WOW World of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth!

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Madengineer, Aug 15, 2018.

1. brainbug

brainbug Member

There was some pretty interesting stuff in the supposed leaks that were posted in a few places, Vulpera, Gilgoblins and Mechagnomes among other things. Take it all with a grain of salt I suppose.

2. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

I want the dragon xpac people were talking about

3. Kaji

Kaji Member

Well, 9.0 could be still be dragons dragons dragons.

We've got Wrathion + Ebonhorn being sneaky, and some Greens + Blues who need a new job - having them lose against the Void (And some leftover Twilights?) gets me all hot.

Big thing for me would be Nozdormu / Bronze. He's destined to go crazy due to fuckery from the Old Gods, so that would be fun to watch during the xpac, especially if he's our new Dadghar. (And the Infinite looks cool anyway)

I think a Void / Dragon xpac would work, so long as it focuses on the Void part much more. Sure, Dragonflights are there because the Titans empowered them to protect Azeroth, but the last time we had an xpac focus on them (Cata), it wasn't super awesome. Void/Shadow would be something new with potential.

(I hope that Alexstrasza / Red flight shows up and gets fucking DESTROYED by Lich King in a further xpac.)

4. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Doesn't matter anyways as BFA is dead in 3 weeks :p

5. Kaji

Kaji Member

Well shit, can't argue with that :p

Mathuisella likes this.
  6. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Didn't the Aspects, ergo all dragons, relinquish their immortality at the conclusion of Deathwing's defeat? Could be why we haven't seen much (if any) of their actions for a long time...

7. Cape_Horn

Cape_Horn Member

Sounds right
    For the azerite trait, didn't we technically have to go back in time/into the emerald dream to get the item as well?

8. Kung_F00L

Kung_F00L Member

Speaking as a healer, operation mechagon is a shit instance.
    Nearly unhealable damage in ~410 gear
    Mobs have too much health, do too much damage, and the rewards aren’t even that great.
    It all feels like its all so frantic, and for what?
    Never again.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  9. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I still don't have a max level toon :(

I seem to have a bad case of altaholic, as I keep doing alts instead... lol

10. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

What class out of interest?

11. Kung_F00L

Kung_F00L Member

Pally.
    I'm very comfortable healing M+ instances.
    It could've been the grps i've been in, but even with flawless execution, i still felt it was a frantic shit storm.
    Trash pulls, even with CCs just hit so damn hard. One of the mobs applies a % armour reduction to tanks.
    I've only done the first 4 bosses, but each one felt like i was playing dance dance revolution and not an MMO.
    Gunker was a particularly shitty fight.

12. callan

callan Member

I've been holding off Mechagon as a DPS - and really feel for healers (I did heal in resto shaman for a long time - but not recently) . I think I'll wait a bit.

Callan

13. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Do you guys think retail wow will die in 13 days when classic is released ?

14. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Honestly too early to tell. Both will establish faithful member bases. Not everyone who wants Classic hate retail.

15. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

No.
    I don't see 8 million people jumping on board with Classic and Retail just dying in the ass. (Classic hey-day numbers, I reckon Retail only has 3-5 million subs now). The two are very different styles of games and neither one suits everyone. I have a work mate who started at the end of WoD (Pre-Legion Event) and he just can't fathom playing Classic as everything takes so long. Mean while I started in December '04 and am looking forward to re-living it all again, just at a slower pace than I did in my 20's.

16. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

8.2 has been quite popular, and there are plenty of numbers playing again right now.
    I think Classic will be draw many for a couple of weeks, but the nostalgia trip will wear off for many and the majority will return to retail - especially for 8.3.

Only the die-hard Classic fans will remain, probably the same who hate/quit BFA originally, so Blizzard will get all the subs again. Ingenious.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  17. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I think the biggest benefit Blizzard has done is by combining the subscriptions. Players like myself who "play the patch" will probably stay subbed for longer because I can now play two different games for the same value.

my classic approach though is very casual, I'm not interested in pushing endgame content (i never have, not even in retail)... I just play to have fun.