WOW World of Warcraft: Legion

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by NSanity, Aug 7, 2015.

1. UNETran

UNETran Member

Hi all, hopefully I'm able to post this here for your interest!

University of New England Study Participation Advertisement​

Greetings, this is an invitation to participate in a study exploring players’ motivations for playing World of Warcraft, and how relationships with the game may be affected by social dynamics inherent in the game. In addition, the study explores whether World of Warcraft use may be considered addictive or problematic for players.

My name is Tran Le and I am a Masters of Psychology (Clinical) student at the University of New England and my supervisor is Natasha Loi.

Your participation is completely voluntary and anonymous. Any information collected will be completely confidential. You can withdraw at any time without any consequence and do not need to provide any explanations. Participation should take approximately 45 minutes of your time which requires filling out an online questionnaire.

Participants must be 18 years of age or over, an Australian citizen, and able to read English. Additionally, participants must be current players of World of Warcraft and must have at least one level 100 character that they have personally levelled from the beginning.

Please feel more than welcome to pass on this invitation to other World of Warcraft players as you please. Participation allows you to enter a random draw to win one of two two-month subscription codes for World of Warcraft.

Please click on the link provided to take you to the online questionnaire:

http://uneprofessions.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cAOhddTbjWwlOCN

This project has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee of the University of New England (Approval No HE16-290, Valid to 01/12/2017).

Regards,
    Tran Le

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

I'd be making sure it is approved by OCAU site admin before anyone else - possibly ask Agg directly. I doubt there is a problem but just to be sure.

3. Agg

Agg Administrator

Sounds fine to me.

4. UNETran

UNETran Member

Thanks Agg and Bold Eagle!

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Hope I wasn't be overtly pedantic.

With that in mind when I find time I will have a go at it but you should be mindful UNETran that 45mins is a significant time for a survey.

6. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

Didnt seem to take up that long, maybe 20 minutes? It may depend on what else your doing at the same time, though :)

7. UNETran

UNETran Member

@Bold Eagle, yes, 45 minutes is a significant amount of time but participation is voluntary, and the survey can be completed across sessions. I'm extremely grateful to anyone who would assist my study so make sure to join up for the random draw to win one of two two-month codes for further WoW time (if you're willing).

Having said that, responses so far have averaged about 10-20 minutes so far so my 45 minute estimate is wrong. But it's better than response times being double that of the estimate!

8. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Tokens can now be exchanged for battle.net balance or game time. Can anyone confirm if Australian's get $16.50 or if we get screwed and only get the $15 that the Americans get?

9. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Aaaaand wow tokens are up 30k. No more wow for me.

10. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

It should hopefully go back down in the coming weeks, obviously people are just converting all their gold to currency as it's better value.

11. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Doubt it. I'd imagine there'll be a shortage for the short to medium term.

12. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Prices peaked at 115k and are now already back below 90. Could be a lull in the sales, could be those that want the battle.net currency have converted their gold to cash and the market is balancing out again... Only time will tell.

13. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally did a +15 in time.

With 3 minutes to spare. Bless you CoS, even on Tyrannical.

14. Ck21

Ck21 Member

you get $17 AU

and you can then buy 30days from the store for $16.50 allowing you to pocket 50cents for each token you purchase lol.

:thumbup:

15. SuperBeast

SuperBeast Member

Hey all, just cross-posting our guild's recruitment thread from the official forums. We're a semi-hardcore heroic only guild with a pretty small, tight-knit group. Most of us have done the hardcore stuff before, but now are just happy to clear heroic content efficiently while still having a pretty chilled out atmosphere.

We're after a couple of good ranged DPS players but will consider anyone who's keen if they've got the right attitude :)

Feel free to message me here or hit up the officers linked below in game :)

------------------------------
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752589233

EDIT: 10/10H now :) Still looking for good players.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  16. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

25% off most game services on now, if you were wanting to change servers, race change, name change, appearance change or faction change, these services are all on sale now!

17. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Got a name change done between my characters, have been holding on to a name that got free'd up years back, just got around to sorting it out.

Did the live support so they could do it on their end, never charged me for it.

Thanks blizz

18. Coma White

Coma White Member

Is 7.2 going live on Oceanic around 7pm AEST this evening or after midnight when the servers roll over?

19. r8response

r8response Member

Servers go down 11pm and won't be back up until 7am the next morning.

20. BoutS

BoutS Member

Down down, servers going down.

Im looking forward to 7.2, if for anything the ability to dump ap into main spec again. I do feel a tad ripped over the reset, still it looks to be a solid patch.