World of Tanks (F2P)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by DarknRahl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

those things are terrifying.

2. mtma

mtma Member

21 defender medals vs 20 invader medals

I'd like to think my play-style is reasonably balanced.

I lied actually, that was apparently my second scout medal. Not sure which tank the other one is on.

3. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

Sold my Tiger P and bought a VK4502 A and it feels like i have downgraded.
    Armour doesn't seem to bounce anywhere near as much as the P and guns don't get any better till the B.:(
    The L71 gun feels like peashooter going up against all the T9/10 whereas it was great gun on both Tigers.

4. mtma

mtma Member

Had a shocker of night! Then decided to pull out the D for a bit of fun

Click to view full size!

D is for "doing all the work" :lol:

Fun tank, looks like it's going to be the lone German Tier VII left in my garage after the next patch.

I'm considering ditching the T-34-85 in favour of the VK 30.01 d as well, the latter seems to be a much nicer package to play.

5. spectre257

spectre257 Member

Don't play the VK4502A like you would the Tiger P run it like a big medium tank also get the big gun asap as you won't be doing enough damage at that tier with the L/71.

Remember your front plate is not reliable at bouncing shots unless you're top tier and even then it's still a dicey proposition.

6. Velicoma

Velicoma Member

Man having a rough few nights.

[​IMG]

Damage up, really working on my play and situ awareness, but man just can't win the games. Can't figure it out with my platoon games, we're matching tanks pretty well, often carrying (2-3 kills each and usually all top 5 for team), but I find toon games so much harder to win. It's almost as though the rest of the team are spastics when I'm in a platoon. HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here (silly to think it's everyone else with the problem)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  7. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

Honestly it really CAN be everyone else. Eg if people arent scouting or want to drive 1 by 1 into an enemy force and get wasted, you cant always carry the whole map particularly if the enemy has several heavy tanks left

8. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

Ouch, I knew I was only an average player but only having a rating of 2.4k kinda hurt.

I was thinking maybe 3-4 k.

9. twisar

twisar Member

This thread is turning into a World of Ratings thread. Learn to play better, its more fun being uber than a baddie. But play for fun, get a decent social clan, get on vent/ts, platoon up, play TCs. Worry less about stats, cos when you focus on the numbers ever loss feels like the weight of doom.

10. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Isn't OCAU all about e-peen size though? ;)

11. twisar

twisar Member

Oh yeah, I know its pointless to try and turn back the tide.

12. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

New patch and I bet some ego's will get a stroking while others will take a battering..........will be interesting to see if some t00ns notice "changes" in there stats.

Personally I am farming like mad for my first T10, stats have gone secondary as I grind my T9 M103 (at 149K XP atm) and whichever tank returns the best avg credit per battle (win or loss which seems to be the KV1 as I don't have a Lowe), still only have 3Mil but garage may get a major cleanout to get another 2Mil.....so 1.5Mil more to farm.

13. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

IIRC the average XP and damage components of the score aren't counting anything pre 8.8. You're rating will rocket upwards as you play.

14. Velicoma

Velicoma Member

I vent and toon up, but it's not an awful lot of fun getting rolled constantly. Stats are just a way to see where I need to improve. Sure not everyone is competitive like me, but I need to get my comp fix, and this is a decent way of doing it (although, judging by my stats... maybe not).

So, I'm sure you can let us worry about our stats, while you roll noobs like it's fat stacks of cash. :p

15. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

So if you are still using your KV-1 what crew is it running? As per a previous post of mine, Im about to move from Tier 5 to Tier 6 and I suppose am meant to move my 100% crew with 70% repair skill up to a Tier 6 heavy (eg KV-1S or T-150). Problem is, Ive really enjoyed my KV-1 and to see that you still go back and play yours etc, leaves me wondering what to do about crew.

It makes sense to shift the good crew up to wherever the grinding is occuring, but what do you do on previous tier tanks that you liked? Buy a 75% crew (there's 100k+ credits that you have to earn back) or even spend gold on 100%? Or suffer wtih a 50%?

It would be cool if there was less penalty on using a crew from the same tank class (HT MT LT TD etc) on lower tier tanks than they currently sit. Just so you could still enjoy the oldies. From a real world perspective, if this tanker cut his teeth in a KV-1 even though he now drives a IS or whatever, surely he still remembers fondly the intricacies of his first command and although he may be a tad rusty, he is still more capable than a crew fresh from the academy!?

So in your case, obviously youve got your good HT crew up in the Tier 9 and about to move to Tier 10, what crew have you got in the KV-1 that you are credit earning on?

16. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

I just hit 7 million last night; that month long event of 300K per night was basically a free Tier X.

17. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Ohhhhh the sufferance of hindsight and reflection.....I got so many and yet just bought Vents, Rammers, binocs, new tiers, etc.

18. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Can easily do 300k in about 6-8 matches in my premiums..... much easier that way :)

I was averaging approx 1.2m per night when i ground the fk out of the is-6 and the JGTiger 8.8

19. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Gold on the Elite Crews (I have 3-4 of them now).

My KV-1 has a crew at about 138%:
    Mentor, Repair x 2, Clutch Braking, Sit. Aware.......I have treated this Unit with disdain......hindsight, for example my ART crew is at 191% (all BIA).

Whereas my T9 351% and T7 (T29) at 270% (this is the crew for my T10 I think?!?)

20. twisar

twisar Member

Funnily enough the tanks I like Ive got good stats for and the ones I dont like I dont have. Or is cause and effect confused, probably not.