WORK LOG: Modding p182 Se window

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MzL, Apr 21, 2008.

1. MzL

MzL Member

hi guys . ill be keeping a log on my mod on my p182Se window.

it will be done within the next week or so.

wish me luck :)

heres some pics to start of with
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thats the stuff ill be useing. ill be getting some clear acrlyic perspecs soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    heres the template i will be working with :)

i hope i can get it done so i can see the insides of my comp :)
    [​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

i made my template a bit bigger. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    did i mention that i got this roll of tape for free? well when i went to bunnings and got my stuff the check out chick didn't scan some stuff in my trollerly.
    so i walked out and got home and was like ' i still got money left????'
    saved like 40bucks :) the tape and alcohol thing for free :)

3. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i finsihed with the template and marked everything. then mearsured it agian.
    i ended up drawing the cut-out on the panel rather then template. seemed more accurate.
    it looks alright and about the right size and scale.

a little delay with the perspec. but i will be planning to get a clear blue kinda color. so my blue cathodes will give us a good blue glow. if not get a tinted shade one

i forgot to mention im cutting with a jigsaw not the rotary tool. the rotary tool only 2 cut the inside to get rid off 2 layers of the side panel so the perspec sits almost flush with the mirror.
    ( i have the jigsaw somewhere in the shed have to find it >< )

4. Renza

Renza Member

nice would love to see how the final result looks :)

btw 'arcks' is spelt arcs :)

5. PeppeX

PeppeX Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  6. Sydneyboi

Sydneyboi Member

Nice, should look great when its done. Where did you get 3M tape, I can't seem to find stores that have it.

7. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

lol my bad ><

yeah i know. imma use the dremel to cut 2 layers off from the inside. so the perspec sits on the other metal sheet not on the bak :)

lol nice work with yours . will be nice to see ur finished :)

i got it from bunnings around 20bucks

8. PeppeX

PeppeX Member

I dont understand :confused:

On the inside there is a really really thin sheet of aluminium, then there is plastic, then there is the outside chrome panel. Will you be mounted you panel on the outside? I think i kinda get what you mean. You will mount the window on the inside but it will be touching the outside chrome panel.

Also did u get the U channel from bunnings? What is the size of the gap in the middle?

Also is the 3M tape the double sided tape that was used in the youtube video basic custom window mod?

9. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

yup thats right. ill have to use my panel very carefully. heres a link of some other guy that im copying http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032166907&postcount=826

i got my u-channel from clark rubber. its 3mm thick and the gap is 1mm.

yeah its the exact same thing fromm the video :) thats where i got the thing from :) cost about 20bucks for just a little roll

10. PeppeX

PeppeX Member

Actually i was planning to do that.... But how can u control the dremel so well that u dont cut the chrome plate lol.... I got some u channel from PCCG and it is 1mm thick and i cant do anything with it. But if i choose to do it this way it will be useful :)

11. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

put the thing on low speed . once u clear the 1st sheet of metal and hit the plastic u stop.

then u peel the plastic off slowly. :)

12. PeppeX

PeppeX Member

LOL i ripped the whole like 0.00001mm aluminium sheet off before i start LOL. So that is no problem. I only have to cut the plastic bit ;)

13. Shinanigans

Shinanigans Member

Why on earth would you buy the SE case if you're just going to hack half of it up! :confused:

Each to their own, but i think if you want a window badly enough to cut up that gorgeous mirror finish panel, you coulda just bought a 900 or something.

14. PeppeX

PeppeX Member

Because i got on ebay for really cheap :). If it screws up i just buy another case meh lol. But it is going good so far. Also if you own an P182SE u would know. If u touch it finger prints everywhere and u have to wipe it down and u get these light scratch marks when u look at it on a certain angle

15. Shinanigans

Shinanigans Member

Ah, fair enough then :) I've just been playing with the standard edition P182 recently and it's a flippin great case! :thumbup: Anyway, enough yammering in this guys thread! Enjoy :D

16. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

the mirror finish was an extra. i just liked it because of its black finish inside. and im not that great when it comes to spray paniting :)

17. TheLobb

TheLobb (Banned or Deleted)

everytime someone does this to one of thoose cases i cry. O well, at least you not showing half of the bottem section or the 5.25 bays like Peppex did.

18. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

hahahah.i would really cry if i screw up!!!!

yeah poeple who do windows should just stick with the nice stuff. eg cpu cooler ,gfx.

but antec should make windows people can buy like lian li cases do.

19. magnum_pwr

magnum_pwr Member

Is the blue 3M tape really worth its price? I was like :shock: when I saw it cuz I was planning on getting some.

20. OP
    OP
    MzL

MzL Member

ROFL . SAME!!!:eek: it was like 20bucks. but i cbf cleaning my sidepanel after i finsihed. if normal maskin tape does leave stuff behind ull have to use a cloth and water to rub it off and maybe finsihed it off with some isopropyl alcohol to make it sparkle.

since this panel is mirror finsih i thought it was worth it. but if ur just suing normal sidepanel then NO ITS NOT WORTH 20BUCKS FOR SOME TAPE!!!! :cool: