WOW World of Warcraft Classic.

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Mathuisella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. raGneG

raGneG Member

Why don't Blizzard start managing DKP and loot distribution for every guild too? Oh wait they did and it's one of the reasons the game became trash.

Next Blizzard will start mediating guild disputes like a family court or something. lol

2. iinsom

iinsom Member

Not sure what that has to do with having mats ninja'd, but ok?

This wasnt a guild dispute, it was ninja looting.

3. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

yep that's the guy. wish i still had my screenshot of that moment.

4. raGneG

raGneG Member

'Ninjad' doesn't mean anything. He took mats from a bank he had privilege/permissions over and disbanded a guild he had the same for.

The point is that it's not exploiting etc. You could try to argue it's abuse or harassment but i don't think it'd hold up. If Blizzard start getting involved in every time a piece of loot drops and someone feels ripped off we'd still be playing Vanilla.

It's like blaming a dating service because you had met with a dickhead and felt like you wasted your time. Shrugs.

5. leighzor

leighzor Member

Yep he was the GM with all permissions, account wasn't hacked etc.

Our GM learned blacksmithing purely for this reason :D

6. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

This is where honesty systems need to be used. Not everything can or should be policed. People just need to not be dicks, and anyone who is would just be named and shamed.

7. iinsom

iinsom Member

Except he literally stole mats that were traded too him, from Pronkers (the guy who was going to get the hammer crafted) in brd, that werent on the gbank account..

So yes, that constitues ninja looting.

8. leighzor

leighzor Member

That's why you either have a real life friend craft the hammer or learn blacksmithing yourself

No way I'd trust 10k+ gold of materials with a random dude off the internet, whats the real world dollar of that? a fair bit surely.

9. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

How do you propose Blizzard stop this? They won't understand the context from the get-go.

10. iinsom

iinsom Member

Theres no way Blizzard can stop it. Like someone said earlier in the thread, its the people that are the problem. People are *****, and people always will be.

I was just clarifying to the other guy, who thought it was a case of him just owning the mats on the gbank/gleader account. Which wasnt true.

My biggest gripe with the whole situation, is people in our guild being spat on, declined to groups simply because we have that guild name? Not sure how we came out to be the bad guys when we've had the mats stolen from us, but again. People will be people.

11. AERO

AERO Member

i was one of three hunters in the run, one guy had a couple pieces also, that guy ended up getting the leaf in which meant he could craft the bow (kill demons), the other guy i think got the 1-2 boe's that drop and i got the 3 off the bosses. (in my eyes the boe's are alot easier to get. i was saying to my guildee's that rag will only get easier as we gear out more people. right now alot of peeps may be rockin mostly bis but still some of that isnt quiet good enough. i myself had shit mellee weapons. of which managed to get barb blade from dmn. so only thing thats not bis no wis this shit cloak. one day the strat ud one will drop lol. my rings arent necessarily the bis ones but are still blue good enough til i get quickstrike ring and another. i do however need ot make up 1% hit i lost through getting the set's. (might have to equip just for the mag fight for the hit.

12. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Because in the reddit post with pic's that the guild was only gearing a select few and the others got the big D. Using a whole guild to gear and gold a few while the others get nothing is not nice.

13. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

Sounds like your average loot council guild to me. Gear your mates, screw everyone else.

GumbyNoTalent likes this.
  14. raGneG

raGneG Member

Bla bla bla, drama. Two sides of a story, both probably grey. I'm pointing out it's a slippery slope as if you continue down that line you end up thinking that Blizzard should arbitrate fucking guild disputes in general or pug dungeon looting lol. That's the reason I replied as you said 'just seems like ninajing isn't bannable'.. like there would be any other possibility.

Is it cheating? No. Is it an exploit? No. Is it shitty? Yes. Should blizzard have anything to do with it? No. Should players not join his guild in future? Up to them.

BAK and darkbastard like this.
  15. iinsom

iinsom Member

Funnily enough, the guy who made the pics had access to edit the spreadsheet..

Which were done before the "leaks" were made. It wasnt true, he doctored the screenshots to make it seem heavily weighted towards his side. But of course the reddit cesspool jumped onto his story and we're the bad guys. The fact that we've kept all bar 4-5 of the raiders (3 of which were Hamish's mates) should tell a story on "whos getting the D" for loot.

16. twisar

twisar Member

Not only does Classic let you experience the delights of Vanilla wow, but also the drama of the same period. The 'ninjaing' was not nice, but fair. Although I've paid Eve Online, so my sense of fair may be skewed

GumbyNoTalent likes this.
  17. AERO

AERO Member

joined a half pug half guild mc today (not my guild) only cleared up to gar, now rockin 5 piece iantstalker :) still got pleb green cape haha. felt bad for the one other hunter missed out and it was his 3rd raid

18. Glitchlol

Glitchlol Member

Nice to see OCAU'ers are active on Classic. Played Vanilla/TBC in Redefined, Eminence and Depth on Blackrock.

Decided to roll a Dwarf priest on Arugal this time around (I didn't reroll/transfer back in the day when Oceanic realms became available).

Currently in The Elite - because I recognised the guild name from Blackrock. Good bunch of blokes.

Pretty much got pre-raid healing BIS. Just need to farm gold for my epic mount now.

19. leighzor

leighzor Member

It's funny how we remember guild names from 2005 era.

I also played blackrock and now arugal alliance, saw the elite guild and recognized the name from way back then.

I used to be in Indoor Kids on Blackrock horde

20. BAK

BAK Member

Was formerly of <The Dark Ministry> on Blackrock Alliance, during the majority of WotLK. It was certainly the peak of my WoW "career", and whether due to different guilds/circumstances or content or both, it's never really had that same feeling since. I quit at the end of WoD and haven't been back - despite that, the addiction is alive and well, and Classic has certainly been a temptation that's hard to ignore.