WOW World of Warcraft: Legion

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by NSanity, Aug 7, 2015.

1. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I like how they've adjusted Northrend and CATA zone level requirements so Outland and Pandaria are now effectively "optional" for levelling.
    Unless you want content/achievements specifically obtainable from Outland, it now has a cul-de-sac/"no through road" feel to it.

2. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Hopefully Blizzard continue to tweak the level scaling. They need to adjust it so the expansions can be played in pretty much any order, but also allow continued levelling in Vanilla zones.

An ideal solution would be perhaps have vanilla be levels 1-80, and all expansions except the current be 60-100 (so when BFA launches they can do all expansions become 60-110). At 10 levels over revisiting old content is still fairly easy.

At a minimum it would be great if the expacs had increased level overlap so it doesn't feel like you have to finish one and head to the next immediately at the 60/80/90/100 levels.

3. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

I wonder when they will auto down-level you when you are in lower zones like other games like GW2 have done for years. Yes the gear will be OP, but the challenge will sorta still be there for most when playing / grouping in lower zones/dungeons.

4. afcca

afcca Member

Never fortunately, as it completely makes levels irrelevant. They addressed it a while ago IIRC and the scaling leveling and timewalking is the best you'll get.

The only way I can see the community not rage quitting hardcore with it would be if it was an opt in system like pvp is on pve realms (and everywhere in BfA), otherwise it would just be awful. I only know one person personally who spoke fondly of GW2 level-less system. It's much better to have the content scale up than you scale down, but if it scales indefinitely then there is no sense of power gain (Blizzard's words) over leveling up.

5. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Levelling too quickly in Pandaria :(

6. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Skip it :weirdo: ;)

7. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I would, if I didn't enjoy it. I also enjoyed WoD so go figure ;)

8. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Pandaria is hands down one of the best expansions for storytelling. Not to mention beautiful scenery.

giles666 and Rubberband like this.
  9. afcca

afcca Member

While I strongly agree with this, and it is the expansion that brought me my favourite spec (mistweaver), I for some reason cannot stand leveling through it. Something about the quests is just so insanely boring after the first time, whereas BC and Wrath I never seem to get bored with...

10. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

Finally unlocked the 4th Allied Race last night (Lightforged). I avoided Argus for a while as I really don't like the zone (still don't), so fell behind on the reputations for both Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei. Neither Highmountain Tauren or Nightborne were ever a problem, but I'll also probably never actually roll either of those as I have a horde version of every class except Druid and Shaman and they'll both be Zandalari Trolls when they become available.

Also finally realised that my Flight Master's Whistle is upgraded for Argus yet, so will have to investigate what hoops I need to jump through to get that working.

11. Kaji

Kaji Member

Same here. MoP is beautiful, and so relaxing after the previous xpacs, but it's not exciting once you go back; once you're done, you're done. Garrosh/Wrathion was a nice storyline while it was current, but it's not exactly something you'd go back to. On the other hand; I always play Shadowmoon Valley in TBC, and Icecrown in WotLK - they're not perfect, but god damn it's always fun to get there.

I think Argus is Blizzard being lazy again - the standard demons/fel corruption/broken landscape/blah blah (yes I see the hypocrisy with SMV :p) is something we've seen gotten really used to (I mean, it's the Legion xpac, but c'mon give us some variety). Maybe a bit of different ordering of content might haved helped; Broken Shore on release, Emerald Nightmare + Val'sharah in 7.1 (it's not perfect, but hey, I'm not a game dev).

I'm glad they're moving away from DEMONS DEMONS DEMONS for now - its nice to get it out of the way, I guess. Sure, this xpac will lead to Old Gods and another world-ending thread where the Horde and Alliance have to band together (ugh), but there's plenty of other stuff to lead to; I'm looking forward to Caverns of Time and fucking up the Bronze Dragonflight myself

(can you imagine if WotLK hadn't been released by this point, and it's a constant cocktease everytime they announce something)

12. afcca

afcca Member

Hands down my favourite zones from each expansion, I do the same and play them both through fully before moving on. IC is probably my favourite zone in the game.

There is an item you purchase from Argussian Reach QM that will upgrade it account wide. Only need revered, so if you have all of the allied races you have the rep on someone :)

13. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

Thanks for that, I hadn't gotten around to looking it up yet (haven't been back to Argus yet).

Timewalking, oh how I love Timewalking. I just wish Blizzard would admit they've screwed up the mob scaling though. There has to be a problem when the trash takes so much longer to kill than the boss.

14. Vantec

Vantec Member

Is it sad when guild can do a lot of Antorus Mythic just about blind, and yet jump into Ulduar Timewalk scaled to 110, and absolutely get demolished...? LoL

A lot of our current top raiders, have not played WoW pre-WoD.

15. afcca

afcca Member

That is pretty sad seeing how simple the mechanics are. I've tried a few groups today and the thing that is killing absolutely every one of them is over confidence. No you cannot 3 heal 25 people. No you cannot single tank a two tank fight. No you cannot ignore the mechanic that specifically states 'USE A TANK COOLDOWN'. Don't worry, we'll be fine.

It is a step up from Black Temple, but it's by no means difficult... people are just expecting it to be way easier than it is, and no one wants to spend the time to actually learn to not stand in shit or move out of the way.

This is exactly why I stopped raiding current content, I get too angry :lol: But for some reason LFR just makes me laugh because people are expected to be stupid and I can outheal stupid. You can't solo heal ulduar no matter how good you are.

16. Kaji

Kaji Member

Bullshit son, I solo'ed healed Firefighter25!

*at 2%,with like, 10 players left, but still

People simply forgot what it's like not to steamroll anymore.

17. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

I think you're over exaggerating that one quite a bit.

18. Vantec

Vantec Member

Not as much as you think I am. I was honestly stunned at our failures in there.
    It was a wipe fest first night.
    Some thought they will step in there and just squish stuff. It didn't end up being so... People were WoW-heading the fights/tactics as we went along. Frustrations on discord were high ! lol. Eventually, second night people got the gist of it a little bit. But everyone was over it by then.

19. afcca

afcca Member

I submit for your enjoyment:

20. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Doing the TW, and it's definitely a lot harder now. Not sure how I feel about it... Seems to make it pointless... But I am getting the achieves I need