WOW World of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth!

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Madengineer, Aug 15, 2018.

1. dacow

dacow Member

My experience was the same as yours, I double checked my ping many times because I could have sworn it was a lot more than the 15-17 reported. I ended up logging off around 2am because it was getting a bit ridiculous. Dungeons seemed to have less lag than doing just being out in the world doing quests.

2. Submariner

Submariner Member

3. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

The game content is still pretty dated before level 60'ish, so much better after that with more detail in the environments and story.-

4. Kung_F00L

Kung_F00L Member

Probably just server load. Different to network load.
    It is noticeably better if you have warmode turned on. Think it places you in a different shard/instance.

Also what is the point of a solo guild?
    Not having a dig, just genuinley interested.

5. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Guild bank? Maybe?

6. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Guild bank primarily. Easier to flick mats/gold between alts. I've got all 12 classes at 110 on Alliance, will probably end up getting them to 120 before the end of BFA.

There's also the few guild perks I don't currently have on my un-guilded alts, reduced hearthstone CD, bonus mount speed and the mobile bank allows me access to the guild bank wherever... I don't need to go to the city to unload my mats from my bags.

I also don't play socially, even the characters I have been in a guild for the bonuses I just joined random ones that sent me an invite and turned off guild chat and all notifications. I enjoy playing this game on my own.

7. Kung_F00L

Kung_F00L Member

Fair enough!

Really loving BfA. Amazing experience so far. But a couple of things.

1) Why do we still have that shitty guild finder UI. I thought that was getting overhauled with the "Communities" stuff?

2) There should’ve been a new talent/ability at 120.

Azerite traits just don’t feel rewarding. Nothing is exciting about passives when you could get a new spell at 120.

Finally, and I know this might stir up some controversy...But they should consider making it so that you can't use flying mounts at all in Warmode.

I know….I know. I love my flying mount too. But I feel warmode would benefit without it. Not looking forward to the day when several of the other faction “fly-in” to my currently “normal” warmode experience. Not to mention the strategic use of terrain and having to have eyes in the top of my head come flying mount time.

8. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

I guess I'm lucky, as two of the top azerite traits for Arms involve some gameplay modification. Seismic wave gives our overpower a very thin line of aoe damage, so positioning to aim it is important for maximising aoe damage. Test of Might gives us a str buff that is bigger the more rage we spent during our CS. So pre-cs rage pooling is more important, and you'll also want to SwS during, and hold bladestorm until after CS when possible.

Agreed on warmode. Personally, I think it desperately needs to be buffed to increase rep gain as well as it's other bonuses. The other ones could use a number increase too... but most definitely, flying mounts do not belong, ever.

9. iinsom

iinsom Member

Is your loot spec correct? If you're a tank (sword and board) and you're getting 2h rewards from quests, then you're in the wrong loot spec.

EDIT:
    Im curious on the thoughts behind no mounts in warmode? They made warmode so you "can still be on a pvp server" instead of seperate PVP and PVE servers. Whats the difference between being on a pvp servers previously (where flying mounts have always been a thing) and now? If it bothers you, you can always just turn off warmode (say you want to just farm for a while without being bothered, just turn it off while you farm)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  10. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

People like PVP, but watching for incoming attacks with flying enabled turns the battlefield from a 2D plain to a 3D one. Most gankings thanks to flying are people dropping in from above and bitch-slapping you before you have time to react, which is made even worse when flying at max level is unlocked after grinding for it... Those that grind flying faster have an advantage over those that are still working towards it.

Honestly I'm just glad Warmode exists cause now my Horde toons can be resurrected. I created them on a PVP server 14 years ago, but with 2.5 year old twins I ain't got time for the headache which is gankings.

11. iinsom

iinsom Member

Is it not the same as having a rogue come up and gank you (or any stealther for that matter) while you're attacking a mob?

They have the advantage of being invisible, which is the same as someone having flying over you not.

12. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Rough Expac launch, lots of realm issues still happening a week after launch, lots of lag problems and realm restarts required today according to https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS.
    Khaz'goroth oceanic realm just froze up for everyone, could move but can't cast or interact, couldn't even quit the game. Chat still works though, hilarious Blizzard bashing ensues.. guess she needs a reboot too.

13. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Someone tripped over the power cables :D

14. Submariner

Submariner Member

Yep, any class of druid can stealth in cat form. Even Hunters have a limited camo stealth which also heals them.

Maybe carrying around invisibility potions, they can give you an edge, if you just want to run away, but they do have their limitations :)

BTW I cannot log in the Jubei Thos, I get to the character select screen and no one is there, just blackness.

15. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yep. Everybody has that problem now.

16. Kung_F00L

Kung_F00L Member

There is no difference and I absolutely love that I can turn it off (although I don't understand the rational behind having to do it in only one of my major cities)
    Just my opinion that warmode would benefit without it. Just seems like a missed/odd design choice. Hard to quantify it, just a feeling.
    I mean...they have that pvp net with the insane range. Why not just exclude flying instead.

17. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I believe the having to go back to the major city is to stop people abusing it (For instance, getting into a fight, losing, then immediately turning it off etc).

18. dacow

dacow Member

Oh cool! Maybe they can reboot our server so we don't have to have the outage tonight :D

19. iinsom

iinsom Member

Agreed with the major city thing. I think it should be any city / sanctuary (so no small towns say in nazmir or voldun, but the great seal for example) where you can turn it off/on.

Ive always loved the pvp aspect, so i keep it on. Even if it means getting ganked by 5 alliance while herbing over there.

20. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Xpac seems alright for now, despite the clear lack of testing or just not giving a fuck from blizzard.

Would be nice if they actually got rid of the titanforge crap tbh.