World of Tanks (F2P)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by DarknRahl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Pyranite

Pyranite Member

Not gonna try for the tank, and openly ridicule those who get one.

PBKAC STYLE, YO'

2. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Also gratuitous multi-posting of a 5000+ WN7 game.

[​IMG]

3. Jase

Jase Member

and he is back :D

4. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

Given this week's discount on German tech tree, I plan to get up to Tier 5 for TD and HT/MT. I previously have not had any German tanks at all as I was focused on Soviet and British.

For the TD I have gone the Marder and Hetzer and will soon hit the StuG.

But with MT HT any recomendations on which Tier4 and Tier5 Germans are a good drive?

And on the LT front, is it worth going the Luchs and Leopard etc, or just stick to Frenchies for light tanks?

5. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Should have gone the other TD line. The Marder 38T is a great little tier IV which is rare. The rest get progressively huge guns.

The Douche-bag Wagon 2 is a pretty fun tier 4 as well if you fire all gold. Otherwise there really is no stand out German mid tier heavy and medium tanks apart from maybe the 3002M.

The speed nerfs to the 3601 completely murdered it.

I am currently playing Chinese lights. Light tanks suck ass outside of Tournament / CW.

6. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

I guess having come up against many Hetzers and StuGs while playing other countries I found them to be pretty good opponents thus figured I may as well join the party. Though I guess the other TD line is kinda recent addition so may not have seen as many of them just due to that? At this tier it's not a big drama to change paths

So the Pz4 and Pz3/4 etc, arent that good? What about at the tier 6 and 7 mark, any nice MT/HT options there that would influence what Tier4/5 line to start down?

In terms of LT, what are the popular LT for tournaments and CW?

7. GDavid

GDavid Member

Lasted about a week lol..

8. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

They are fine, middle of the road tanks.

Regular CW there are no lights used because there are no tier 10 lights - the closest would be the BatChat. Limited tier CW the Chaffee / Type-64 / T21 are getting some use for tier 6. The WZ-132 and 13-90 will be picked for certain roles in tier 8.

The end tier German mediums and heavies are a bit meh. However the E75 and E-100 are very good and the E50M is a decent pub stomper as it's a snipey medium that can bully lower tiers with it's strong front armour and ramming ability. Only the E-100 will get a look in in CW.

CW you will find is dominated by flex tactics with dome heavy hitters. So a lot of T-62A / Obj 140 / BatChat with some Foch 155 / Obj 268 / E-100 and maybe an arty or two being the Conq Gun Carrier or the Obj 261.

9. mtma

mtma Member

Getting really close to the Obj 140 but not really sure if if I should buy it or not. If I don't play CW then is there really any point?

10. Pyranite

Pyranite Member

Ruski meds are super OP. Also, fun!

11. mtma

mtma Member

Are they really?

As far as the T-54 - Hell Yes!

however IMO VK 3001d > T-34-85 and VK3002d > T-43 AND T-44.

I've been playing the SU-101 in stock configuration (with the Russian 175pen 100mm) lately and I've found myself out-brawling T-44's. I'd like to believe they're better and whilst I did want to revisit the T-44 really my experience against them seems to just reaffirm that they're not really such a good tank.

On another note is the Obj going to actually be cheaper to play than the T-54? Mind you because I'll be playing the T-54 to completion I'm not sure if I should put the old T-44 crew I have onto the 54. It will be a shame though as the 3 skill crew will just be on the Obj 140 which probably won't get much use.

12. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

I think the Tech Tree Focus for Russia is on next (ie Friday) so dont go out buying a high tier Russian tank until then! Of course you should grind the XP required etc, just hold off dropping the credits until the discounts kick in.

Im pretty sure it's Russia next week, from the calendar that wargaming posted earlier in the month.

I hope there are equipment discounts as well because I have been holding off since like July when the last equipment sale was. I saw a post on their forums from a WG staff that said there wasnt going to be one in Oct or Nov but there would likely be one in December... but Im still hoping anyhow lol.

I'd also be happy with crew training discounts as I have a lot of new tanks ready to crew up, that I didnt have last time it was on special!

13. Franc

Franc Member

I have the object but i play the t54 much more. Its not cheaper (Though I run it on 100% gold, but its a scary indestructible tank of doom even if it costs 100K of ammo on a good game)

Ive almost grinded the 62A as well, I am not even trying (the xp multipliers have made getting a tier 10 trivial IMO)

Oh brilliant thanks for letting me know!

14. Pyranite

Pyranite Member

15. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

Hmm so looking at the details it seems the tech tree focuses only have discounts on up to tier 7. Sorry for the bum steer, I am still at Tier 6/7 myself so I hadnt realised previously that tier 8 and above were out of luck :upset:

Ah well, for USSR I am ready to exploit the 25% off Tier 5-7 special - I am ready to buy Tier 7 TD SU-152 as well as the Tier 6 HT T-150 (already have the KV-1S and KV-2) and hopefully also will be able to get the Tier 7 HT IS and Tier 7 MT T43, if I manage to grind out enough XP on the KV-1S and T-34-85 before the week is through. Only about 15k on each to go...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  16. mtma

mtma Member

Bugger...

Guess I could either buy a SU-152 or KV-13 next on those lines, but I'm not sure. Still on the SU-101 and aside from the 101 and the 54 all my other Russians are being neglected.

17. Franc

Franc Member

Yeah another really crappy special. I was ready to buy the 62A but I wont bother.

18. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

I am not normally as much of a penis in game as I am on the forums but last night....I was in my KV-1S trying to clear my double before CW. Noob team etc. boils down to this. I have 100hp, there is a SU-100M on my team with 250hp and the last enemy is a full health T29, good player, in our cap with cover. I am popping out, try and hit the cupola and bounce a gold shell off the roof of the turret (aiming down at it). I look at my team mate, he is sitting idle, can see nothing and is doing nothing. The same one that left our arty to die after I told him repeatedly exactly where he needed to be. He only had to kill a PzIVs and was at full health at the time.

When we went down to us two vs the T29 I told the T29 to hurry up or I would TK the 100M and drive off a cliff.

Players started giving me shit because I wasn't driving out to get one shot by the T29. I told the 100M to fire at the T29....no response.

TK and drive off cliff.

Feels good, man.

Finished off the T-34-1 and bought the WZ-132 so not a completely shit night.

19. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

Ah Div that's hilarious :D

As frustrated as I get at people who want to sit back and not take a shot and would prefer me to go out and get 1 shot so they can then also tard out and get killed and we lose the match to the one survivor on their team, I honestly have never even thought about TK and drive off cliff! Lolz

20. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

When you have the opportunity for something like this it's hard not to take it even if I could have theoretically won that match by myself.