WOW World of Warcraft: Legion

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by NSanity, Aug 7, 2015.

1. NSanity

NSanity Member

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/

[​IMG]

A great burning shadow falls over Azeroth once more—World of Warcraft: Legion has been unveiled!

In this dire new chapter of the World of Warcraft saga, the great enemy of the Horde and the Alliance—the demonic Burning Legion—has returned. As destruction rains across Azeroth, its heroes must seek salvation among the ruins of the mythic Broken Isles, ancient seat of a lost night elf civilization—and site of the accursed Tomb of Sargeras, which now serves as a gateway to endless Legion worlds.

To combat the armies of the Legion, Azeroth’s heroes will need to achieve unprecedented heights of power, securing mighty Artifacts—class-specific, highly customizable weapons forged in the fires of lore. They’ll also join forces with unlikely allies in the form of an all-new hero class, the vengeful Demon Hunter, and unify champions of their cause at their class’s Order Hall. Legion also empowers players to boost one character to level 100, making it so anyone can join the battle against the Legion alongside their friends.

Legion also features a new PvP Honor system, a new level cap of 110, new Dungeons and Raids, and much more. Visit the new Legion website for screenshots, feature details, concept art, the announcement trailer, and more.

Full Gamescom VoD Announcement here

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  2. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Bring it on!

3. AERO

AERO Member

looks awesome, pity ive vowed to never go back to wow for the 4th time haha :)

4. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

Looks pretty awesome! Can't wait! No more Garrisons? That's a win in my book. Will resub for this :-D

5. AERO

AERO Member

i love the look of the new class, finally a step in the right direction, also releasing artifact weapons. hell yes

they had to do something, their subscription numbers have dropped something shocking the last 6 months

6. Coma White

Coma White Member

I stayed up and watched the reveal and a fair bit of the presentation, and to me I get the feeling they may have been working on this expansion before they started on WoD, it sounds like it's going to be quite epic, there's going to be story involving the Emerald Nightmare & Queen Az'Shara. Love the look of the artifact weapons & class halls.

All in all I'm hyped but trying not to get too worked up in case in turns out to be another piece of shit like WoD.

7. iinsom

iinsom Member

Im a bit torn on the Artifact weapons. I get the feeling, that you get the weapon at the start of the xpac, and it slowly grows/upgrades with you during the way to 110. The only issue i can see is that everyone has the same weapons throughout the whole expansion (bar the 3 different skins/colours for each artifact)

However its good that you can talent tree it like oldschool wow. Although there will eventually be cookie cutter builds that you need to use to be at the top tier of raiding/log percentiles, but theres still a bit of customization there available.

8. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

Its like the Ring. And Cloak.

Tada.

9. iinsom

iinsom Member

Better fucking not be. If i have to do another shipyard grind for the leg.....

Im guessing it wont be. You'll get the weapon early on in the xpac, level with it and choose your talent trees as well (id say some unlock while leveling, you unlock some from pvp etc)

10. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

More from the point of view that the Weapon is something you carry and use for the duration of the xpac that is upgraded over time via the Artifact system.

If you think there isn't going to be frustrating as fuck grindy bits peppered with RNG, well you haven't been paying attention.

11. iinsom

iinsom Member

As long as its not as heavy RNG as the shipyard, thats ok. I can deal with doing weekly clears for drops or w/e. But if i have to try and do some facebook click quests for a godamn map. Imma be pissed.

12. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

As someone with 3 rings.

The shipyard is fine. Literally fine. 2 of every boat and just flat out *ignore* the mod's. Don't waste time on anything but grinding them to epic. Send them out as best Master Plan can work out, and just don't worry about it.

Everyone who tried to "game" the shipyard in my guild, just felt gutted that they'd invested thousands of garrison resources into something that sank. No investment, no fucks given when it sinks. And you'll still clear it well before you get your 33 tomes.

If you want to know whats fucked - I watched a guildie strike out 6 bosses on his final tome - and have to wait till the following week. Another guildie got all 33 in 3 weeks for 12/13 clearing.

