WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

What were you farming for gold? I'm 23 and only got 7 gold, I'm worried I'm gonna be farming well beyond 40 for my mount. (using mining and skinning for gold atm, and not learning all skills)

2. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

People are using a strategy of doing nothing but dungeon runs, and saving questing for later, so it could be that?

3. ex4n

ex4n Member

You get heaps more gold 30-40 than 1-30, seems like you have fuck all gold then you suddenly have 50-60g. I was doing dungeons, selling blues I found, selling greens I found, playing AH a bit and sold a bunch of those warrior charms from Arathi. Had about 110g at lvl 40.

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Been playing my dwarf paladin, man I'm squishy :lol: I can really only take on one mob at a time or I die.

I hope I get some more abilities soon as it's boring that my only attacks for now is auto attack and judging. That said I am only lvl 12 :)

Questing is going very slowly so far as there is so many people around and finding the mobs to kill is proving difficult. I'm in Westfall at the moment and it took me over an hour to finish two quests as the drop rate on the boars is very low mixed with the fact that there is so many people around that finding one to kill is hard... I'm hoping as I get higher in level the amount of people around reduces as its starting to really annoy me at the moment :lol:

5. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Eww a pally :p

Nice.

I'm almost level 33 myself. I've been hit with the queue every damn day for at least 8 hours :'(

sitting on about 18 gold now, Skinning is my thing :)

Since i'm a hunter, i have a 30% speed boost with cheetah, so i think i may just skip level 40 mount and just get the level 60 one.

6. Littledragon

Littledragon Member

lvl 12 alli rogue on yojamba - i was weak and returned :'(

Fun though.

7. Kaji

Kaji Member

8. luke o

luke o Member

Yeh got to remember this is based on v1.12 which compared to Vanilla is way less buggy and the characters talents/skills/abilities are all much more balanced and just generally much more powerful than when people originally did this. Also most people will be running vastly better computers that can manage 60+ fps instead of 12 fps and internet connections are vastly better these days to.

Like others have said competing for world firsts in classic, not so impressive.

9. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

"world first" will only be actual now if they find unconventional tactics to complete them, such as with the least amount of players in a raid, least amount of 60s (if any at all), etc.
    Apparently the group also downed Onyxia, but this is not news.

10. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Another big forgotten factor is screen size and resolution. With ultrawide screens you can have your ui and see the battle as well, and like your said running at a good framerate it's no surprise the raid was beaten on the first try

11. Kaji

Kaji Member

LFG 20m World First 4Horse, only Druid tanks/no heals, link 3x Cutting Edge + M17+

12. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

APES have killed Onyxia now as well.

13. r8response

r8response Member

Unfortunately, that's how paladins were back then. You're in for a hard slog.

14. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Pallys were incredibly hard work in Vanilla. When a BC server comes out I might consider it though, really enjoyed playing retadin through most of BC.

15. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Managed to get to 30 over the weekend, only sitting on like 15g atm, so hope that picks up

16. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Just vendor everything. I got my 1st 1g by 15, and got to 18 last night and am hovering between 2-3g. AH seems pointless at the moment.
    I'm doing skin/mine/firstaid, and am just selling everything.

17. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

While a tad more time consuming I'm selling some shit on the AH for 2-3x the vendor price. I'm just vendoring my skinning. Mining is hit and miss but again you can easily get 2-3x the vendor price.

18. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Yeah I have made above vendor price on nearly every BOE green ive tried selling, gave up a fair few early on as the person I was lvelling with was Enchanting. I have wasted 1G on a respec

19. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Turns out dungeons were bugged and doing them in raids of 10 would give far more XP than they should have, hence why so many people got to 60 so fast.

The world firsts for classic really are pointless because the game wasn't tuned correctly, it wasn't even the true vanilla rag/ony experience because it's based off 1.12 which is apparently after most endgame dungeons/raids were nerfed in preperation for TBC.

20. ex4n

ex4n Member

The gold you earn really starts to ramp up towards level 35-40 and beyond, you can make a lot more gold once you hit level 40 and get a mount too. I've made an additional 55g just leveling between 40 and 43 so far.
    If you are low on gold you can grind the rocks in badlands 37-40 for decent exp and should make heaps of gold as they drop nice vendor greys too.

I thought the 10 man SM spamming was kinda dumb but I didn't know it was giving people higher exp than normal, has there been a blue post about this or something? I just did my leveling in a 5 man group, 3 warriors a warlock and a shammy and we were smashing SM lib/arm/cath in about 15-20 mins a run.