Wolcen: Lords Of Mayhem

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by XanaTos, Feb 11, 2020.

1. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Hack and slash game.

It's a playable beta till the 13th then it's full release with online play.

It's alot of fun and shiny if you liked diablo.

Alot of youtube stuff of current game play and classes.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  2. raGneG

raGneG Member

Bought this a year ago and refunded it because it was sooooooo incomplete. My main game has been POE for 2 years so while I do want to check it out and hope it's good.. in reflection it's going to be hard to not want to just go back to POE after a bit.

3. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I backed this on Kickstarted ages ago.

It has gone through alot of development, and its quite a good game (although not finished)

4. OP
    OP
    XanaTos

XanaTos Member

I'm having alot of fun with it and can't wait till the full release, just hope the server's can handle it all.

I've got no hope in D4 been good now and this has been alot of fun for me.

5. nikloas

nikloas Member

Just bought it, looking forward to playing it this week :)

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Was incomplete in Early Access. Hopefully it is playable at release.

7. raGneG

raGneG Member

I dunno man. Nothing that interesting here apart from some decent current gen ARPG visuals. The tile sets are so very much Diablo looking. Not sure I'll bother. I think I'll just wait for POE 2.0.

8. Roger

Roger Member

Grabbed it from humble for AU$36 or there abouts because I got a 15% off for being a subscriber.

Looking forward to giving it a go, definitely looking forward to having another decent (hopefully) arpg to swap between.

Between this, POE, Grim Dawn and Last Epoch, its a good time to be an ARPG fan. D3 is decent every now and then in short bursts, but I burn out on that game so fast sadly.

9. darknebula

darknebula Member

Looks like a Diablo 3 clone, it looks nice but I doubt I could drag myself away from POE to check it out

10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Looks like launch issues as usual. Glad i waited.

11. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

I think it'll be good value at $30 aud but def not $60.

hippyhippy and thecondor like this.
  12. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh I paid $60 for it because my friend was asking me to play. Friday night although server was buggy, it was still playable. Was pretty good. Then all through saturday/sunday it was maintenance. Their server was design to handle 2000 concurrent users but instead due to hype 65000 users bought it. What kind of moron would design an online game and expect 2000 concurrent users??!?!? It's like they were expecting to fail. Anyway I couldn't play with my friend all weekend, had to resort to playing offline single player mode instead. Man the amount of shit they ripped out of D3 is hillarious. Not sure if it's paying homage to D3 or just lazy designer.

13. Tazor

Tazor Member

I've been playing for about 1+ years, since it was a 1 act open world game where you fought your way to a catacombs and you could dual wield 2H weapons to hilarious effect.

I really enjoy the visceral gameplay of this game, as a predominantly GD player it was refreshing in some ways so I've sunk about 80 hours into it across the Beta, a couple of mates have also picked it up so looking forward to being able to play coop.

14. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Saw some gameplay videos by Rhykker of wolcen. The "inspiration" from Diablo 3 looks so immense, I'm surprised blizzard isn't asking for royalties.

15. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

So far I've seen Imperius, Solarion (Imperius weapon), Belial and even Diablo herself lol.

16. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

All the videos ive seen ... You really wouldn't notice the diff between this and d3... if wolcen had classes... it's be the same game. Skill tree is quite intriguing... blizzard should just buy this company and make wolcen the next patch.

17. SpudBoy

SpudBoy Member

you really trust blizzard to not cock it up?

Wolcen is actually quite impressive particularly coming out of an indi studio. launch issues asside (hey, even AAA devs mess this up) the game is very enjoyable to play.

18. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Not debating it... looks good... but not good enough for me to drop 60 bucks and some time on it. I still don't understand the end game... is it a race to build a city and collect resources? What about multiplayer ?

19. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh I agree. $30 is about right. Infact my friend in HK paid $30 only. We are simply getting ripped off. It's not a bad game. If it was I would've said $30 is not even worth it. But in it's current state, there are so many bugs not just with the online server. Even offline it's just not very polished. Like mobs you can't hit, quest completion windows pops up in the middle of your screen blocking visibility to everything including mobs that's still killing you, loot on floor that's very hard to see, dupes etc.

20. OP
    OP
    XanaTos

XanaTos Member

You're talking like Blizzard never ripped off anyone.