World of Tanks (F2P)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by DarknRahl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

LOL t00n was a painful knobhead I have to learn how to TK "by accident".

2. GDavid

GDavid Member

ROFLMAO
    Suggest positioning targets between self and enemy for mazimum deniability, followed by apology for any accidents... :Paranoid:

3. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

yep, auto aim on enemy, position friendly between tanks. alternatively, mouse over the terrain behind the friendly tank (such that the reticle is over the friendly but the cursor is not). should be able to get 2 shots in without smurfing.

4. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Gonna try it....accidentally got one with my ISU-152 and no Ban......impressive.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  5. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Damn - HD-Pack - breathes some new life into the game!

6. chizniz

chizniz Member

7. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

yep, same for me last night. good to see the x3 weekends still bring out all the numpties.

8. Coopz

Coopz Member

I'm not sure where to go with WoT, have enough $ and XP to research the tier 9 Jagdtiger (and I hate playing with stock tanks) but I'm only on a standard account and some of my tier 7 and 8's lose money even with a win and minimal repairs. I usually just stick with my tier 5's and 6's as they seem to have the most fun and less punishment for poor games.
    The T150 any good? Seem to have OK armour and a decent gun but most people seem to go for the tard friendly KV1S (or whatever they called it now)

9. chizniz

chizniz Member

I really like my T150, if you angle properly it bounces almost everything and everyone seemed to underestimate it for some reason. Also the top gun for it is pretty rock solid.

10. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

The T-150 would be better than the KV-85 (the old 1s). the 122 on the 85 is a lot worse than the old 1s and the armour seems worse as well. the T-150 isn't bad, the KV-3 is one of the best tier VII tanks, the KV-4 is amazing at tier VIII but woeful in tier X battles. the ST-I is an absolute beast. The IS-4 is a pretty nice tank IMO but not everyone likes it. all in all it's a fairly nice line of tanks.

the Jagtiger isn't too bad, i've just started grinding it myself. some games are great but others you're just a big, slow sack of XP for the enemy (most tier IX or X tanks' gold rounds and some tier X silver rounds will pen the upper front). I didn't play the ferdi but i imagine it'd be quite similar play-style to that. I would happily trade all the armour for the manoeuvrability of the JP-II though.

EDIT: forgot to mention, the JT isn't that bad at stock. the top gun is very nice but the stock is more than capable at tier X.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  11. GDavid

GDavid Member

Can make the difference between winning and losing though...
    I've been on the receiving end of that a couple of times because they couldn't see my damage total with or without kills...

@ Coopz;
    KV-2 with a good crew and rations is a consistent smasher, there is even a youtube of a guy on the EU server owning in a tier x match with biatches crying about him at the start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Coopz

Coopz Member

I love my kv2 had around 400 games in it, even back in the day when you had to fight tier 10 tanks with it, still fun. That's why I'm leaning towards the T150 as I have most of the modules researched :thumbup:

13. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

kv-2 is the best tank, 813 battles and 60% WR here. still haven't managed a bombardier in mine though :(

14. GDavid

GDavid Member

:o
    Stronk tenk well liked in stronk SA community LOL
    Mine is spetsnatz pictured version Comrade Commie_Mike

[​IMG]

15. Coopz

Coopz Member

Ah man if only that existed..

Stupid game tonight in my lil' T50 as the sole survivor on my idiot team I managed to euthanise the enemy arty and found the last enemy tank near the cap, had to be a fricken AT2.. Out moved him and started shooting him in the back, 60 rounds later and no ammo left the timer ran out, not a single pen including its turret... Bit of a joke, all I got was a sharp shooter award and he got the steel wall archivement..

16. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

did you shoot the tumour? i managed to get a steel wall off an AT2 in the type 58, reversed angled and was just sniping the tumour, nothing he could do but spam shots and pray for a high roll on the pen. he penned me twice in like 20 shots lol. you would have fed him a nice amount of xp from that as well as bouncing shots now gets you xp.

17. Coopz

Coopz Member

90% of my shots were at his 'tumour', even the HE shells could only knock his tracks off.

Funny how this game goes, 10 games yesterday, won 9 of them, 10 games today, lost them all, rubbish teams.

18. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

got the type 62 last night. it's a very nice tank but totally not worth the effort. :lol:

19. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Ohhhh the rage I feel some days playing this lately.....almost did a game quit and uninstall......now I have discovered the "reasonable" players, that is those that don't do suicide rushes and all die within the first 3mins, are on at 12-2am......such a sucky time but get meaningful games.

20. Coopz

Coopz Member

Talk about a ridiculous turn around by my idiot team this morning. The enemy did a lemming rush across the open and were promptly massacred by our TDs within 2 minutes the score was 10-0, my phone rang so I parked my t50 behind a house and ran off to grab it, came back a minute later and found my team had self-destructed, 12-14, fucking Muppets had rushed the cap and had been annihilated by the surviving enemy heavies. Ended up losing the game as I couldn't pen the tier 7's:tongue: