World of Tanks (F2P)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by DarknRahl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

200 down to 35ms for me, big improvement though i don't really play it anymore.
    Pity they didn't bring it in earlier.

2. downforce

downforce Member

3. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

ANZ server meta is much more to my liking than the camp on contact in the Singapore server. Have to totally change my game style for each - gives me the shits.

4. mtma

mtma Member

Finding the golden hour to be 11pm eastern, after that the player skill pool degenerates quickly on most nights. Easy pickings if you get into an OP tank though.

5. connico

connico Member

When do we get 1.0?

6. downforce

downforce Member

Should be the Wed morning (28th), they usually update 03:00-10:00 WST.

7. connico

connico Member

Awesome... looks like ill get back into it and see how the new engine goes...

8. downforce

downforce Member

If you load up the launcher now, it'll pre-download the ~5GB update in advance.

9. connico

connico Member

its already preloaded :p Left it on overnight and that's when I realised... woot 1.0 is almost here. then i googled it and found out its been on the NA / RU and EU servers for a couple of days...

10. downforce

downforce Member

11. Franc

Franc Member

So is it worth it playing? from someone who hasnt played in 18 months or so?

12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Hard to say really. Match making is terrible at the moment for most tiers. Italian and Polish tank lines are kinda fun, some new maps that IMO aren't complete rubbish. Still has all the same issues as it did 18months ago but with a shiny new packaging and fucked MM.

13. Great_Guru

Great_Guru Member

I'm still on NA and with a player base of approximately 7K during the times I play the MM is still broken. WarGaming have rolled out the first of the path to recovering the screwed up match making but really the big changes aren't coming for 6-12 months? they've just tweaked premiums at this point to make it so those that have them aren't so bad off and still play / sink more gold into it.

14. mtma

mtma Member

I think free playing at higher tiers has gradually become more difficult. I'm not sure what exact tweaks to the economy they have done, but they have generally made armour a bit more meta and kits now have a regeneration cool-down, which on dual rep kit setups costs a bit. Also the meta is DRK on most things now.

But yeah that's pretty much why I have stopped recently after starting around 1.0 time, I don't really like the game at lower tiers but economy grinding at higher tiers sucks ass, so haven't had the drive to finish or start grinds.

I think with premium account you can have some good times grinding up the newer lines. The newer lines are all fairly quirky, and look to have a lot of tanks that are rewarding to master.

Akh-Horus likes this.
  15. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Who still plays? I haven't for god knows how long.

16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I still play it sometimes. It's slightly better atm because they've removed 3/5/7 MM on asia/au servers and weighted it towards a two tier spread. They've also introduced bots in T5 and below to fill out matches, the bots are laughably bad and can be exploited easily. It still suffers from a lot of the same problems as before, ghost rounds seem worse recently. Haven't tried the new map in the latest patch but the previous one has some potential with tweaks. It can turn into a campfest but at other times it's been really dynamic. There seem to be a heap of changes to old maps in the latest patch, himmelsdorf balancing.. lol.

It's certainly not as fun anymore and looked to be dying off with player pop continually dropping. It's spiked recently due to a few new premium tank events, christmas events and lootboxes but I think it will drop off again early next year.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Akh-Horus likes this.
  17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I play occasionally but the amount of premium ammo spam is crazy.

I know some people like to lead with 1-2 premium shots, but i'm seeing a lot of tanks shooting all their shots as premium, 10-20ish.

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

It hasn't really changed since the defender was introduced, it's not any better or worse than it ever was.

19. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I'm finding it worse lately, maybe in the past 2-3 months.

Not used to having certain games with 95% premium. This is tier 8 as well. Premium is much more understandable in tier 10.

20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

No, t10 is more balanced. T8 is the worst bracket for premium spam even after a lot of the low pen tanks got buffed to over 200. When a weakspot is 220 or 250mm of course people are going to load gold.