WOW World of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth!

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Madengineer, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Give a 110-111 twink a go, much more fun to farm Islands on. Having 2 380+ and 3 other 370+ characters I still farm islands on my 111 prot paladin it's that much more fun.

2. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

I was thinking of setting up my 110 fury warrior with some mad runspeed gear to farm transmog quicker, maybe that would make islands bearable. Maybe go 111 so I can farm Draenor raids.

3. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

111 will be faster to gear with BFA crafted blue proc gear

4. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So I burnt out on this Xpac sooo quickly. I still don't have a max leveled toon... :(

5. Coma White

Coma White Member

184 days from launch to the day you made that post, how on earth could you not cap 1 character in that time?

6. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

End games garbage anyway. "Take the player not the class" doesn't work that well when they have completely unbalanced classes for higher end mythic +. My 400+ ilvl SV hunter that shits on everyone is one of the least represented specs in mythic + and is harder/almost impossible to find a group than my lower geared rogue for the same content.

7. KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

4 lvl 120s now. Seems the best part of this expansion is the 110-120 grind. Although I'm enjoying playing disc priest. Even done a few low m+ keys

8. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

Island Expeditions are the result of devs doing a round table trying to figure out how they could make an entire piece of content with nothing but trash mobs. I joined a new guild in November-ish. Best thing I ever did. Best people, have both AOTC's, full geared from uldir heroic/mythic and the same from BOD. My PC died recently and they have been bending over backwards trying to get me back online. It's not so much the game that makes it fun, it's the people you find along the way.

9. kbekus

kbekus Member

+1 I find. My guild seems to be a nice bunch of people but I just don't have any real connection with them. Finding the game a bit of a chore. It's strange too, Island Expeditions along with Warfronts are just a mindless trash smash which I find horrifically boring (I struggle to bring up the motivation even to do Darkshore despite the ilvl 400 item reward at the end) where M+ beyond about a 5 or 6 becomes such a precision execution where you need to know the abilities of every damn mob in the dungeon. I really cbf at this point. The new profession quests in 8.1.5 look interesting but they're a 1 off thing, and no quests for gathering, cooking or fishing? That makes me a bit sad. I even went back to do the Legion artifact fishing pole quest because it looked interesting. I don't have rose tinted glasses about Vanilla, I realise it was a total grind and unless you were raiding 40 person dungeons there was almost no other option for progression.. but the xpacs that have come since then really expanded what's available in WoW. I feel like BFA has pared things back to 2 main activities... M+ and/or raid.

I just do the occasional M+ around the 3,4 or 5 level because I actually find them fun without feeling like I've been fed through a wringer. I think it's cool that people run 14s or higher but there's absolutely no way I could make timer on one of those bad boys.

10. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

Also, finally exalted with all bfa factions....on my alt. It used to be my main, but my guild wanted my warlock over my druid when I joined.

11. boneburner

boneburner Member

12. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Did they break the twitch app with this new update or is it just my install... seems complete garbage atm basically unusable.

13. boneburner

boneburner Member

yes twitch has been having issues all day - my other issue fixed about 20 mins ago - so hope yrs is a quick fix too

14. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Hmm still bad, might try reinstall and see how it goes

Edit: still trash after reinstall, sucks for keeping addons up to date till they actually fix this.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:59 PM
  15. iinsom

iinsom Member

Yep, the twitch app update is dogshit and a half..

16. Kung_F00L

Kung_F00L Member

Next to the xbox app for PC, Twitch is a close second for "shit app" award.
    I reinstalled and it seemed to find my game files ok after that. But there was a couple of days where my mods couldn't be updated.

17. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Free weekend coming up March 21 through March 24 for people that want to log in and experience the disappointment first hand.