WOW World of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth!

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Madengineer, Aug 15, 2018.

1. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

It's weird, I recall them explicitly saying weapons wouldn't be able to titanforge, but they can. I've never been a huge fan of titanforge, but I think weapons, azerite gear and trinkets should definitely not titanforge... the rest I can take or leave.

Fortunatey Azerite gear can't... but weapons and (the right) trinkets are rare enough as it is, and getting a titanforge on them is way too impactful.

2. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

I just want gear to be a reflection of the content you clear not how lucky you can get doing a random heroics or wq and getting mythic dungeon or raid level gear. Too many casuals would cry if blizzard took that out, tbh the kind of people that need wq/heroic dungeon gear to titanforge don't need the gear to begin with.

I don't see why they wouldn't let azerite gear titanforge if they let everything else, doesn't make sense tbh. Kinda like rush releasing an expansion without proper testing.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

They didn't rush release? They released when they were meant to. I don't know why people keep complaining that it was rushed (when it wasn't) just because there's been a few issues... Get over it.

4. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

lol k casual

5. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Hating the casual player, nice. I bet you're one of them players that still do ANAL??? when the server is rebooting/shutdown.

I'm sorry people have a life outside of gaming.

6. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

If that's your excuse for being bad then good for you :thumbup:

Arctic_Silver08 likes this.
  7. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

As someone who used to raid in world top 10 and 100 during T10-T11 days, I'm somewhat tempted to get back in... but I know it just won't be the same, I'm an all or nothing kind of player.

8. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Sorry, didn't know I was talking to a pro player getting paid to play games.

9. iinsom

iinsom Member

What guild out of curiousity.

I was in Tsunami for Ulduar, but quit before ICC came out.

10. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

A few, Adept pre frostmourne (Blackrock) but I've been in a few guilds throughout frostmourne/barth/jubei

11. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Most people that get paid to play aren't actually pros, so you're wrong on that one.

12. iinsom

iinsom Member

Yeah im on Barth horde now. Just playing in a mates guild doing 2 nights a week. See how that plays out.

Im over the hardcore raiding days, last time doing anything remotely close to hard was in TOV, got server first Helya and that was enough to near kill me.

Cant do it like i used to, raid till 2am then get up for school at 8..

13. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

The main difference between now and then is I don't have parents killing the mains power because I'm up yelling at pixels during ungodly hours.
    Part of me misses that rush of server firsts and I know it just won't be the same :( ... might jump back in and see how it goes and who's still kicking around.

14. Munki

Munki Member

Thinking about getting back into this just for old time's sake.

I stopped playing when BC came out. I realise there's a shit load of content I'd need to get through, but how solo-able would it be? One of the things I enjoyed when playing WoW was just travelling and exploring the world. If I can still do that solo, I'd be more than happy.

15. Kung_F00L

Kung_F00L Member

Easy to do. Probably a lot easier as they're redone a lot of the older zones quests with cataclysm. Plus the introduction of flying mounts in azeroth...ect ect the list goes on.
    Plus the zones now scale to your level. So a zone that might've been an exclusive L60 zone back in classic can now be done at Levels 30-50 for example.

16. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

If there's no changes coming to buff MM or even make the gameplay enjoyable it looks like I'll be maining my prot pally, just so much more enjoyable to play PVE/PVP with tbh. Played ret through legion as my main alt with prot OS and that was extremely satisfying in both specs, the removal of eye of tyr was a huge hit to AoE dps as prot with the shoulders though, should've kept that ability in to help with aoe threat/mitigation.

Not gonna switch to SV because I didn't roll a hunter to play melee and BM just doesn't have what I feel a hunter should be.

17. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Maybe I can faceroll my way through with my healers.. literally have capped 80-85 Pally/Druid/Priest/Shaman....

18. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

I hear disc priest is pretty good for WPVP this xpac, I haven't played one since cata though.

Submariner likes this.
  19. iinsom

iinsom Member

Disc priest are bonkers, can literally take on 2-3 people without a drama..

Submariner likes this.
  20. BAK

BAK Member

Isn't being paid to play sort of the definition of a professional?
    I can certainly identify with this. I played seriously in WOTLK and guild got US79 Heroic 25 Lich King, but when my guild (The Dark Ministry, on Blackrock) basically imploded as the core team switched faction to join Adept who transferred in, I decided not to apply to Adept and instead quit for Cata. I've been back on and off since then, playing semi-seriously (by those standards) getting top10(20?) OCE Archimonde kill in WoD but really, the significant time investment to maintain my high standards (both in character(s) upkeep and achievement hunting) simply isn't worth the reward for me anymore.