best bet is to get an image off a member. It should be quicker than waiting for MS to ship you a new one.

9. OP
    OP
    kraniX

kraniX Member

Hi guys,

Microsoft are not interested in supplying the media, unless the place of purchase has gone out of business. They direct you to go back to the retailer to source the CD, but unfortunately the retailer is 8000km away.

I may have found an image on the net today, will test it out tonight and let you know how I go.. is supposed to have SP3 slipstreamed as well (BONUS!)

Cheers
    Scott