Witcher 3 key give away

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by datfreak, Dec 23, 2016.

1. datfreak

datfreak Member

On the TW3 thread I made comment that The Witcher 3 is the only game in over 30 years of gaming that I wish I could pay more for. It has given me so much entertainment. So time to put money where my mouth is - I've bought another TW3 GOG key to give away.

To make it interesting how about people share a memorable game experience and I'll pm the key to the winner on xmas day. Ill pick the winner with no particular selection criteria in mind.

Any game. Could be as simple as the first time you saw digital boobs with duke 3d in the early 90s, a complicated plot twist in Vampire bloodlines or a epic boss fight in borderlands 2.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. power

power Member

I don't want the key but one of the most memorable experiences I can quote is the first time you enter Rapture in Bioshock.

3. danyell

danyell Member

I would love the key, so will reply... :)

I remember back when I was on a Melbourne based BBS (Nemesis) I was friends with this dude who suggested we play Doom co-op. after we both claimed we were pretty badass at it.

We dialled in to one or the others modems (I think I was at 9.6K during this era) and we played, often interrupted by one of my parents picking up the phone to make a call cos I hadn't put a post-it on the phone again. We would often stop and chat after clearing an area and talk shit, look for secrets, try and get to weird places, whatever.

I forget the map, but it was narrow corridors with sky overhead, tight corners, pretty tense. He ranges ahead and left me fighting some imps on my own (prick). I follow, only to have him sprint back past me without a word which I think is odd but looked really funny, until a second later a horde of pinkies (and everything else) that had been chasing him rounds a corner before me and I'm dead in seconds. He fed me to them.

We think this is the funniest thing to ever happen in the game to this point and chat about it at length on the phone afterwards. That sort of early co-op was just too much fun. One of my fav. gaming memories cos it was shared, even though it was shared with some dude I remember little about and never met. Seems long ago.

4. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

I remember when i was a younger me, i played Unreal Tournament, and i got good.... really good. even on the hardest difficulty i could 1shot snipe from the other side of the map, or jump off walls while using the flac cannon to blast through a skull

I thought it was time

I went online

and for the next 30 minutes i proceeded to die repeatedly until i gave up.

I managed to get one person to die tho, they killed me with a flac cannon at close range, and half of it missed me, hit the wall, bounced and hit them

To this day i still dont do online pvp 1st person shooters

5. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester Member

The time I had to stop playing Monkey Island because my belly hurt from laughing so much!

6. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I don't need the key either but I want to keep the thread going so someone can enjoy this incredible game.

I've been gaming for such a very long time that I can see flashes of memory from hundreds of games, so it's hard to find the most memorable.

Dungeon Master was probably the most mind-blowing experience I can remember. I was totally hooked on how amazing it was for the time as it fed into my love of all things D&D and fantasy. Black Crypt, Bloodwych and Hired Guns also blew me away as awesome iterations on an already beloved game genre.

Midwinter, Starglider, Unreal, Diablo, TA, Mass Effect...soooo many.

7. congoh

congoh Member

First time I played Half Life.

I liked playing games before but this one really pushed me into a different category (with accompanying shame pile to go with it).

It was just the right mixture of engaging plot, interactivity and action all rolled into one. I still occassionally go back and play it just for the buzz.

8. Sledge

Sledge Member

Yeah my last memorable moment was way back in Halflife as well..maybe HL2

When you go crawling through the vents and there's one of those crab things that jumps at you..
    scared the crap outta me at the time.. still remember it lol

there's been no other games since that has given me anything to remember so much..

9. OP
    OP
    datfreak

datfreak Member

Bioshock is still shockingly good.

haha Counter strike(the original) is like that for me - ive played it a tonne but everytime the other online players remind me how much I suck. kill ratio was about 10:1 - not in my favor.

I still remember the original Diablo - the butchers clever. I was a D&D fan too in the dark ages - the bards tale, pool of radiance, dragonlance Hillsfar.

I started with HL2 and IMO it redefined what video games are. The opening scene in the train was such a step up from before and then Ravenholme.

10. Anakist

Anakist Member

Playing FEAR one night and it culminated to getting to the stage where you climb up (or down?) the ladder, then turn around and the girl is standing right there. Scared the shit out of me and I had to stop. My Wife still teases me about it 6 or however many years later.

James

11. Partha

Partha Member

My most memorable experience is walking out the crashed space ship in the very first Unreal game, the first time you come out open and lok at the environment. It blew my mind completely.

