Wireless - Are they that bad?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by zubar, Dec 22, 2016.

1. zubar

zubar Member

So I'm looking at getting a wireless headset. Wires just shit me....

I know people say wireless is shit and it's never as good as wired and I completely understand this.

I'm looking at the Corsair Void wireless. I currently have Thermaltake eSports shock. How much of a difference would there be between the two? I know my TT are no high end headset, but to me they do the job for gaming.

Are the corsairs worth it? has anyone had experience with it? :confused:

TIA!

2. tree86ers

tree86ers Member

i do have a friend that has been using them. From what she has been telling me they are pretty good.

Like anything audio you kinda need to test it your self first then go from there.

3. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

It's like a computer

Some people can't stand it if games dip below 100fps and heaven forbid playing on a monitor with less than 144hz refresh is unbearable and to them it's like someone poking their eyes with a white hot poker.

Vast majoirty would be happy for 60fps average and not dip below 30fps on 60hz monitor.

If you never really cared from one brand to another and your audiophile vocabulary consists of voulume and bass than Any decent brand are great sounding wireless headphones.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  4. OP
    OP
    zubar

zubar Member

thought so guys, thanks for the info. Will probably opt for them, they seem to have a good battery life too

5. Snufkin

Snufkin Member

Wireless isn't bad, just bad value for money.

Even the best wireless headsets I've tested ~($350) are only as good as some of the basic wired models (~$150).
    Add to this a smaller range to choose from and much higher failure rate and it can be difficult to justify.

6. Spork!

Spork! Member

My lawnmowing headphones have a built-in wireless. :D

[​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    zubar

zubar Member

True, I'll be happy if its the same quality as my TT ones, which Im guessing they will be better. So im happy with that :)

hahahah epic

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2016