WOW World of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth!

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Madengineer, Aug 15, 2018.

1. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Revamping the AH? About damned time...

2. r8response

r8response Member

About fucking time. I really do enjoy going through 8 pages of 1 item listings by the same fuckwit.

This is the sort of change I'd also welcome in Classic. Not that it'd ever happen, purists would have a conniption.

3. Straferight

Straferight Member

Is there an Aussie discord for WoW? I want to get back into pushing m+ keys (casually) and do not want to be pugging it.

4. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

It's almost Blizzcon time and leak season is well and truly upon us. So far, we're loaded up on Diablo 4, Diablo 2 remastered, Overwatch 2 and rampant speculation on what the next expansion will be. Clear leader so far seems to be WoW: Shadowlands.

5. Kaji

Kaji Member

I'm going for WotLK 2 - Bolvar's Back Baby.

Cast your votes quickly!

6. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I think they need to come up with a different name to "Shadowlands". I feel their use of the term "lands" is this context doesn't feel it has the impact it needs. You've got Outland, Twilight Highlands, Ghostlands, Blasted Lands and Firelands. It just sounds underwhelming for how much of a big deal it is. I was disappointed with "Firelands" as it is. Something like "Shadowplanes", perhaps? Or maybe it's the "Shadow" term that's irking me as sounding too basic.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  7. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

8. Coma White

Coma White Member

Kind of a bamboozle there with the Bolvar stuff...

9. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

I was expecting sylvanas to put the crown on, not rip it apart

10. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

level squish!

11. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Pretty lame stuff to have all this lore and build up over the last 10 years to have him and all his scourge wiped solo 1 shot like an old raid..
    So much for There must always by a Lich King..

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  12. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Stat squish was annoying enough, I worked for every one of my 120 levels and now they're cutting a shitload of progression out of my character. I'm out.

13. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

It'll make literally zero difference to your character. Surely Grom isn't so fragile?

14. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

It will make plenty of difference, in usual Blizzard style they'll forget to balance it properly or some shit and it won't work as intended for 6 months after launch.

Additionally, taking away a bunch of levels because others are too fragile or stupid to figure it out literally makes my brain hurt.

15. Kaji

Kaji Member

(100% guessing) Slyvanas breaking into the Shadowlands is gonna proper fuck things up (well, it should). Scourge is gonna go batshit insane, and having a big fuck-off hole into Spooky-Hell isn't good.

As for Bolvar - remember, he's not a super-bitching Lich King God-King. His army is basically in screensaver mode until he figures out how to get rid of them, and he doesn't have the coolest sword of all time. Also, he's actually (trying) to be a good guy - he's not a dickhead power-hungry Shaman from another world, or a fucking Kingslayer megastar Prince with the best vessel aiming for WORLD DOMINATION.

- Glad you make it, Grom.
    - Watch your tone me with, boy. You make be the lvl 60, but I'm still your superior as a lvl 1-120!
    - As if I could forget.

16. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I liked how the trailer was done and what it's suggesting. I was disappointed that the Lich King was shown to be vastly outmatched by Sylvanas, but have since realised that she's the one who has been growing in power. It's evident she's still yet to reach her full potential.

17. Kaji

Kaji Member

Yea, I've read some posts / Blizzcon updates about how she's getting the power boosts etc. I guess we all just forgot that we've still got 8.3 + 8.3.5 to show us what's going on.

(at least, they better)

18. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Blizz seems to be pushing the unstoppable strong female characters hard right now.
    At least Bolvar doesn't look to be dead yet.

19. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019