WOW World of Warcraft - Shadowlands

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by CAPT-Irrelevant, Nov 4, 2019.

1. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Now that the next (8th) expansion is official and has been unveiled, time to start a new thread.

2. raGneG

raGneG Member

I absolutely hated the 'dis need doin' mun' expansion and dread levelling the content in it enough to not have levelled an alt. To be honest I only did a few raid nights early in the xpac before dumping it all together.

I like this after life concept though and everything they've said they're doing - level cap squish, easier/better levelling experience etc - sounds great. I do however, really hope they cut down on the amount of tedious repetitive maintenance task stuff they have been introducing xpac after xpac.

Anyway, I won't pre-order but I'll inevitably be getting this and in the very least do the levelling and some dungeons etc.

3. miicah

miicah Member

Being able to level an alt in whatever expac you want is pretty cool

4. OP
    OP
    CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

When I read into the level squish, my thought is that it's more like a level-splat/flatten. I never liked the idea of levelling over 100, because to me Level 100 is like "100%", you're there at the epitome of your power. Exceeding 100 just seemed silly.

Now that levelling 10-50 across any expansion is to be the thing, that makes my concerns about levelling on old content much more at ease as it may balance out the lore impact of the stories. Some stories in the lower levels seemed like they would've benefitted more at higher levels, and higher level stories that were "meh" overshadowed them which ruined the experience. I suppose this'll help make old school epic/legendary items relevant again.

It's also good that we're not having to be linearly funnelled through expansions on. While it's still good to do them, being forced through them for the sake of levelling got silly in hindsight.

5. KosTanzA

KosTanzA Member

I'm hyped. My 1st impressions usually stick with me the entire expansion

6. shirl

shirl Member

14 years of wow here,i did preorder the expansion ill see how it goes nowadays all i seem to do is really bg,gone are the 15+ hour days on wow now it like log on im bored lol log off..