WOW World of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth!

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Madengineer, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

[​IMG]

'Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion's crusade—but even as the world's wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove the hardest to mend. In Battle for Azeroth, the fall of the Burning Legion sets off a series of disastrous incidents that reignites the conflict at the heart of the Warcraft saga. As a new age of warfare begins, Azeroth's heroes must set out on a journey to recruit new allies, race to claim the world's mightiest resources, and fight on several fronts to determine whether the Horde or Alliance will lead Azeroth into its uncertain future.'

We finally get back into the true meaning of Alliance vs Horde.

6 new 'Allied races'
    4 carried over from Legion
    2 to be unlocked in completing the BfA War Campaign.

https://www.wowhead.com/allied-races

Current leveling guide: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/battle-for-azeroth-level-110-120-leveling-guide

PS, can edit in anything people deem worthy.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. afcca

afcca Member

Just passed the 40hr online mark. Currently fishing, dunno when I'll go to bed as I'm actually not tired.... My doctor doesn't think I have a bad case of insomnia, im just a shit sleeper. Lol

3. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

8 Allied Races:
    Nightborne, Highmountain, Void Elf & Lightforged available with BfA Pre-Order
    Mag'har & Dark Iron available with completion of War Campaign (or somewhere around there)
    Zandalari & Kul-Tirans available at an unspecified later time.

113 last night - been averaging 1.5 levels each session of roughly 4 hours. At this rate, I'll comfortably be 120 by the end of the weekend. No idea how people did all 10 levels in under 5 hours.

I "wasted" so much time last night (it was a gorgeous waste though) doing the quests in the Krawl area of Stormsong last night. So many tunnels and caves weaving over and under of each other it is incredibly difficult to navigate and track quest objectives.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  4. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Did the full Tiragarde Sound zone on my human warrior before jumping over Zuldazar on my orc warrior. Love the feeling of this expansion, back to exploration and fun... Not doom, gloom and end of the world/universe that was Legion.

Currently only at 115 on my human, in no rush to hit 120.

5. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Currently working towards 112 on my horde Ele Shaman on Jubei'Thos. Having much more fun so far than I did with Legion, only lasted 2 lvls with that.I have time atm to play as I'm still injured from a car crash. It will be interesting to see if I am still wanting to play after I am back at work full time.

6. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

The new auto-level adjust mechanic of mobs/quests works well for the new content, it allows you to explore it all before moving on - instead of outgrowing it quickly and having to move on. They should have done it sooner.

Also why have XP leveling at all anymore past 100? No extra skills or talents are ever unlocked, any progression could just be limited through gear progression and passives/skills via the new artifact gear mechanics. Use achievements for content gates. It would stop them chasing their tails with numbers getting out of control.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  7. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I mentioned this in the Legion thread, Blizzard really need to do something about it before we're having to grind to 150 to get to end-game. It's daunting to new players, and depressing for current players.

8. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Is there somewhere you can pick this up cheaper than the blizzard store that works well?

9. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

10. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Hit 120 after about 10 hours on Tuesday. Been fluffing around since then trying to make gold, leveling professions and running the odd dungeon. Did my first Mythic tonight and didn’t find it too bad. Content seems well tuned.

Almost 330ilvl

11. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Getting stuck into it, and I'm loving it so much! There are quite a few 'hunter gather' quests, but for the most part, quite enjoyable.

12. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

Almost made 115 last night, but sleep took precedence because of work.

My biggest gripe about the new expansion (and technically it is a gripe about Legion) is the legacy of the artifact weapons. For any class that either dual wields or requires a sword & board, replacing them is a lot harder than it should be as you need to find 2 replacement items instead of 1. I've had no end of upgraded 2h weapons, but can't seem to find both a weapon and shield that are upgrades. I managed to get an epic upgraded shield, but it's still in my bags as I've not found a weapon upgrade yet. Thankfully quest rewards at 115 look like they'll be an ilvl upgrade in just about every case.

13. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

so I just finished Vol'Dun. Pretty cool area. Good amount of lore.

It got me to roughly 112.5. Honestly not as much as I expected. And it was a bit of a grind. Was quite hard to kill some of the mobs. Damage wise, they barely touched me, but my attacks took ages on them (previously they'd practically melt anything in Legion).

14. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Is there anyone willing to help me out creating a solo guild for my Alliance toons on Caelestraz? I'd also like some help inviting some alts to my solo guild on Horde Barthilas. PM me!

15. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So I've recently gone back into looking at lore surrounding the old gods, and I want to put something to you...

We'll end up going back to Pandaria to awaken Lei Shen, as the Zandalari have the knowledge to do so. Will we see a rise of the Mogul empire again?

16. afcca

afcca Member

For a second time you mean? That's literally Throne of Thunder's entire patch story. If you do the rep, his power has been removed so even if he came back, he's just a boring arse mogu with no titanic power.

17. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

I've got an unguilded alliance toon on Cael that can lend a hand.

18. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Really getting into the Lore thats built the game so far. Currently listening and reading the Chronicles, and it's so interesting!@

19. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Cool. I've sent a b.net friend request. I'll get the guild signatures before I hit you up for help inviting all my alts.

Also, has anyone else getting a lot of lag tonight? My ping is still 14ms, but it feels like I'm playing with 1000.

20. afcca

afcca Member

Has been fairly common occurrence on and off depending on the zone and the time of day we've noticed. It's still playable sometimes but others the lag just gets to be too much :(