WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

So, with the Classic Demo now playable as Blizzcon 2018 is here. What's people's thoughts on it ?>

I personally am looking forward to the game.

If you plan to play the game when it's released what class/race/spec would you play ? For myself it is going to be a Tauran Warrior going with 1H + Shield Protection spec.

Hope to see many fellow OCAU people in there once it's out :)

2. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

sharding.JPG

A bit of info on the demo and its sharding.

3. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

Very much looking forward to it. I'm hoping my glasses are too rose coloured. I know I'll miss of the quality of life additions we've gotten used to over the last 12 years, but I'm pretty confident I'll handle it - I mean, I had a max level character of every class by the time TBC launched so I'm familiar with the grindy nature.

4. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

i'm looking forward to some actual world PVP :) control of blackrock mountain for ubrs/lbrs/mc group... gadgetzan snipe kills as soon as an enemy lands.... Ungoro crater battles that turn into glorious wars for hours :D Eastern plaguelands and all that jazz :)

So much good stuff awaits us.

hate sharding so much...

5. r8response

r8response Member

Time to level a priest and MC people into the lava... Good times

6. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

I'm wondering how long it will take for the server economies to be ruined. Hopefully quite a long time, assuming you can't transfer characters from live (that meet the criteria of the server obviously), and you can't buy/sell tokens (as they weren't available) and with no Mythic carries to be sold (but obviously raid carries). I want having an epic mount to actually mean something (assuming I get one, but it is a main goal for me).

7. NSanity

NSanity Member

Now.

rap likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

oh yeah, that was fun.

I loved it when reaching lvl 40 and at menithil harbour, i used to levitate in the water and attack the alliance there and they would have no idea to look towards the water, always on land or on the docks :p ( shadowform + night = less visible ) and this was back in the day when most players likely only had a 15 inch screen

9. Kaji

Kaji Member

Do I love Vanilla WoW enough to get a Scarab Lord title and an Atiesh?

I do, but I doubt there's going to be 39 other raiding friends in a stable guild on a big, full server that's going to last that long :(

10. mtw

mtw Member

I’ll most likely be there but I still can’t decide what to roll. I was a rogue and warrior for most of vanilla. Wonder if I should main something else this time...

11. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Mage and warlocks are quite different than rogue/warrior :p

12. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

so is this just WOW with even more disgusting graphics or what?

13. mtw

mtw Member

Yeah it’s like retail but fun.

14. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

yeah, looks like they're putting 1.12 patch onto current retail wow's engine/graphics ect:

Wish they just release 1.12 build as they had it and let us load up the old client.

Hello windows 2000 install :D Nice and fast lol, or windows xp hehe.

15. mtw

mtw Member

Na I think Blizzard are doing it the right way unlike some of their other recent decisions (Diablo Immortal)...

I am leaning towards going Priest or Mage. Haven’t decided faction yet but race will be Human or Undead. Will probably roll a Warrior as well at some point but I think a lot of people will be rolling warriors initially.

16. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

I'm going to be a warrior tank :) So, hit me up as i'll be instance running from level 10 to 60. Especially if you're a priest ^_^

My friends and I will be horde, so say hi if undead, Otherwise you'll be dead :p hehe.

17. mtw

mtw Member

I’ll probably be living in Canada when Classic is released, but if not I’ll hit you up :)

18. ex4n

ex4n Member

What's the deal with the dungeon finder/LFG/LFR being part of wow classic? that's not very classic at all, it is supposed to take 30 minutes to find 4 other people and then another 25 minutes for you to all ride to the dungeon at 60% speed. From some content I saw, this seems to be implemented which I was confused by.

I was on the fence about this, but I don't think I will bother with it, have not been very happy with blizzards blatant money grabbing lately, rebooting everything like JJ Abrams.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  19. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

No dungeon finder. There may be meeting stones though as if i remember right they were in one of the last patches, however, you need 2 people in your party at the meeting stones to use them to summon other party memberz, but There is no lookong for group or dungeon finder thing.

20. ex4n

ex4n Member

type /LFR when you are playing, there is dungeon finder and raid finder, it might not be like the current implementation where you just get instantly teleported there and back, but the fact it even exists is concerning.

edit: i was just looking into it, apparently it's going to be removed before it's released.