World of Tanks (F2P)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by DarknRahl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. twisar

twisar Member

dunno, its R2D2 is pretty huge and lots of players know of it. The gun is great though.

2. Coopz

Coopz Member

Had my first game on SEA in 2 years, trusty old Franz Ferdinand and her Doom gun, I've missed her..
    Wish I could have exported her back to the NA server.:upset:
    [​IMG]

3. Marlborosmoker

Marlborosmoker Member

yeah i've gotten used to the commander's hatch issues on the british TD's. The at2 and AT8's are my only experience so far but hiding the hatch behind walls with just the gun sticking out really helps. My only problem with it and I am fine with it is when you get isolated you may as well hit esc because you will get the circle of death. Apparently it will get easier for me with the way I play as the next tier has an offset gun so it's easier to hide the r2d2 and the at15 and tortoise has like a 45 degree gun traverse so I can shoot around corners without exposing r2d2. Weird to be honest for all their flaws, my best stats are on the british TD's.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  4. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

The AT7 is OP (haven't actually played it). It's got ridiculous HP and yeah the offset gun means you can poke around corners like a mofo.

The tortoise i can't imagine would be that great in a brawl. the DPM is insane on it but whenever i see them, if i'm too far away to snipe the tumour i just load gold and aim for a nice flat surface. poor tortoises don't stand a chance.

5. twisar

twisar Member

Most of the AT/Tortoise line are fun to play, if you play them to their strengths. It can be annoying if a good player knows their weakness and can play to it, which is less common at lower levels. And being circled to death is always an issue for TDs. my tortoise matches seemed either awesome or terrible, the lower AT line they usually did reasonably well. Altho that WAS before they nerfed TDs, camo and cover.

6. sabrejak

sabrejak Member

I would say the AT7 is more trollish than OP when you factor in its slow, has 1250 odd HP and 2.4k DPM with top gun. some easy weak spots to hit and at t7 will get it's fair (or unfair) share of t8 battles and the masses of tomatoes that will just load gold to pen your front armor and oh did i say it was SLOW.

If you are top tier well very very trollish as some tanks will have a hard time from the front even with gold ammo, unless of cause they are hitting the weak spots. The AVG player in this tank is a easy kill as they never hide weak spot's or wiggle, now good players on the other hand are a pain in the ass lol

7. GDavid

GDavid Member

Weekends on SEA

French mission so crew training in the seal clubbing mastery magnet didn't go too well (50xp bonuses tallied well though ;) ):

[​IMG]

Somehow I managed to get a shot into Commie's tank at some point over the weekend and stay the fuck away from him (the evil basterd) ;) :thumbup:

How Saturday started, first battle pictured under stats:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunday I finally aced the JT88 moneymaker , they just kept coming for a while... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  8. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

nice game. I find it's not easy to do those amazing runs in the JT88 just because it's turretless and slow, and a lot of tanks you face can just pen the upper front with gold rounds.

9. mtma

mtma Member

Had a really decent run today for the most part.

I turned server reticle back on yesterday due to getting some very weird lag in the past couple of days (though trace is all green) and as it works out... I'm doing alright in my Type 61 now! although still not really a keeper tank. It does damage like wow but just not really that fun to play.

Though highlight today was actually playing in the Tier X tanks. I usually don't bother taking Tier X's out (on the account that I have tanks to grind, so why would I?) but I decided that, having tier X's with sub 50% win rates was kind of sad (actually only one in particular, the T-62a that was under 50 battles because well... why not Obj 140?) so I would get it some wins to put it into the positives.

Suffice to say it was awesome, had a number of battles over 4,000 damage and one up to 5,500.

I still think the 140 is kind of nicer but certainly the 62a still has plenty going for it.

10. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

And this is why you wiggle every 2nd shot! ;) I've managed quite a few 5k+ dmg rounds in the jt88. When it's 4k+ dmg for me... usually ends up being me and trying to ram the fk out of people as i've run out of rounds though... LOL

11. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

I've done quite a lot of >100K matches in it myself, it's just not incredibly versatile. For every good game i've had a dozen bad ones where the friendly team yolos and dies before i've even gotten into position. a lot of other games you're simply too slow to be where you need to be to have a significant impact, but that is the trade-off to being an armored DPM machine. I've only really noticed this after playing mediums a whole lot more. The shots and map control at the very start of the game usually make a huge difference.

12. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Yer agreed. I suck at mediums though, so i probably don't really do that much, but understand what you mean.

13. GDavid

GDavid Member

True, JT88 gets a decent win so infrequently and valiant losses seem to be more often the case. It's pretty easily smashed by good sniping and is so position and team dependent I try to maintain my "it makes money and trains crew" frame of mind in lemming team matches. I have been getting back into the HTs more lately and the 50B/50 100 are pet faves atm.

Funny that mtma, server reticle... I took out some tens while soloing too with pretty fair results.

14. Coopz

Coopz Member

Started using XVM again, have to laugh when a map loads and it says you have a 27% chance of winning before the clock even starts ticking, then proceed to watch 90% of your team get annihilated in the first 2 minutes:sick:
    Our top tier 9 had a win rate of 39%...

Wish MM would factor in player ability, not what tank they are driving.

15. GDavid

GDavid Member

I switched off ctw long ago Coopz. See it at end of battle but the colours often say much about "Chance to win" but I get more LOLz at the 12k unicum with 9k battles in his Loltractor or T18...

There is another rumour on FTW about skill based MM today or yesterday me thinks...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  16. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

yeah, just look at the colours, tanks, and map and you'll have a fair idea how hard the carry will be. the calculated % is so stupid.

17. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Servers down across all - client, webpage, etc?

18. SLIMaxPower

SLIMaxPower Member

Server maintenance 16th. oh that's today :p

19. GDavid

GDavid Member

Their patches are more like viruses :rolleyes:

Servers had secondary issues after "maintenance downtime". :confused:
    They also broke the Clamwars map last night giving us less than 3 minutes to field a team. :(

9.3 expected around 8-10 days. Wonder what "this update" will break? :tired:

20. SLIMaxPower

SLIMaxPower Member

It isn't just the update, its the actual update being hosted on the same connectivity causing massive pings and timeouts during gameplay.

How hard is it to host the update separately.