1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

World of Tanks (F2P)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by DarknRahl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Ah ok, well as I said I've noticed a lot more premium spam in my tier 8 then usual.

I think people don't bother in tier 7 especially for me because I normally play my O-Ni.

At least tier 8 matchmaking was mostly fixed.

2. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

T7 and T9 were the best in terms of MM until the recent changes. T8 is better now but still one of the worst in terms of gold spam. If you're playing japanese heavies and complaining about people firing premium at you the majority of the time you have issues unrelated to the game mechanics.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  3. downforce

downforce Member

Yeah, I'm still playing a lot. Funnily enough, I used to play ANZ because the quality of games was better, but last few weeks have seen that turn around with way more "tomatoes" driving VIII Premiums, shooting gold. Makes sidescraping and hull down kinda pointless when gold pens the turrent straight on.

I've actually switched back to playing HK and found getting more consistent game play.

4. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Changes to premium ammo coming next year (maybe). They want to nerf premium alpha by 25-30% while keeping pen values the same.

c0de likes this.
  5. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

There will be a lot of tears............salty n00b tears......

6. downforce

downforce Member

This can't come soon enough if you ask me, with all the extra coins from boxes etc, gold rounds seem to be the default.

I've been playing a lot of VIII-X HT and armour is rendered pointless against "special" ammo, seems counter-intuitive if a VIII TD can pen the front of a Maus just because it's using gold rounds.

7. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I agree changes need to be made but decreasing premium alpha isn't the way to go. It just feeds the already broken pay to win economy WG has setup. Scrubs will just buy more premium ammo to compensate for the lower alpha, especially when so many "weakspots" are a 50/50 pen with stock ammo at point blank due to pen RNG and armour creep.

If they removed or reduced pen RNG on stock ammo and kept or increased it on premium that might work better. They need to make stock ammo more reliable when actually bothering to aim, even if they make premium pen values worse so there is more overlap.

If a low pen roll on premium was no better than stock ammo then I think it would encourage people to aim with stock ammo and reduce gold spam against those 50/50 pen chances.

You can't expect a Maus to be able to drive straight into a wall of T8 TD's with no threat to itself, that would be stupid and unrealistic.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  8. |BeFoRe|

|BeFoRe| Member

Started playing again after a few years away from the game, the new Aus servers are they always dead ? yesterday i was on for prob just over 4hrs and spent more time in que then actually getting into and playing a game, didn't seem to matter what tier i tried more often then not after 4mins in que it would just send me back to garage and i'd try again and again.

Did try playing on the HK server and although lag was obvious it's gonna take a looooong road to re-learn the game and the mechanics so i played a heap of games just being a dirty clicker and found i was loosing more credits then making. The graphics look absoluteltly amazing on HD graphics with the game on Ultra. Stable 144 and the 1080ti x 11gb card didn't go over 60c and cpu temps were low. Shattered they absolutely killed the Elc used to love hooning around and kemping bush/s and getting all that sweet spotting points. Is there other tank that is similiar to how the ELC used to be ?

9. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

AUS server is low pop - and only on the right times do you get a game (efficiently).

HK is good.

Patch 1.6 is coming and no TK shots anymore - the game is going full 'kindy playground - how much bubble wrap do you want'. I played tonight only because 7-8 mates where playing!

Do yourself a favor and look at Warthunder for something more superior. If you find it interesting PM me and I will find a 'friend code' for some benefits.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  10. mtma

mtma Member

The Australian servers are ok during evening prime time if you're trying to play similar tiers to the others. Typically 7 through 10 I find that there's a reasonable amount of people there. I think WG's login thing has some sort of script that tries to keep it filled to at least 10% of the main population injecting overseas players into it that have similar ping to HK servers.

Admittedly I have been going over to the HK server recently for shorter matching times and tougher competition as I just play short bursts these days. There are a handful of good players that do play AU but I find that with the low ping reaction time combined with a lot of the others being not as experienced in the game makes too many of the matches on AU a bit too easy.

As for ELC AMX: vroom vroom has been replaced by the french wheeled lights, and ultimate bush sniping the Swedish TD line.

The upper tier F2P economy is wrecked - you will not proceed particularly fast above tier 7 without a premium account. You will have to play a motherload of tier 8 premium tank games to grind the credits without premium account if you choose to go that way - and whilst you do that you aren't progressing your grind line exp.

GoneFishin22 likes this.
  11. |BeFoRe|

|BeFoRe| Member

ended up getting the ELC Even 90, that is an spotting monster and has ridiculous camo values. The 3 chamber barrel is frustrating and when in high tier matches lot's of bouncing shells of enemy tanks. And got the tier 8 T92 light tank not as good camo or spotting but has a quick reloading gun and can just vroom vroom the field lighting everything up and then get dirty end match and get abit of damage done. Kinda dissapointed prior to rage quitting i sold all my norm tanks leaving only prem's and crews so lost the deathstar as that seems to be an exclusive prem x tank now :( still got my 907 and m60 tier x prems so the high tier matches can still make credits and have a little fun even though i am rusty as f and have 0 idea what to do on majority of the maps.

12. mtma

mtma Member

The 215 boomstick still has its moments, though the peek-a-boom barn eclipses it. Unfortunately I have the 215b which gets smashed by both HE and HEAT these days (they removed the track absorption of HEAT, not that it matters with un-shielded turret) and has none of the good points of the power creeped tanks forwarded to it.

13. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Just a heads up for those that have bad pings to hk Melbourne peps, use a vpn connect to Sydney will get you back to 130ms to hk server.

14. GDavid

GDavid Member

Just wishing I'd heard of the server transfers when they were on.
    Have a decent account with 13 tier tens but refuse to play any more on the Asia server. Regret transferring from N.A. all that time ago. :thumbdn:

15. Franc

Franc Member

They still dont support server transfers>?

16. GDavid

GDavid Member

Nope.
    They offered a window of about ten to fourteen days last year. Sadly for me, the account email address is one I rarely look at due to spam levels. Took the time to contact support and the response was entirely uncompromising. :thumbdn:

WG are just a pack of greedy c...s with zero respect for their customer community. :sick: & :tired:

c0de likes this.
  17. c0de

c0de Member

Sounds like you were offered their typical Russian Refund... ;)

GDavid likes this.
  18. c0de

c0de Member

I have these new questions coming up on the garage screen for the new WOT anniversary promotion. Does anyone know how to type in an answer??????

Clicking on the question doesn't do anything....

Pls help...

19. GDavid

GDavid Member

Have not played in 12 months or more, sorry mate.

Game centre means I will not re-install

20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

From what I can tell it's not actually a quiz. You have to have enough people completing the daily missions to unlock the answer which then gives a code for 1day prem or similar.