WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Radley

Radley Member

I'm only level 25... I can't wait to get to level 60 but at this rate it's going to take ages.

2. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I finally hit 40 on the weekend, and farmed enough gold from mob grinding to get my mount... The straight 8-10 hours I spent just farming mobs has pretty much made me lose interest in playing, so guess I'll take a break for a few days and go back to it.

No idea how Jokerd farmed mobs for 4 days straight for his world first 60 without gouging his eyes out with a spoon

3. leighzor

leighzor Member

I'm the opposite at the moment been 60 a while now and pretty much farmed all BIS gear, so it's painful waiting for the raids to reset.
    Can't wait until we get battle grounds and Blackwing Lair.

4. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

I'm still 14 (I think), have been for about 3 weeks now. Definitely haven't lost interest in the game, it would be the game I play if I played anything - but finding the time to play at all lately has been hard enough.

5. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

16 hrs in level 16 and 1 rfc run.

6. AERO

AERO Member

just hit lvl 53, was away last few days so i had half a level of rested. but geez burn that rested quickly.

7. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Been working on my human warrior. I've never tanked in a dungeon before, so am going to try and do so in VC sometime over the weekend, if not tonight.

8. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Sunder armour everything. ^_^

9. AERO

AERO Member

bout to ding lvl 59 ;)

10. AERO

AERO Member

got to 60 tonight, got myself hurricane, 2 pc beast stalker and 2 piee devilsaur stuff. all helps really. probably spent about 400g on it but worth it, and changed my spec to marks. my dps is up by a ton :) now to dps and do plenty of instances and farm that rep :)
    gona also farm all the keys and other bis gear til my subscription runs out then quit haha ;)

11. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Hurricane is a Bow for "the lols", a BOE you want is either dwarven hand cannon, or as a blue Heartseeking crossbow.

However if you get a chance to do some dungeons.

Stratholme - undead side off of Nerub'enkan - Carapace spine crossbow
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18738/carapace-spine-crossbow

LBRS - shadow hunter Vosh'gajin - Blackcrow.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12651/blackcrow

Your damage of your arcane shot, multishot and aimed shot takes into account your base weapon damage, so as a slower weapon, it hits harder per shot. So as an instant attack which does Base weapon damage + bonus, you want a slow weapon like the ones i posted above.

Blackcrow is about the best because it has +hit, which you need +9% hit when raiding against level 63 elite bosses.

Also from Voon in LBRS, you want to get yourself " Trueaim Gauntlets " which with their +1% hit and +8 skill to all ranged weapons equates to +5.8% hit rating just on that 1 piece of gear.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=13255/trueaim-gauntlets

Are you horde or alliance ?

if horde, in hinterlands there is a quest that gives you an item called " Rune of the guard captain " this is your best trinket to put in with +1% hit along with 20 attack power :)
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19120/rune-of-the-guard-captain

12. AERO

AERO Member

cheers for the heads up, i only got hurricane as the prev one was a 23 dps green and it was only 70g :), the hand cannon goes or alot more. i have only done one strath so far but will be seeking out those other crossbows and stuff, the gauntlets yes i like that idea and the hinterlands trink ive already got.

thanks for the tips :) i will only grow from learning. the speci got from the best pve spec on wowhead. dont mind it compared to the bm spec i had leveling :). i will also have to farm/find the best pet i can. better than the barrens quest lion :)

13. leighzor

leighzor Member

yeah i helped a guildy run first boss of strath undead until crossbow dropped for him, we just ran and reset ended up getting it 2nd time anyways.

probably the best way to do it if you have mates that can help.

14. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Pretty much, yup. :Paranoid:

15. gdshifty

gdshifty Member

Got sucked in over the weekend to play WoW classic. In 2004 i got a Shaman amd Mage to 60 so this time i wanted to play a rogue, healer and Warrior. So of course i rolled a druid

Really enjoying the solo levelling with this character. Up to level 14. Cant wait to get Cat form. Hoping ill enjoy the quest to 60 and avoid the grind feeling i had with my Shaman. My mage was easier as an alt to get to 60 with guildies helping every day.

Most of all i cant wait to get to Warsong Gulch and shapeshift as flag carrier. As a frost mage i was the flag carrier killer. Was great fun but now i want the thrill of being the touchdown hero.

Long way to go however. No guild and only 2 mates play, both are married and one has 2 kids and is FIFO lol. Im also more time poor but still love this game.

16. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

I just got the Leaf drop from Domo last night. Gives you an epic quest chain for these
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18713/rhokdelar-longbow-of-the-ancient-keepers
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18715/lokdelar-stave-of-the-ancient-keepers
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18714/ancient-sinew-wrapped-lamina

Killed all 4 of the demon bosses required, and now just need the sinew of of onyxia to make the bow and staff. The quiver is a BOE Blue dragon sinew drop, from the blue dragons ( 55 elites) in winterspring, that can only be turned in by someone with the bow or is on the quest.

17. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Yep, that certainly worked. My first run was a success. We only wiped once, but even then that was by accident. Somehow the mobs on the bridge to the deck of the ship had their agro triggered, so we got swamped by 5-6 mobs. Otherwise, everything worked out nicely.

18. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Glad to hear it went well.

Sunder armour, stack it 5 times on each mob, :) and nobody is to attack a mob until 2 sunders on skull target :)

If you do that, you will have really nice runs.

19. leighzor

leighzor Member

Grats on hunter quest, i did that back in original vanilla. I remember the demons had like a 8 hour respawn or something crazy, from what I hear now it's only 2 hours & lets not forget layering it..!

Still to this day my proudest WoW moment completing that quest, that and probably downing Nefarian for the first time

20. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

No layering on the aussie PvE server now

leighzor and GumbyNoTalent like this.