1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

World of Tanks (F2P)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by DarknRahl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. morry22

morry22 Member

np's David... doing well thank you. I'm really starting to feel like one of the boys in smp/mp.. so many laughs and learnt a lot and see that there is still so much more to learn in the way of fc'ing etc. getting the best of both worlds with extreme fun and giggles on one side to the moments where it's all serious business.

2. savolion

savolion Member

Is it me, or has this arvo been the worst matches ever? Every game we have a terrible win chance and players, just seems the team is welping so fast

3. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

done this in 4 different tanks now, just can't seem to get past 8 kills #unicumproblems

[​IMG]

4. mtma

mtma Member

Been getting fairly decent games. Although ones that I thought would be stomps turned out au contriare.

Just not my Tiger II apparently, grouped at the bottom and then the team wipes for some reason in that tank even if I do decent damage -_-. I have the top gun now but I don't really see why it would be any different.

5. Franc

Franc Member

Its a matter of purely luck to get over 6 kills, really - play enough you'll get 9+ on the odd occasion.

I just did 9 in my Hetzer just now (I refused to sell it after the gold nerf). Look at the stats - If I hadn't tracked the arty I would have had 10. If the guys shooting at me hadn't panicked, they could have killed me easily (I drove right at some of them just after killing the tank next to them so was reloading) I'm not sure how many 9's I have had but its been a fair few. I play very aggressively so I tend to die very quickly (Look at my type 59 survival rate - Frankietank) but I also tend to run into situations where I can get stupid amount of kills.

Done 20K odd matches and have only done ten twice now. (And that's not running cheating tanks like the impregnable 38H before it was given horrible MM).

To do well you have to play well, and your team has to be terrible and the enemy also has to be terrible - its luck even if you earnt it.

[​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. mtma

mtma Member

7. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

Finally figured out the IS-8 (thinly veiled "i killed Div's friend" post :3). basically need to assume nothing will bounce. plays fairly similar to the IS or a hard-hitting medium tank.

[​IMG]

Hey Div, I could gun for the IS-7 or the Obj 261, which would SMP need more if I were to join?

8. Franc

Franc Member

Easy to guess - you play defensively. Ill bet you get a lot more defender badges per games than people (like me) who play aggressively.

9. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Whichever you are better at.

The 261 is at least an arty that still has some use but you'd get more games in the IS-7.

BadAtTanks is not just a good MP player, he is one of the best players on the server.

10. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Bah to the new tank blues. Just got the VK 30.01 (P) but I'm back to that awful rut of grinding out new modules so I can actually do something with it at the same time trying to not get killed instantly because you aren't familiar with the handling/dynamics of the tank.

11. SLIMaxPower

SLIMaxPower Member

Retiring my beloved TC tank the almighty KV-1S after the 8.8 nerf.

Looks like its replacemnt is the T-150, until it gets nerfed..

12. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

Actually if i just fork out for another month of premium I'll have enough for both by the time i grind them out I think. BadAtTanks was one of the last to die, surrounded and engaging someone else, i just shot him in the side but it was a relief to see him pop up on the other side of the map at the start of the game :p

13. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

Unlocked the mouse last night, just have to get the credits now to buy it. Being on sale makes it even better.

14. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

The Maus for some reason commands a strange presence on the SEA server. People go ape shit when they see one. Funny thing is it's an ok tank, the e-100 is much better IMHO.

Nearly got my M48 patton... then it's time to focus on the frenchies... I've had some really good fun in the amx 12 t... hopefully i'll have even more fun in the 13 75 and the 13 90.

ATM REALLY freaking hating the AMX AC 46... what a load of shite always getting put into tier 9 matches in that tank... very frustrating when people can just pen you no matter where they hit...

If i get into a tier 7 match though... can easily play the tank, but it's 1 in 10 chances that i'll actually get into a tier 7 match in it... :-/

15. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Depends a lot on when you play, you have to make sure there are 10s in the queue to suck up all the 9s.

16. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

LOL you are lookign into it way too deeply then... i just play to blow shit up! Which ironically i'm reasonably good at now! :D

17. GDavid

GDavid Member

The guys said it to me a few months back and what Div says is true. Keep an eye on the queue for the tiers it's not hard to see the changes... Watch for the WA and SEA crew invading the server around 1800-2000 your time...

8.8 tomorrow, one SuperPershing returned to the WG garage lol

18. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

im a bit confused about what I should be doing at the moment.

Im playing the soviet line and I'm currently at the end of Tier 5, ive made enough XP to elite all the tier 5 tanks (except SPG) and thus have unlocked most Tier 6 options for Medium (T-34-85), Heavy (KV-1S, KV-2, T-150) and TD (SU-100). I have almost 4 million credits so not really enough to buy ALL of these Tier 6 tanks. After having ground out the XP on the Tier 5 T-34, KV-1 and SU-85 Ive come to like them, but if I move my crews (typically 100% with the first skill/perk at about 70%) up into the new Tier 6 tanks, then Ill never be able to play my Tier 5 ones with this level of upgraded crew again. Sure i can put 50% or even 75% in there, or even if i pay gold and put a 100% crew, but they wont have the skills/perks either...

Similarly though, it doesnt make sense to leave the crews there and start fresh crew at Tier 6, they wont even have any skills/perks and I think the higher the tier the more you want these good crews to be levelled up as much as possible already.

Are you supposed to just move up to Tier 6 and not play any tier 5 tanks with good crews anymore?

Also any opinions on KV-1 KV-2 or T-150? Im not sure which one/s to buy and also not sure out of those 3 which ones I should put my 100% HT crew into. In terms of MT and TD, should I bother with the T-34-85 or SU-100? The wot wiki didnt make them sound very good, but then I guess it has said alot of the soviet tanks were lacklustre eventhough I didnt mind them so much. It just seems disapointing to move my crew up and potentially not enjoy these Tier 5 tanks as much anymore, since they wont have their uber crew.

With my 4 million credits I could probably get 2 of these 5 tanks for the time being... i dont want to spend all my credits as im waiting for camo nets and binocs etc to be on sale so i can grab a bunch. Which 2 would you get and why? (T-34-85, SU-100, KV-1S, KV-2, T-150)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  19. savolion

savolion Member

Su-100, why? Because the isu152 is amazing

20. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

It's just being aware of the current server population and what range of tiers they are playing.

The only way to ensure you get in tier games is playing the Pz 1, Valentine II / B2 or tier 10s. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the server pop and the match maker if you aren't paying any attention.