WOW World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by NSanity, Aug 7, 2015.

1. r8response

r8response Member

Message a mod. Or create a new thread (like has been done for every new expansion!)

2. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

3. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Most likely a malicious DDOS on their authentication servers. Seems to be popular among butt-hurt ban victims.

4. r8response

r8response Member

It's the super high pop US realms.

Someone hit 120 in under 5 hours :o

Submariner likes this.
  5. Submariner

Submariner Member

For some, it is a good idea not to play on the first day of an expansion, for others the various problems are part of the gaming experience ;) Like I was there when the servers were down for days and Blizzard actually gave game time credit for time lost. Not sure if they would do that now, when they are under the banner of Activision. Very glad we have servers in Australia now.

There will be a few hotfixes today.

6. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

They've already done one apparently.

See, I'm not planning to head to BFA content till Friday. Until then, I'll continue leveling my mage (who fucking rocks).

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Oh god. I'm saving up leveling my main for BFA content for Friday-Sunday... And I've just been told my folks are coming up on Friday and will be here for the whole weekend... WHYYYYY

And what happened to cheeky ganking while out and about? What's with this BS camping over a damn level 50ish player? We had a scuffle. You lost. Don't go call in your higher level players and constantly kill me cause you're a little bitch.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  8. fcyde

fcyde Member

oh but this has existed in wow since forever. butthurt people get butthurt

9. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Sad part is there are 120's on my server already too and they're in trade whinging about being bored. I want to slap them. Though it's nothing new. Every xpac always has a few idiots that rush to max level then QQ about nothing to do

10. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

That's the risk you take with war mode on.

11. Coma White

Coma White Member

I think this is the first Xpac since Wrath I haven't played on launch day. Got home about 930 last night, logged on without drama, moved all my characters down to Uldum then spent about half an hour sorting out my new UI. Having tomorrow and Friday off work so hoping to have my main to 120 and started on another by the end of the weekend.

12. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

After seeing the "World First" (no longer a tracked achievement / FoS) in just under 5 hours, I was thinking maybe 10-ish hours for a normal person to get to 120. Played for 4 hours last night and am only 111.5, oh well, more time to smell the flowers and enjoy the scenery.

13. iinsom

iinsom Member

I got to 116.5 in about 6 hours. Im using Azeroth Auto Pilot though so streamline it.

Ive always hated levelling, i just want to get to endgame and kill dragons.

14. Kaji

Kaji Member

Died with phasing / cross realm grouping / server merges etc.

I think don't anyone cares unless they know what to max everything in time for raid unlock in September - and even then, Normal raids won't last the week.

And here's the other side of it :p

15. iinsom

iinsom Member

I mean... I didnt take days off for the launch, i wasnt going that hard at it. I just find levelling tedious, but hey. Each to their own.

16. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Lol, it even skips the text/cutscenes/story.. Why the rush? Isn't a lot of the end-game content locked out for a few weeks?

17. iinsom

iinsom Member

Yep, although you can configure it to skip, not skip whatever you want.

I have no interest in the story or lore. I usually watch the cutscenes on the 2nd playthrough. I just want to kill dragons.

18. Submariner

Submariner Member

Noticed this as well, plus people complaining that dps queuing for 120 dungeons takes an hour to pop. Rush to 120, but the majority of the population is still levelling, then the surprise that no one else is at 120 to do 120 dungeons etc. ;)

19. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

The worst part is, the level increase from 110 to 120 is arbitrary. No new skills, no new talents. It's just a gateway to content. All the power/skills are tied to Azerite and the Heart of Azeroth.

Blizzard really need to take a page out Diablo 3 and Destiny, make a single level cap then gate content behind ilvl... Oh wait, they already do this but with an arbitrary 120 levels.

Next expansion will bump leveling up to 130 which is an absolutely daunting number for new players, and a boring grind for current players. At the end of BFA they have the perfect opportunity to cut the level cap in half to 60 and lock new content behind completing zone storylines and a power level based system like the weapon artifacts and the heart of azeroth. That way new/returning players only need to be at 60 to play the new content. No-one can even object about the lore problems since the lore is already fucked up anyway with going from Cata back to Outland/Northrend, back to Cata. You should be able to level to max level in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms and treat the expansion storylines like optional areas. You could even lock the expansions behind a bronze dragon as a "Re-play this event from the past".

That's about as far as my idea goes, the biggest hurdle will be how to handle the new clusterfuck of content in a way that satisfies those that just want to grind old content for transmogs/mounts/etc.

Sphinx2000 and Madengineer like this.
  20. Submariner

Submariner Member

I have not needed to level from scratch for a while, 10 x 110 alts to choose from, has been enough. Boosted a few up during the very start of the Legion pre-patch invasions when you got tons of experience, good times in the Barrens, before they started nerfing it.

Still have the free 100 and 110 level boosts from buying expansions. One question I would like to know is how are they are handling levelling, do they squish it, like that do with stats, to make levelling take the same amount of time?