WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

LOL people being dicks in a MMO... :shock:

With original WoW people actually became real world friends, I went to 2 weddings over the 10 years I originally played where the couple meet playing WoW, and the original guild lasted the first 2 expansion packs before terminating due to dickish behavior by some. One of the reasons for bailing during Panda's was the lack of co-operation in guilds because of all the LFG pandering, get it ;), my classic experience has been mostly positive.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. iinsom

iinsom Member

Nope.

Wont ban him, he got away with a 10k ninja, and tried to use "corruption" as a coverup.

3. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

So Blizzard are back to talking big but not doing anything about it again. Nothing short for very disappointing.

Left this game before because they did nothing about the bots and ninja's, looks like it going to happen again. My fault thinking they would care about the players/game.

4. r8response

r8response Member

What are they going to ban him for? As far as Blizzards' rules are concerned, he broke none.

5. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I've not seen 1 bot yet. In fact, they may have achieved getting rid of them in Classic. You need an active game subscription to access Classic, but Retail can still be played with a free trial code, which is not available for Classic.

Ergo, by that logic, they've stopped the bots in Classic.

For Ninjas, that's a community culture thing.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  6. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

I've seen mining and fishing bots.

Sort of true about the ban, but what people were doing to other players in that guild was not good as well.

7. iinsom

iinsom Member

He literally stole mats that were traded on the proviso of making a hammer of sulfuras (which was recorded in logs that were verified by GMs)

Just seems like ninja'ing isnt bannable.

8. leighzor

leighzor Member

Ah yeh i saw the video with Hamish doing it in BRD lol.

I heard the meme about the mara dagger but i dont think it was real, just made up by Hamish to sound the corruption was real, the thing is, he was the GM so why not kick em

9. iinsom

iinsom Member

Yeah the boed was something in private messages between rith and hamish. It was never discussed outside of that channel like he's made out. The 2 locks who have it (and put SP on it) were because theyve run mara 150+ times for the gold/selling the ring and its dropped. Theyve both got 2k+ gold so its not a massive sink, and they SP it for the memes.

Heres the funny thing. The account he was GM on, was the guild bank account. That he wasnt even paying for. He asked for access to it initially (i wasnt in the guild when it was formed so cant comment on how they came to that decision) and they said that he should use the account going foward to not get it banned for account sharing. The guild was run by 4 co-gms, which now we've reformed its run by 1 to stop this happening again (hopefully)

10. Jaded5542

Jaded5542 Member

Is it worth using an alt account to instance run a lower level alt?
    IE: I want to power level a mage on a 2nd account so I can PL alts on my main account by doing instance running.

Thoughts? And yes I'm very time poor... at best 2/3 hours max on the week days.

11. leighzor

leighzor Member

I got a mate that does it like that, puts the other account on follow with his 60 priest and just buffs / heals it outside of party so they still get full XP.

12. Jaded5542

Jaded5542 Member

More so instance samming not mob tagging.

13. leighzor

leighzor Member

I'm pretty sure its still decent in instances, the main issue I reckon is you need a mage main to do effective.

Even stockades I ran a few mates through on my warlock by dotting everything up I had to be careful how many I collected.

14. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

You want to multibox, with all characters involved to be around the same level. We're back to the old days of where a large spread in player levels will hinder the lower level players ability to gain adequate or any XP because the higher level is too high.

15. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

...So no one even going to let out a little giggle that a guild called "Medellin" (same name as Pablo Escobar's Cartel) had an issue with corruption?! Okay then :(

Oh another note, havent touched this basically since destiny 2 went free to play, sitting on 52? atm...feelsbad not being 60 but I think I scratched the wow classic itch.

16. AERO

AERO Member

did mc last night, got 3 pieces of giantstalker, did domo today and failed rag at 10% was majority pugs. lacking gear a bit.

17. OP
    OP
    Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

bloody nice man, how many hunters were in the raid ?

I have 3 pieces myself of t1

1 piece t2

Onyxia epic neck piece

my Hunter epic bow+ staff+ quiver

:D

18. leighzor

leighzor Member

Yeah rag is fair easy once you have enough DPS to get him down before submerge, pretty good 10% with a pug

I'm curious if BWL will be seen as hard, I mean it's harder than MC but I reckon most guilds will cake it unlike back in the day guilds used to get quite stuck, even just at the 2nd boss "the guild breaker"

19. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

our first kill on the second BWL boss back in the day, died to my final druid DoT tick, after we were all dead. it was epic.

leighzor likes this.
  20. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Vaelstras (sp)? I remember watching my brothers guild back in the day attempt that over and over before it had any nerfs, looked hard