Work visa for USA as a bachelor commencing internship

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Ronald Reagan, Jun 8, 2019.

  1. Ronald Reagan

    Ronald Reagan Member

    Aug 31, 2017
    Rancho del Cielo
    Would anyone here have any experience on how long it takes to get a work visa approved for the US? More info: bachelor's degree qualified, purpose of application to attend a 3 week paid internship, AUS citizen. Also, would it be under H1-B, H3, or something else? I understand time varies but looking for an approximate time frame here since the program commences early July and wondering if it'll be even possible to get work rights in time.
  2. Phalanx

    Phalanx Member

    Dec 23, 2001
    Your employer should be organising what kind of visa it is, for most visa types they need to file the request for you to go and work there before you actually get the visa. They need to file an approved I-129 before you can get any kind of visa and they'll designate what kind of visa you'll be getting.

    If they're not telling you this then it should be raising a few alarm bells, unless it's through a company you already work for and it's a short term transfer (then it's not a H visa though). Who flies someone halfway across the world for a 3 week paid internship? Did you tell them you're Australian and don't have a visa to work there?

Share This Page