This is shown here in 3:23 seconds ( not my Youtube video )

EDIT: Above video link fixed as per Sledge's advise.

Within next few minutes the brutes attacked me with their rocket launchers and I was like wow is this for real. Still one of the most memorable moment in my gaming life.

12. Sledge

Sledge Member

You only need the part after ?v=

13. melatonin

melatonin Member

I got a few I'll share.

Playing FF7 on ps1 was around 11 years old, mum watched me play the whole game between reading books and says at the end "that story made no sense"

Dad and his friend turning on the gamecube and playing Soul caliber two at halftime while watching the footy to see as he said "camel toe Taki and the Bondage chick(Ivy)", Turns out Dad is just a big teenager.

My Girlfriend(now wife) playing new mario brothers on the train on the DS, she's one of those people that moves back and forth and was knocking people on the train but was so focused she didn't realize, she beat the game in like 2 days which was very impressive.

14. T-Bones

T-Bones Member

I've been playing games since computers became a viable gaming platform and I always remember the following games which got me hooked:

The original "Space Hulk" game which continually gave me panic attacks while desperately trying to survive against those lethal genestealers with that limited freeze time and watching your team slowly get decimated before escaping with only 1 terminator - yet to experience this in any other game since.

The classics "Dune II", "Command & Conquer" and later "Dawn of War", "Company of Heroes" have always stuck in my mind as the pinnacle of the RTS genre. Each time I play these I'm amazed by the AI which still hasn't really been improved since.

As for memorable moments within those games, the whole gaming experience has stuck with me always and I've been playing games for at least 35 years.

15. Pemalite

Pemalite Member

Halo: Combat Evolved.

Thought it was just going to be another typical first person corridoor shooter which was so common back then.
    After the first level... You crash land on the planet, walk out of your ship... And then this happened. The world opened up.
    [​IMG]

And you could explore, drive vehicles. Etc'. It was a pretty unique experience back then. It also made a great GPU benchmark as well. :thumbup:

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

for me it was Starsiege: Tribes, the first PC multiplayer game I saw. We had it set up at school on all the Pentium 200mhz PC's. But if you wanted high FPS you got on one of the two pentium 2 333mhz beasts!

The open maps, the verticality, the slow projectiles which required preaiming to hit moving targets. To make it better, the boys who set it up were running 'shifter' mod which added so many different weapons and deployables and I just loved building up difficult defenses for noobs who didnt fully understand game to get demolished by (as only us in the IT team played it lots and new the in's and out's).

The 2 best things for me were:

1) When I went home to dial in from home using 56k into the schools server (running ISDN) and played from home vs people at the school confusing the hell out of them.

2) When I finally saved enough $ at my $4.30 an hr Maccas job to buy a Creative TNT2 32meg and see the game in OpenGL for the first time (wow! so smooth and pretty)

Ahh joys that I will never feel again.. I think it changes as we get older :upset:

17. Razor-47

Razor-47 Member

Don't need the key either but for me the one experience I will always remember is the first time I stepped out of the train station into City 17 in Half-Life 2. It was truly mind-blowing.

The music starting, the environment, the NPCs moving around. Felt like this was truly a living and breathing world. It probably wouldn't wow me as much today, but in 2004 it was a masterpiece.

18. Partha

Partha Member

Thanks Slege. Fixed it after your guidance :)

19. Cool Barn

Cool Barn Member

My first gaming console was a Tandy (yes the shop, now ex-shop) branded one that could play Pong. The old "Tandy Electronic TV Scoreboard" - what a revolution it was! You didn't have to go down to the local fish and chip shop and spend 20 cents to get your gaming fix :D

Playing it was always a memorable experience - it was just amazing back in the 70s thinking you could so easily connect something to your brand new COLOUR TV and have some black and white gaming action! And don't get me started on the included gun for the clay shooting game - how the hell could the television work out if you had hit that moving square or not?

Didn't matter - it was always fun. The dawn of gaming was a very memorable and fine time indeed.

20. Imitation

Imitation Member

I was installing Command & Conquer. Yup. Installing.

I was installing C&C and got under the desk to fix my speakers / sub. I got the sound working at what must have been the end part of the installer. During the gibberish part.. yep... none of this 'test' sound bullshit just choose settings / autodetect and fix it later said 10 year old me. I freaked out and smashed the back of my head on the desk. When I managed to see the screen I saw it was nothing serious and that installation was just completing. That was a great way to 'start' the game.

I never saw another installer as cool as that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77k-eNscp2k sound starts around 50 seconds.