WindowsMo vs Android vs Apple OS

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by bl4ck32, Sep 20, 2009.

1. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Its obviously phone based, or work based but im interested as to why people are using one or the other. Just wondering which which OS is on the phone that you use?

Also, what are your thoughts on it?

If you had to choose out of the three listed, which and why? (advantages / dis)

2. spludgey

spludgey Member

I use Windows Mobile because there are countless free apps and it's compatible with my computer.
    Maybe in time I'll swap over to Android depending on how popular it becomes and if people start writing heaps of apps.

3. power

power Member

been using winmo for ages, and tbh am very happy - using one as a work mobile and have had 4 winmo's personally.

4. [KEi]SoVeReIgN

[KEi]SoVeReIgN Member

Apple on iPhone.

Have had 3 Winmo phones in the past, I found them all clunky, hard to use, not intuative and even on unlimated data plans from work I never used an internet browser because I found them all too finiky to use. (IE and Opera)
    The customisation was fantastic though, there aren't as many apps but I liked that you could get illegal/dodgy apps to open up special ;) functions.

Never go back to another winmo phone though at this stage, Apple have got the user experience down pat IMO, even if lacking a few features (unless jailbroken).

5. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

iphone here. just jailbreak it and your apple OS experience will be even better.

6. nEBUz

nEBUz Member

Loving Android (rooted and with CyanogenMod) on a vodafone Magic.

It's about as quick/nice (maybe not quite) as iPhone, but infinitely nicer for actually doing things on; typing/multitasking/actual useful free apps. No idea how it is compared to WinMo though.

7. mustkill

mustkill Member

winmo for multitasking... although cheap winmo phones can get annoying (really really slow)...
    iphone is alright, but sometimes freezes completely... (two iphones ive used both had the same effect)
    havnt tried andriod yet, dont think there is enough support out there yet?
    and also is there a word editing program on the android platform?

8. UB3R

UB3R Member

have had 2 winmo phones, hated both, too small to use finger on (though this has probably changed) and generally got really slow unless you religiously ended applications every few hours.

I'm looking at an iPhone purely because of the ease of use and the amount of apps out there. i just got jack of f$#king around with my winmo.

If Android had multitouch enabled (it can do it, it's just turned off in software!) and better support i would jump on, it looks to have everything iPone does except multitouch and the range of apps...

Also, hoping WinMo7 pwns...

9. MomijiTMO

MomijiTMO Member

I like all of them lol. If I had to pick I'd go with WinMo for now. Android doesn't have the developer support that WinMo has but I'm sure it will change. Oh and MobileShell3 has cured my primary Android wants.

10. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Winmo 6.5, came back to winmo for integration with office suite (for work) having gone to symbian OS for a couple of years. Touch hd is a nice unit to use on day-day basis and the winmo roms have had some great improvements in the last few builds.

Problem i have is that, as im not in IT, i have to work with the infrastructure provided for me... so, if its not already installed in the desktop build then it wont be anytime soon. i.e. no custom software on the desktop for syncing duties. Thankfully they update activesync a bit more often now.

Not sure how android is going to get along with MS office suite?

Also love tweaking the absolute shit out of the winmo OS... little reg tweak here, addon cab there... dont like the way something works? Change it! I trust android will excel in this department?

iPhone (does the OS have a name?) i find to be quite intuitive to use, guy at work here has no joy syncing with MS office, but he prob just doesnt know what he's doing.

11. isaaus

isaaus Member

I used Winmo based handsets for a little over 4yrs. There has been a huge improvement but i have always found them slow. I loved HTC tytn2 but after that nothing impressed me.

I used Apple OS on 3G and found it slow and sold the phone after 2weeks and went back to Winmo (omnia) but alas same story.

I do like Apple OS at the moment but that is because 3GS has enough grunt to keep it running smoothly and there are few kinks and limitations in Apple OS but same was there for Winmo.

12. nexx

nexx Member

The upcoming HTC Leo seems to solve a lot of WinMo issues. It has a multitouch capacitive screen, and the 1ghz CPU should ensure things are nice and fast :)

I'm still not a big fan of the WinMo GUI itself, but HTC cover most of it up with TouchFlo...

Haven't had any experience with Android yet.

13. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

I've used all 3 in the last year (tytn2, iphone, hero)...
    winmo has the massive amount of older apps, iphone has stupid games and trialware, android has linux...

I tihnk my favorite out of the lot is android, but if I tried winmo on a newer phone I'd possibly change my mind... although I cant see capacative touchscreen making it very easy to use, winmo uses very small buttons and controls....

That said, the iphones on-screen keyboard shits all over android (for now anyway), of course nothing beats the hardware keyboard if you can live with the bulk

14. cvidler

cvidler Member

I've been using Windows Mobile, since when it was Windows CE many moons ago. Then through the HP iPAQ phase of a 3660, 5550, then the first phone iPAQ 6915, and now I'm on a iMate Ultimate 9210.

As others have said, there's lots of free apps available, integrates with Outlook/Exchange perfectly, isn't Apple with their closed proprietary system with limited features and apps.

Tried a linux install on the 3660 way back when, certainly wasn't usable back then, but would certainly be interested in a linux phone again should it meet my needs.