[WIN7] Wirless keyboard and mouse wont work during installation

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by burrows, Jan 12, 2018.

1. burrows

burrows Member

I have a G19 and a mouse. And both of these wont work when i try to do a installation of Windows 7. It will get up to the first dialog screen but i cant go any further due to the devices not working. In the bios the USB legacy is enabled. and the mouse also works in the bios.
    This the MB i have. https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6/index.asp
    Anyone with suggestions i should try. Thanks.

2. wullieb1

wullieb1 Member

3. OP
    OP
    burrows

burrows Member

I did try that but i was getting errors so i gave up. What about if i take out c ssd drive and put one in from my old computer with access to the files. I would then use the d drive to install the OS then access the files from the c drive and also put the drivers my documents folder. Then re install the os to original drive and ssd. Move all my files i need for the USB and Lan to the c drive. Reformat d drive and move back the files to d drive. So if i have to do a reformat in the future i will have the files. I know this is the long way round but it is the only alternative unless i call a tech which i don't really want to do as they cost too much. So would this idea work by taking ssd on the C drive replacing it my files and installing the os on the D drive.

4. callan

callan Member

Zotac have a program that patches an ISO image of your Win7 install disk to natively support the USB3 ports during installation. I couldn't find it on a 2 second search but I've used it successfully. Wander around their (rather unintuitive) site and see what you can find.

Callan

burrows likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    burrows

burrows Member

Thanks Callan