WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Radley

Radley Member

You can run the same kind of race more than once. It's arguably harder now because there's more competition and more knowledge out there.

2. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

Yeah I'm interested.

3. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

What be your name? Ill send out invites once im home from work this evening. We are a pretty cruisy casual fun time guild for the minute. Leader is an ex raider from back in the day so it may get more serious if he has an itch to scratch :p

4. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

LOL just because you see no point in World Firsts, doesn't mean that some in the WoW community dedicate alot of time and effort toward for their own staisfaction, me personally I have a life therefore not enough tme to dedicate to the task.

5. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I wasn't trying to suggest anything else otherwise. I was just stating an opinion on something that's pre-existed but being treated as new, therefore under a false guise that it's never been done.

Overall, healthy competition amongst players and it gets activity going, no doubt about that.

GumbyNoTalent likes this.
  6. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

Scraped along to level 11.5 yesterday. Finished off Elwynn Forest and made the run down to Sentinel Hill picking up what quests I could remember from the hubs. Bag space is definitely my biggest problem so far, compared to starting a new alt on retail with 4 x 32 slot bags, having only 1 6 slotter is really cramping my style.

7. BAK

BAK Member

There is more competition, but I disagree that necessarily makes it 'harder'.

The biggest barrier to raid progress back in Vanilla (in my opinion) was knowledge. There was no youtube, mmo-champion, there were no simulators or warcraftlogs. There was no social media. You needed to craft your own strategy to succeed at a boss, and you needed to have a raid full of competent people that knew how to play their characters - which before the days of premade weakaura packs and class guides and addons, was much more difficult than it is now.

In the current reincarnation, everything is known. Best in slot lists have been crafted, theorycraft has been crunched, rotation and talents and playstyle is optimised. Boss strategies have been around for 15 years now. It's possible to practice a strategy with a team of 60s on retail (albeit with different talents etc).

So really, it's less of a proper "world first", and more about who can turn up with the minimum number of attuned(/geared*) players to kill the boss that has been killed hundreds of thousands of times before over the last 15 years.

CAPT-Irrelevant likes this.
  8. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

Don't remember off the top of my head, I'll find out whenever I get home (tonight or tomorrow :S) I got as far as nafarion in BWL back in the day before I left for england, not sure I've got time for that kind of raiding time requirement these days

9. ex4n

ex4n Member

Made it to level 35 today, no crashing which has been enjoyable. Who else here is on horde side Arugal?

10. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Yepp.. only 27 though... copped 8 hour queue due to an internet dc on wed, and have had to work the last couple of days... will smash a bit out on the weekend :)

11. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Classic "world firsts" are pointless. Only people that care is idiots and/or the people no-lifing or account sharing to hit 60. Meanwhile I'm having fun duo leveling with some dude I met and we stomp horde every chance we get, cleared out STV last night and hitting up arathi right now.

12. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Calling it a night after level 30. Got the first couple steps of the tiger/panther/raptor mastery stuff done in STV at this time so there's less competition for mobs and less allies to deal with as we're there a bit ahead of schedual haha.

13. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

i thought i did, but it turns out i didn't.

14. Kaji

Kaji Member

World first 60 is over, go home

15. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

What was the time played to hit 60?

16. Kaji

Kaji Member

3d7h (previous record was 4d20h) - to be fair though, he was using a non-Classic technique, using AoE spam across layers.

#somechanges

17. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

18. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

My understanding he only started using layers at 58 because he was getting stream sniped. His effort was incredible and he still would have broken the record

19. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Lol ... good ol wow .. race of whoever has least life...

20. ex4n

ex4n Member

Got lvl 40 and got my mount around lunchtime today, that was my goal for the first week completed. Now to cruise to 60 over the next week at a more relaxed pace.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019