WOW World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by NSanity, Aug 7, 2015.

1. iinsom

iinsom Member

This is why the legendary system in this xpac is terrible.

You can literally go through an entire xpac and not get one, or you could get 2-3 a day.

I still think you should have to earn it, get it from killing bosses and empower it the same way. Not have it a random chance of dropping off a chest.. This isnt diablo

2. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

World quests, the transmog system, mythic+ keystones... They tried to copy Diablo a little too eagerly it seems.

3. iinsom

iinsom Member

They brought a few things over from Diablo that is good. But the rng legendary drop system isnt one of them.. This isnt an ARPG

4. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

People on the official forums and on sites such as mmo champion are singing the praises of Legion as the best expansion ever. That hasnt been my experience. There are many good things, but also many bad. Taken all together, it may be the worst expansion ever. At least to me.

5. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

No idea how you can say that..

We finally have a dynamic and challenging dungeon experience with this expansion pack. I would say the most challenging experience ever to be brought to wow.
    The current raid is fantastic. Simple, challenging and enjoyable with the multiple levels of difficulty.

World quests instead of dailies. Such an efficient and simple way to produce different daily quests for people. A MUCH better system.

Heaps of methods of attaining improved equipment and getting people up to scratch to do mythic dungeons (just through WQ dailies) so that you don't have to farm normal then heroic dungeons just to progress into the next requirements.

The content is plentiful, there is SO much to do when you hit 110. All of it is fun and allows each individual character to progress.

Artifact weapons are awesome!

The unique talents and unique specializations for every class is a HUGE deal. Uniqueness to every class is finally back!

I would say this is the best expac since WOTLK personally. That was the last I enjoyed and it wasn't perfect, but it was fun and had a lot to do.

6. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

My brother was #1 prot warrior on worldoflogs.com in heroic emerald nightmare on all bosses the other night.

He has two legendaries.
    Most of our guild, have legendaries.

It is purely based on luck. That is good and bad. But if you put in the hours, the chances of you getting A legendary is fine. I had 11 days played and got my legendary at about 8.

7. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

Overall - I think its probably the best expansion they've done. (I didn't play wrath/cata - beta -> Vanilla -> 12 weeks of BC, 3 months into MoP -> Current). Lore wise, I think Wrath will always be tough to beat, but you're riding on 15 years of story in the making there (most of which wasn't built in game) - but certainly content wise, Legion shits all over everything except vanilla.

However some things are starting to not make a lot of sense - like the AP changes on M+. They've added an infinite grind system to the game (which was weird, but largely it was balanced properly), now they've capped it. Same deal with the 2x Legendary thing (which still not sure if is actually fixed yet).

I think the whole "legendaries wont affect the race" thing was bullshit too. Exorsus and the other top ends went in with literally every player having one (after countless M+ farming), 24+ Traits (I saw 26 on someone) and 860i - i.e higher than Heroic.

The tier was the shortest its ever been, because they literally showered people in loot. Hopefully Halls of Valor and Nighthold are tuned with this in mind - particularly if they are going to attune the content in w/ effective gear rewards, rather than just drop the raid.

My only issues with the game right now are;

1. Legendary RNG - see Dilbert http://dilbert.com/strip/2001-10-25
    2. WQ feel a bit spammy, and spending 80-90% of your WQ time on a bird flying is kinda bullshit. Its not far off being right, looking at the variety available tho.
    3. The community needs to stop being cockheads with ilvl requirements. (Preach has a good video on the fact that they have to turn the mindset of the community around - making it acceptable to fail, unlike LFR and current dungeons though)
    4. Starlight Rose, Fjarnskaggle node spawns/Alchemy mat quantities total.
    5. Obliterum caps should have been bumped to Heroic Raid loot level already.
    6. LFR needs to die - further re-inforcing people to play with friends and encourage an actual MMO experience. (Long term goal here - and again, ties in with 3).
    7. As someone on my 4th Alt - Unlocking Surumar should probably happen at honored for alts (which is achievable in 2 Emissary's + 100% unlocks) - inclusive of Arcway/CoS + the overworld CoS WQ's.

