WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

2. ex4n

ex4n Member

3. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

It makes me wonder what'll happen to the speed runners who were affected by it. At least from the discovery of it, it'll explain how they achieved 60 and MC/Onyxia inside a week from launch.

4. ex4n

ex4n Member

They would have just done it in 5 man groups instead of 10 man, might have taken a few hours longer but wouldn't have slowed them down by much I think. From what people have said about the 10 man SM groups, we were doing just as well with xp/hr as a 5 man, the 10 man just gets more people the exp and maybe slightly easier.

5. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

It was reported to them during the BETA for this, so not really a great excuse them not knowing beforehand tbh.

EDIT: Don't think it really matters, the people who did this really shafted themselves of the proper vanilla experience.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    CAPT-Irrelevant likes this.
  6. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

So Classic has been live for 1 whole week (bar server restarts and crashes) as of 8am today.
    I wonder what the adoption rate etc stats are like.

7. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Haha oh dear. I mainly rolled paladin so I could go holy. Ideally I'd have liked to be a druid but I didn't want to be stuck as an ugly tree. Kinda beginning to regret that decision now :lol: though I'm only lvl 13 so I guess it's not too late to change. Though getting there was such a slog on my paladin I'm kinda hesitant to do it again :/

8. BAK

BAK Member

I vaguely recall levelling my paladin in vanilla (also a dwarf. Dwarves are best. I approve of your choice!) and it was tough. However, I really enjoyed healing on a paladin once I got to 60, both in battlegrounds and in raids. The utility that you bring to raid in things like Blessing of Freedom/Protection/Sacrifice, Divine Intervention (no repair bill on a wipe!), Devotion/Concentration/Resistance auras, Blessings of Wisdom/Might/Kings, max threat healing with Righteous Fury (to take loose aggro from other less squishy characters) not to mention the decent healing output that once geared you can deliver endlessly (crit = mana return!) without needing to abuse 5 second rule - it's glorious. But levelling to max to do all those things - not so glorious.

If I remember correctly, tree form was a Burning Crusade thing wasn't it? Resto (aka all raid-)Druids in Vanilla didn't have tree form.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  9. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Oh my, really?? I started the game at the end of BC just before wrath so I just assumed that the tree was there from the start if it's not I may have to seriously consider changing classes. That said I will miss my dwarf if I do :(

10. BAK

BAK Member

Another thing to keep in mind is that when you are in a raid with multiple resto druids, crosshealing is basically impossible because rejuvenation/regrowth('s hot component) don't stack. Meanwhile, it's in the raid's best interests to take multiple paladins since they provide multiple buffs/utility, and can be crosshealing healing meter whores, whereas any druid can buff Mark of the Wild and you get diminishing returns adding extra ones since hots don't stack (this is the same with Renew for priests). With that said, I guess you have Rebirth as a druid as well, which I don't think had a "number of times per encounter" limit back in Vanilla. It's worth considering too that I have an obvious paladin bias here, and multiple druids(/priests) get around this issue by using healing assignments...

Anyway, you're the one playing the character, and you only need to level it once. If your goal is to play the endgame stuff in Vanilla, it may be that the end justifies the means for paladin levelling.

EDIT: Found this thread, some of the comments echo concerns about available raid slots for druids. I'd take them with a grain of salt however - ultimately play what you feel you will enjoy the most, because that's the point of a game!
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/viable-healers-for-raids-priest-or-druid/192198/4

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  11. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Just pick a class you enjoy and play it, the endgame content has been completely invalidated by world firsts occurring with players all in greens and with a third of the raid not even level 60.

12. BAK

BAK Member

I completely repudiate "endgame has been invalidated". WoW Classic (in my view) isn't about world first. It's about enjoying the content, enjoying the company of the people you play with, farming your tier sets... not just killing the boss and moving on to something else. There's plenty of stuff to come in vanilla, and just because people beat a boss with an understrength raid doesn't diminish the fact that there will be raids full of people doing stuff for some time to come.

With that said though, my edit matches what soulblade64 says in the first part of his post - play what you enjoy the most. If you're a nice person and a decent player you'll get invited to stuff regardless of your class (within reason, all druid raids weren't really a thing in vanilla) because there's plenty of flexibility in a 40 person raid group.

13. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Maybe I should have said trivialised rather than invalidated. The guys that beat the raid 6 days after launch showed how endgame in classic is not the same as endgame in vanilla. If it can be beat in 1 try with 15 of 40 people not even at level cap and not even a single wipe then you can surely be any class you want and play in a raid.

If your group won't take you because you're the wrong class then they're probably not a group you want to go with.

Ergo, play what you enjoy and don't worry about having to fit into an endgame meta.

BAK likes this.
  14. ex4n

ex4n Member

Only had a few hours to play tonight, made it to 47 after finishing up ZF. Slowing down a lot now that I'm not spamming dungeons non stop.
    Still hoping to get close to or hit 60 by the weekend assuming I have a few hours a night to play this week.

15. iinsom

iinsom Member

Its the exact same end game, except we now have 15 years worth of videos and info to go with.

It isnt nerfed, it just seems easier because we have more information then we did when it first released.

Plus those guys have been playing private servers for the past 10 years. Theyve done it that many times they could do it in their sleep..

16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

It's nerfed in that it is not the original difficulty upon release, it is the nerfed difficulty that was active in 1.12 back in the day.

17. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

i don't mind. I'm playing classic mainly for the original leveling/dungeon experience. I don't know if i have the time /patience for raids :lol:

BAK likes this.
  18. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Man, really struggling to recruit more guildies, it seems Drop Bears have about 3/4 of the horde players in their fucking guild.

19. leighzor

leighzor Member

Bought a 39 epic 2h sword (nightblade or something) for 15g on the AH last night, will hold onto that for a few months before selling for a profit.

Surely it'd fetch, 50 or 100g once people are doing twinks.

Good idea? I'm keeping my eye on twink items to re-sell at a later date.

20. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Anyone on Arugal wanna move to Felstriker? Mathuisella ? :lol:

[​IMG]