Worklog: Massively (Update #65, 29th Nov – Final Pics + Aussie copper pipe fittings!)

Discussion in 'Modding Worklogs' started by Saate, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

But that one in particular, the moment he crashes feels like some kind of freaky flashback shit. :Paranoid:
    It freaks me out. :wired:

2. OP
    OP
    Saate

Saate Member

Hey guys, long time :) The PC has been running really well, no issues with the pump orientation after a few months either which I’m pretty happy with!

Despite many attempts and a few sources I’ve not been able to arrange for a proper photographer in the ACT area to come take final build pics. I managed myself throughout the build and it’s now past time so you’ll have to manage with my efforts :) ..and now the pics, without further delay!

Full res versions and additional photos are also available on Flickr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rocket Science – Fittings for Aussie Copper Pipe

Yep, these are a thing! After many months work I’m happy to announce that I’ve created my own line of fittings for use with Australian standard 12.7mm copper pipe. I’ve documented the whole design and manufacturing process too so will start a worklog to share it soon. It’s been an interesting (and crazy) learning experience that I can’t wait to share with you guys!

I’m selling the fittings via http://www.rocketscience.mx/ but if you have any questions before that’s fully up and running just send me a PM :) Here’s a few previews pics.

Let's just say I won't ever have a problem with sourcing copper pipe again:

[​IMG]

I went in a different direction packaging wise and based on the results I'm glad I did, here's the two packaging types that fit 4 and 12 fittings each:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Labelling, true to my style :)

[​IMG]

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys, hope you’ve all been well! I’m back on the motorbike now, repairs ended up coming in at around 3k so they didn’t write it off but luckily turned it around pretty quick. Still very much in love with riding!

3. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

Massively Impressive:thumbup:

4. panman9

panman9 Member

The build looks phenomenal mate, very impressive.
    Now those pipe fittings are giving me ideas about doing something like this myself.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  5. harrye30

harrye30 Member

Your stuff had always been bordering on ocd, just want to say props to the best build I've seen out of bittech.

6. c_hegge

c_hegge Member

That is some of the finest workmanship I have ever seen on a mod project. Love it :thumbup::thumbup:

7. botlfed

botlfed Member

Amazing build mate, the finished product is just all kinds of awesome. :thumbup:

8. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

So with all those rocket science fitting at your disposal, must be time for you to showcase them in a new scratch build. :lol:

Maybe something sweet and subtle for the VDGF. (she will always be the VDGF in our hearts)

9. pieceofchance

pieceofchance Member

With some of these fittings in front of me, I have to say they are some of the most impressive WC bits I have ever seen in my life... will be doing a new scratch build myself to showcase them when I can come up with a design worthy of the sheer awesomeness of it all. Huzzah for the Saate man :thumbup:

Now to read back through the entire build log again to rip off ideas...

10. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Good job on the fittings \ looks very impressive... but a .mx website? Are you in Mexico?!

11. oculi

oculi Member

cool!

but what is this supposed to say (on a white background like your site)

[​IMG]

KI......IP?

12. SYF_Karma

SYF_Karma Member

now get out and test those fittings with out acrylic tube too.

Cos that stuff not the same either :)

jus sayin

13. c_hegge

c_hegge Member

Rocket Science. I can just make it out looking at the screen at the right angle

14. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

I wonder what Vengeful GF thinks about the Rocket Science project...? :)
    (Wholly supportive I'm sure ;))

You need to be entering this build in every MOTY competition that exists, because it is just so prizeworthy. :thumbup:

Looking forward to your log mate. :D

15. connico

connico Member

Sexy as hell, did you epoxy or lacquer the tubes??

16. BigDave

BigDave Member

Totally AWESOME mate, Glad you didn't waste $$ on a pro as your pics are great. :thumbup:

i'll be looking at your new fittings soon :thumbup:

17. BigDave

BigDave Member

18. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

c'mon Saate... work it out...

...........It's not ROCKET SCIENCE.

19. GOD

GOD (Banned or Deleted)

wow......
    nice work log......(LONG)
    nice build.....:thumbup:
    lot's of dedication.
    no wonder your boss dissaproves.
    your having an affair with your rig when you could be spending time with her in more private.....LOL
    and spending money on the rig instead of getting her that brand spanking new LV bag or that Chennel platinum ring or that gucci sunglasses that she will use it once and store it away never to be seen again.
    ha ha ha haha ha.....

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  20. OP
    OP
    Saate

Saate Member

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I learned so much throughout the process and I’m incredibly proud that I made it in the end. I think because there was so much learning involved I had to figure out what was possible during the build process, it was an evolving vision/design process. I’ll save entering competitions and stuff for the next build, a scratch build I'll design ahead of starting this time.

Thanks mate, keen to see what you come up with!

Was so glad to get your feedback on the look and feel of the packaging mate, keen to see where you go with them :)

Absolutely! I’ve got a scratch build design forming in my head, I want to hand-work aluminium again and step up the complexity this time so expect a 5mm aluminium plate masterpiece as well as some complicated copper pipe work. :)

Haha mate, well I looked at a few options when I was setting up the domain and for just plain rocketscience it was going to be either .fr or .mx – and most people aren’t immediately familiar with .mx as mexico :)

Yeah the site was originally black background so I’m still changing things around. The guide and FAQ stuff will be up before a proper launch, couldn’t resist sharing with you guys in advance though now that they’re actually finished and here!

I used a topcoat/rustguard spray I picked up at Bunnings. I forget the brand but it’ll be in the worklog if you feel like a bit of archaeology :p

Thanks Dave 

They should work with any 12.7mm (eg half inch) pipe we have in Australia, mate :) Crocodave has picked some up to use in a build with (I think) brass tubing so I’m sure he’ll weigh in at some stage. If any of you worklog-posse have 12.7mm OD materials (other than copper) and want to test and post results I’m sure we can work something out!