WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Good point. Although it will be interesting to see what happens. I think the non og players camp will be split as a lot of them will get a sense of achieveme t from the game rather than instant boring dopamine hit that the current game is. Then you will get the omg such an old game crowd as well.

Og players will do alright, just got to 60 later

2. mtw

mtw Member

I'll be playing, just in no rush to 60...

3. 426

426 Member

2004-->2019....20 years?

So what you're saying is, see you there, cos its only 15 years, and now its good to play again.

4. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Thanks for correcting my bad maths, I should have gone to the wiki wow page for facts and the correct release date.

As a descended from Scrooge McDuck, I'm think $15 a month might be a bit rich for me this time round.

In before you say something about inflation. :)

5. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

So, looks like there's stages of release. to make it inline with the vanilla release. Yet still sticking with patch 1.12 for talents ect:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-content-plan/120346

8d

At BlizzCon 2018, we proposed a plan to give Classic four content phases. These were planned to be centered primarily on raid power progression.

Currently, based on both your feedback and our own deliberations, we’re now planning to increase it to six phases. Our focus is still primarily on player power-progression, but we’re also aiming to capture what it felt like to play in a realm community in original WoW. To do that, we’re planning to mirror the approach taken by original WoW, with patches paired together. We’ll launch Classic with content from original WoW through patch 1.2.x, then the second update will include content that was in original WoW 1.3 and 1.4, the third Classic update will have 1.5 and 1.6 content, and so on.

Our first phase primarily focuses on launching Classic with Onyxia and Molten Core, but we’ve decided to hold off on Dire Maul for a while. Maraudon is still in the first phase, because it was originally released on December 18, 2004, just two weeks after the first player hit level 60, but we recognize that Dire Maul is in a different category. Some of the loot that’s attainable from Dire Maul is so good that it would affect progression through those early raids. We’re also planning to hold off on releasing Kazzak and Azuregos at launch as well, for the same reasons.

The next change we’re targeting addresses two concerns. First, Zul’Gurub and Blackwing Lair unlocking at the same time would differ from how they originally came out, and it makes sense to not have gear and enchants from Zul’Gurub available during early progress into Blackwing Lair. Secondly, the Emerald Dragons should be available earlier than the opening of Ahn’Qiraj, as they give us a way to start preparing nature resist gear for some of the encounters in AQ.

Along the way, we’ve taken a close look at items that provide the biggest power gains, many of which were introduced in 1.10 as part of a sweeping dungeon itemization pass. That patch was when Tier 0.5 gear was introduced, and Relics were added to the drop tables of many bosses. It also adjusted drop rates and drop locations of a lot of gear (to make room for the Relics). We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort. Prior to the Ahn’Qiraj unlock, most of the drop rates and locations will look as they did in the patches prior to 1.10, with exceptions—there are lots of little changes made in earlier patches that don’t have a big effect on player power, and in those cases, we’re planning to use the 1.12 drop rates and locations.

One example of the many items we’re planning for is: Titanic Leggings, which is a world drop that first appeared in 1.10. We can confirm that it will be controlled by the same content unlock that restricts the other 1.10 loot changes.

Here’s what the release order currently looks like:

Phase 1 (Classic Launch)

• Molten Core
    • Onyxia
    • Maraudon
    Phase 2

• Dire Maul
    • Azuregos
    • Kazzak
    Phase 3

• Blackwing Lair
    • Darkmoon Faire
    • Darkmoon deck drops begin
    Phase 4

• Zul’Gurub
    • Green Dragons
    Phase 5

• Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins
    • Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates
    • Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes
    Phase 6

• Naxxramas
    • Scourge Invasion
    We haven’t yet determined exactly when phases 2-6 will occur, and PvP content is notably missing from the list above. That’s because we’re still evaluating our options regarding PvP rewards, as they also changed over time (both in power and in terms of which PvP reward items were available).

While we can’t elaborate on every detail of every step we’re going to take (yet), we’re here reading all of your questions and we’re going to keep the answers coming.

Thank you!

6. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/alterac-valley-in-classic/128908

This is a subject that has been asked about several 597 times 159 recently 175, and we want to clarify some of the details surrounding it. Like many aspects of the game, Alterac Valley was tuned and adjusted in different ways from patch to patch in 2005-2006.

First and foremost, we’re planning to use the 1.12 version of Alterac Valley. For many parts of the game like this, we’re picking an original WoW patch that gives us the most clarity for WoW: Classic, and 1.12 is that patch.

In Alterac Valley, that puts us before the introduction of reinforcements. It puts us before the removal of all of the Commanders and Lieutenants. The only win conditions are the killing of Drek’thar in Frostwolf Keep or Vanndar Stormpike in Dun Baldar.

It gives us several early improvements to the BG that we’re glad to have in place. Early on in AV, there were too many NPCs and they were too hard to kill. By 1.12, many had been removed and NPC health was brought down to a reasonable level. Turning in armor scraps is an encouraged, supportive activity by this point. Many capture points (mostly graveyards) had been moved away from their initial placements to gain better balance across the map. Korak the Bloodrager was removed, and killing opposing players no longer drops items like Dwarf Spines, Orc Teeth, or Human Bone Chips. Gross.

In our content plan update 281, we mentioned that we’re still working out exactly how and when PvP elements of Classic will roll out. We’ll update you on that here very soon.

7. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Gonna be good for the downtime in retail at least, bugger all to do.

8. japes

japes Member

Can't see this being the same. Players have come so far in their ability since the release of Vanilla - MC (and BWL when its released if Vael doesn't have the original timecheck) will be cleared within 48 hours of players hitting 60.

Main positive is going to be players running around in the world because you can't just portal into dungeons and the PVP videos associated with that. I'm past having the time for this unfortunately but I feel like that might be a good thing as the memories of Vanilla, PVP to Rank 12 and clearing everything up to 11/14 Naxx are fond.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  9. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

There's been many updates in Blue, but this is a BIG ONE....

the Beta files have been upped to the distribution server...

It's getting close guys ^_^

10. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

So, its confirmed that the files that were uploaded were being used for the alpha, blizzard employees having their own tests done. So looking good for winter release time

11. mtw

mtw Member

I'm full-blown obsessed at this point. This needs to come out for the sake of my sanity!

EDIT: At least I've settled on playing a warrior. Alternating between it being Orc or Troll, leaning towards Troll...

12. Planks_tv

Planks_tv New Member

13. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Yucky, PVE.

I think most people will be PVP server mate :) Full wow classic experience. What's the point in having factions if there's no PVP.

I would go Orc, undead or Tauren

orc for stun resist
    undead for Will of the forsaken ( great against priests, warlocks and some PVE boss fights )
    Tauren because the 5 % bonus to HP is an absolute must for some boss fights.

troll, Meh :p

I'm going priest ( undead for WOTF + Devouring plague DOT spell ) and hunter ( troll for +5% dmg to beasts )
    Hunter to level fast and be my farming unit
    Priest for shadow, and heal on my way to 60.

14. Planks_tv

Planks_tv New Member

Haha yeah I get it. I've never found being ganked over and over that fun. PVP will for sure be more popular but there will still be some of us on PVE servers :D

15. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

never had an issue with ganking, people have tried and failed.

Shadow form + fear, dot them up and run away all while their health drains as your is filled.

or as a mage, res up, mount, or if cant, blink + speed potion +40% run speed.

good luck when i'm on warlock ;) Succubus pet, eat/drink up and then nuke you down from afar.

hunter, meh, just aspect of cheetah and run away, shoot a few slowing shots as you run and they'll never catch you.

every class can get away if used properly.

16. Planks_tv

Planks_tv New Member

Yeup I get the appeal of pvp servers but its not for me. I like my exploration without being on edge :D

17. mtw

mtw Member

I did decide I'm going to make a female Orc Warrior :)

EDIT: I assume everyone is going to roll on a PvP server? I will be.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  18. r8response

r8response Member

19. miicah

miicah Member

August 13 for name registration.

20. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member