WOW World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by sabretooth, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. break

break Member

2. break

break Member

Transfer to Frostmourne and come raid with us in Twisted Faith

3. DavoRulz

DavoRulz (Banned or Deleted)

I pulled a PB tonight on Patch, 5313.4 dps. Should have flasked and food buffed.....Still, at 5313.4 I was 4th on the meters :O

4. Glitchlol

Glitchlol Member

Hahaha, looks like retlols were a bit eager :p

We tried for Immortal tonight, got upto KT without any deaths.. missed a frostbolt interrupt because the rogue that was due to kick got MC'd RIGHT as KT cast frostbolt.. bam.. a warlock gets gibed from 100% to dead :(.

Tried for 6 minute malygos too.. were about a minute over. Anyone else get a warlock to suicide off drake to put up curse of elements? Ours tried but missed lol. Also have a healing rotation so no one has to shield, which works pretty well.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  5. Iro

Iro Member

We gave it about 4 or 5 attempts today to get some pacing down before doing Sarth3D. We had a warlock do CoE. Just make sure they fly above Malygos before dismounting the drake.

We also used 5 healers and no shielding. I think we were about 20 seconds slow on our best attempt. Even though we didn't get it we got a bunch of our healers and ranged (including me :D) Denyin the Scion. How many healers were you running for your attempts?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. Gaz

Gaz Member

I play on the Nagrand server Talleh,

Name: Clopenise
    Guild: ANZAC (Alliance)
    Level:76 Warlock

message me if you want to chat or whatever.

7. Talleh

Talleh Member

Awesome, I've seen people from your guild around (also am thinking of starting a shaman on alli side because I'm a rebel). I left my raiding guild on unfortunate circumstances last night and am in the position of looking for a new one.

I think highborne may have an interest in me, but it's too early to know for sure.

8. iinsom

iinsom Member

We never use shielding, we get our dps to do a 112112 rotation

Gets the stacks up there quicker, we woulda got it last night except for a fuck around in phase 2 that saw a scion just wandering away peacefully for about 20 seconds, sigh

I also did 5700dps on patch last night, woop woop

9. evlcookie

evlcookie Member

Thanks for the offer but i will pass for now. I'm just too lazy at the moment. This also gives me time to think about what i should do.

I really should finish leveling my rogue and start on the lock. Leveling always sounds like a great idea untill you start doing it, god its boring.

10. iinsom

iinsom Member

Yep

I usually lvl my dk for a lvl, or half, then go back to the lock to pvp :/

11. funniboi

funniboi Member

Speaking PB's.. I did my PB last night on Patchwerk as well last night, just broke 4k DPS in 25man. (was on 4051dps). Very happy with that!

Also snatched the +hit trinket from Grobb, and replaced my +hit waist/+gem with +spell power! Loving it when "Now is the time!" and "Dying Curse" proc together! I think they both share the same internal cooldown as well, so sweet!

Now, I just need to see how much of an improvement my DPS goes up with that new trinket - 765sp proc is huge!

12. Cam_Cy

Cam_Cy Member

For whoever asked earlier my guild is <IMMINENT> on Barth.

We had a try at Nutty's "brute force" strat last night. We got pretty close on a couple of attempts. We had the second drake at about 10% when the twilight torment debuff went up but we were losing too many people knocking off that last 10% with the debuff up.

It seems no matter what we do our DPS are intent on suicide :(

We were only running 6 healers so we may try it out with 7 on Sunday if our top holy priest actualy bothers to turn up :(

13. iinsom

iinsom Member

If you're having problems with people killing themselves, get your dps to go down into the portal to kill the acolytes, then move back up and knock off the last 10% (In this time, you need to use your cooldowns too keep your MT alive, he'll be taking big breaths.)

Yeah, i see over 4k spelldmg when both trinkets proc, and the other raid buffs :)

14. Cam_Cy

Cam_Cy Member

Yep we'll be trying that on Sunday.

15. Buzzard

Buzzard Member

Nagrand here too, though Alliance.

I watched 'PULL! A Guide to Faster Raids' from Stratfu last night. Nothing ground breaking, but I'm hoping some of the raid leaders will like the idea too. (We do the the Spider wing in ~20mins which is good fun, but we never try to do the other wings fast :()

16. Bio}{azard

Bio}{azard Member

w00t 5p t7.5 for offspec last night...my druid can now tank and moonkin dps :D

17. Yeti_Skinner

Yeti_Skinner Member

I am just wondering how many people do you think it would take at 80 to go back and do some TBC raids like Gruul/Mag/TK/SSC?

These aren't super geared 80 and kind of just starting out in Naxx 10, but to get them a bit more general raid experience and to see some of the old content they never got to see.

10 would be alright for Gruul or Void Reaver for instance?

18. funniboi

funniboi Member

I think Gruul was 5manned before WotLK. So you could probably 5man Gruul.

There's people here 3manning the outdoor boss in Hellfire, iirc.

19. Yeti_Skinner

Yeti_Skinner Member

Alright well that sounds promising then.

Basically we have a fairly geared pally tank, druid healer, priest healer and dps warrior as well as a few seriously undergeared and inexperienced others.

Basically it is just a bunch of RL friends that are playing together and I want to get something like this going in some spare time to help them see some of the old stuff as well as get familiar with some of the concepts of "move out of fire". I don't really want it to just be kara since we would blow through that so fast you wouldn't really see phases and have to learn anything except zerg the boss.

20. funniboi

funniboi Member

Yeah, you'll also make a fair bit of gold, I think someone mentioned the outdoor boss drops 570g!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.