1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

WOW World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by NSanity, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

So I got the beta, I don't actually want to play I just wanted to see character creation in advance :lol: is there any way of getting back to Stormwind or Orgrimmar when you first login without having to quest? I wanna see what my DH will look like with a certain hairdo but it's not avaliable on the menu and I can only assume it's on barber but I dunno if it's even possible to get out of legion zones :lol:

2. BoutS

BoutS Member

Im not going to use a beta key if i get one, as i want it all to be fresh when i log at the beginning week or so.

The raid bosses i can watch yt.

Shadow looks really interesting in its new approach. So ive jumped back on to take the priest for a spin.

Looking forward to the expac. I hope its a good one with plenty of rewarding content lol.

3. iinsom

iinsom Member

Not for DH. You start in the DH zone and you need to finish the quest/story line to advance.

4. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I really hate people like you. do you know how many people wanted a neta key so they could actually play? And ya know, participate in the beta like you're meant to???

Jesus Christ.

5. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Meh, you can use beta how you want. In my case I don't want to do new quests and that's my choice. I personally "hate" people who played the beta, got to max level, did the Dungeons and raids etc then go to the live game and rush to max level then whinge how boring the new content is as there is "nothing to do"

6. japes

japes Member

Don't get upset over something you don't understand.

I've got/had Legion Alpha/Closed Beta; the vast majority of invites sent out aren't keys, they're account linked, and most alpha keys at least went out to players in top guilds that can properly and thoroughly test the game, such as raid encounter balance and mechanic testing.

What makes you think you'd be a valuable tester to Blizzard? I've seen your feedback in other game threads.

7. r8response

r8response Member

Because he's been playing for all of 3 or so months... Clearly the best already.

8. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Way to douche it up. I know how fucking betas work. Play time means shit.

Plus its been more like 6 months [emoji14]

9. r8response

r8response Member

I've had an active sub since Vanilla, clearly I deserve it more than you.

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Bullshit. Elitist bull shit.

11. r8response

r8response Member

Well don't have a sook about not getting a beta invite. You're no more important than the next player!

12. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I'm not having a sook because i didn't get one. I'm pissed off at people that actively get one and don't fucking use them. Ive got one.

13. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Meh you can do whatever you want in beta these days. Long gone are the days of signing NDAs, taking the trip to studio and reproducing bugs, submitting reports and getting paid to test said game.

When keys are given out randomly for free ... it's not really an important test.

14. japes

japes Member

There's a reason why all of the top tier guilds were invited to Legion Alpha. They want skilled and experienced play testers.

I didn't raid test (it was a meme disaster if anyone followed that drama :lol:) but did other stuff.

If you've got an invite like you claim, I don't see why you'd bother getting upset about it; they're clearly handing them out randomly (to a degree now that it's in beta) and it's at the stage where it's not important as Pinkeh said.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  15. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Prepatch boys. 19gb worth of prepatch :D

16. Submariner

Submariner Member

Mine says almost 21 GB :eek: Almost my rollover date for downloads, might just have enough.

Guess next maintenance day will be Legion pre-patch day? Better finish off Brawlers, one boss left.

17. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

Sooo many old accounts just sitting there unused!
    Blizz often has the original game (plus all expansions before current) on sale for $5 to $15.

18. r8response

r8response Member

I'd give it at the very least two weeks (If not three) until the Legion pre launch event starts.

No end date for the current PVP season and the current PTR hasn't reached a Release Candidate.

19. Submariner

Submariner Member

You are probably right, I was going off Blizzard's Brawler's Guild article back on the 17th June, when they said there was only a couple of weeks to go. Should have known Blizzard's couple of weeks is different to real time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20157724/brawlers-guild-last-chance-to-rumble-for-now-6-17-2016

Finally got it together and did the Pepe achievement for my Pepe toy :)

20. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I hate that I have a fuck tonn of Baleful gear that I can't use on a realm.

My main toon is on Frostmourne. It's a Prot Pally. I've collected a shitload of Baleful tokens for druid/warrior etc (that are Bnet account bound) but my only Druid is a horde toon on Nagrand... Why bother having it account bound like that, but not able to send it inter-faction/inter-realm :(