13. iinsom

iinsom Member

I think its stupid that they gated the leg behind the shipyard. I was prepared, so i had my map well before the tomes, but thats not the point. The point im trying to make is that they gated you into it, so you had to use the shipyard.

It doesnt even feel legendary, whats the point of making it legendary, if everyone gets it..

14. odessa

odessa Member

I have re-subbed recently and while i'm on a server heavily in favour for the other faction (barth), I walk around the AH/Bank at SW in prime time and I see maybe 3 people at a time? It really makes me feel, whats the point. They need to address this. While I like the idea of garrisons this is also hurting the game more than anything.

The xpac doesn't look terribly exciting, IMO lich king was really good and maybe cata was ok, but the others weren't good and this looks much the same. I think the game overall has gone downhill since vanilla.

15. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

How is this different to the PvP bit of the cloak in MoP? Or the rep grinds? not in the slightest.

Just because the shipyard was quite possibly the most hated aspect of the game outside of Ashran, doesn't mean its different. I'm sure some farmville guru still thinks garrisons are cool.

If you're a healer. its actually terrible, and merely a stat stick with another cooldown for the raid (the actual bubble on finish is useless).
    If you're a tank - with the 100% buff to the Vers on use - its godlike, better than any shield wall in the game. But the hp sharing thing is pretty useless outside of "creative use of game mechanics".
    If you're DPS - its mandatory, and just serves to piss off everyone with 3min c/d's vs those with 1 or 2 min c/d's. Also you have to scream at ranged who hit it, then waste the explosion at the end.

It is indeed awful. At least the cloak had itself + a relevant thing for each content patch.

16. iinsom

iinsom Member

I didnt raid in MoP, so never did the leg cloak questline, so i cant comment. But forcing you to do pvp, in order to get a pve leg is retarded (imo) I think i grew hatred towards the shipyard/garrison because i had 5-6 toons at full level, milking the most out of the gold missions before they were nerfed. It was a good hours worth of logins, just to get everyone maxed with gold output. And it sucks that i had to do it all over again with my other alts, just to get the "leg" ring. (Im upto the BRF part with my other 2 alts, simply cause i didnt want to login/do alt runs with them all the time)

Yeah, i agree with these points 100% The DPS it adds (to the dps rings) is ridiculous. We've lowered our best times by over a minute, simply from adding the rings. Its absurd (although it doesnt fix tard for Ghorefiend)

17. sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

Im guessing the Class Order will be simular to Follower missions hopefully they return professions to pre WoD

18. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

The garrison gold nerf was necessary - but it never should have gone live either.

But yeah, you had to win 2 bg's for a cloak stage, as well as take out a PvP world boss.

By the looks of things, they are dumping legendaries entirely for Artifacts. Which sounds cool if it is indeed player selected "perk" power upgrades based on a "doing stuff in game".

I liked the patch notes for Gorefiend that said that they fixed it so people who died in stomach could be ressed. TBH it didn't fix shit. Anyone who dies in the stomach should be kicked from the raid/guild/game.

19. iinsom

iinsom Member

I think thats exactly how it will be. You do stuff in game (like leveling, raid, pvp whatever) and you unlock certain talents in the tree (or you gain points towards unlocks or something) and the ilvl will scale with level, and maybe content you have completed? Or the ilvl will be tied in with the talent system. Would make it easier for them to balance around as well.

Agreed. Not sure how anyone can die inside the stomach.. Its like almost impossible (apart from not being broken out)

EDIT: I do like it that theyre trying to do some pvp balancing as well, and i like the fact that there will be pvp only spells + perks, and you can pick and choose, like pve talents.

All in all, the expansion looks decent. I dont know if ill swap over to a DH, i think ill stick with the mage. Only because ive played him since Vanilla (with the exception of Cata+MoP where i took a break from the game)

20. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

In a way i'm sad. Because 1 weapon - regardless of its "customisability" - for the entire expansion is gonna be lame.

Unless we're talking full blown D3 Talent-style/reach customisation.

I wonder if this *locks* you into your Spec for the xpac? Like you have the Arms weapon of Mortal Striking godliness - and as a result you can't get Furious Fuckery Swords of doom as a result?