16 days (possibly more) - no Legendary. And yes, this is active play, for the most part, doing the things that give them.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  8. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

All luck man! You will get one soon I am sure. We still have a few guildies who hit 110 before me who don't have them. One of our tanks got one on his VERY FIRST mythic which was like week 1 of expac lol.

It's just luck. Which is good and bad. Personally, I don't mind, sooner or later you will get one.
    What I think would be good is a way to get the one you want. As it stands, you could end up with something that really won't help you in raids, vs someone who has something that will.

I got lucky and ended up with a decent one. I would be pissed if it was a crap one.

9. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

I wouldn't of cared early on - because the stats were significant.

Now i'm rolling in 860-880 gear. I'm gonna be fucking pissed if I get a stat stick one.

10. japes

japes Member

It isn't active in the game yet (answered in a dev blog the other week).

11. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

I am both fucking enraged, yet somewhat soothed at the same time.

Source?

It doesn't make a lot of sense - given they publicly announced there was a bug with the diminishing returns chance on the 2nd legendary...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  12. Submariner

Submariner Member

I would like to add cooking profession, it makes no sense at all to gate recipes behind Nomi burning food :)

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/nomicakes

13. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

14. japes

japes Member

I may stand corrected here, since I can't find a definite black and white answer. The Dev Q&A basically answered questions about the legendary algorithm and people are basing the existence of a pity timer on a comment about it being "bonus loot" because bonus loot coin rolls have a pity timer to increase your chance of gaining loot instead of gold with each consecutive roll. Legendary drops are "bonus loot" in the sense that they're added to the loot pool, not replacing something. Open to interpretation.

End of the day it's unfortunately just a case of wait and see for those that haven't gotten any, or like myself, none of any great use. Wait, hope one drops, and hope its good. Nothing more you can do.

15. Ck21

Ck21 Member

well im multiboxing (3accounts mainly, sometimes a 4th), my main is a havoc DH, 5days15hrs /played at 110, 846 ilvl, do all the mythics sans court of stars/arcway everytime they unlock, i cant seem to roll loot higher then 845.... :thumbdn:

Killed all the world bosses so far that have popped up as a WQ, zero loot, only gold.

exalted with nightfallen, between 8k-10k revered all other factions. 444 WQ's done. Zero legendary's drops.

The other accounts i multibox all have 4days /played at 110 but the only difference is, i dont mythics/raids on them, as its just too hard atm. they all sitting 222WQ's completed. all reps revered except wardens.

so to recap. thats 1 main (dh), and 3teams of 3, Plus 1more occasional that can roll with any team = 11toons totalling 45days effective /played and zero legendarys.. :sick:

congratz to those who have 1, and blizz loves you if you have 2+

meanwhile, ill probably get my first legendary on last day of the exp if im lucky, or might get it next expansion when i go through for xmog runs.. lol :sick::thumbdn:

16. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I've started my tier 6 order hall research... I don't even have my first legendary yet either.

17. DIRT

DIRT Member

I have 2, Blizz does not love me, the two are Pyrdaz and Sephuz's..... which in some ways is worse than having none.

18. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Maybe you can melt them down into generic legendary currency like Diablo 3. :thumbup:

19. Submariner

Submariner Member

Random has never liked me, so no legendaries for me.

This weeks world boss, Withered J'im, dropped Warforged Unstable Arcanocrystal trinket on my gathering alt :p

20. OP
    OP
    NSanity

NSanity Member

Mage is 840 (110 on Sat evening, started Sat morning).

I have successfully rolled 4 gold.

What in the actual fuck with Order hall missions tho. 2nd Round is like *max* 71% success rate because my followers are all 103-104 save millhouse, who is 109.