1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

F2P World of Warships

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by SCorpion2, Jul 3, 2015.

1. damo13579

damo13579 Member

2. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Yeah, found that when I logged in this morning after getting home from work. Had 3 matches before bed this morning, standout was random battle in Giulio Cesare in a T7 match, only managed 1 kill on a DD, but kept a Nagato and Duke of York occupied for the entire match, got 2.4M+ potential damage and completely ran out of heals before dying about a minute before my team won.

Seems to be some farewell to spring thing on atm too, was getting some insane levels of xp this morning.

3. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Sigh, had another random match in Giulio Cesare this morning before bed where my team decided to do frack knows what and threw away a match where we had a 2-1 cap advantage and a nearly 200pt lead, to a total loss. Had an Aoba on my team who rather than hunting the DD that kept shadowing me instead decided to sail literally right around the border of the map until they completely unsurprisingly got nuked. I had nearly 1.8M potential damage, almost 100k damage, and it still wasn't enough, though even on the losing team I still outdid nearly 2/3rd's of the enemy team on base xp lol

I'm beginning to think that playing WoWS early in the morning is a recipe for a lot of frustration...

4. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Fixed this for you.

Winterheart likes this.
  5. mtma

mtma Member

I have found late Sunday into Monday mornings to be the worst time to queue. It is as though most of the people logged in are dead on the inside.

6. damo13579

damo13579 Member

7. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

Prolly not a good time to play DD for the next couple of weeks with the new hydro + radar Clevelands running around.

8. damo13579

damo13579 Member

had a few rounds last night, stuck to battleships and was deleting cruisers constantly. might have to take the Scharnhorst out tonight, should be a few easy games.

9. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Yeah, it was a recipe for frustration. Decided to try a co-op match in DD, and the team still lost to bots..... :(

I unfortunately have to largely agree with this comment

Yep, lots of people playing that have nfi how to hide a cleveland, but on the plus side it does make for some hilariously quick deletions from the game :D

Quoted this one for truth, tried a couple of games as DD and yeah, not fun, at all. BB, much fun and hilarity :D

10. FFC

FFC Member

What server are you lot playing on? I am keen to get back into this.

11. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

I mainly play on NA.... Did play on SEA when it first launched but found the level of retard / cheese on it too much to handle.

12. FFC

FFC Member

Feel free to add me, I took a punt and downloaded the NA client last night rather than the SEA - daveee1984, though won’t be on till the weekend I imagine.

13. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

I'm on SEA. On another note, grabbed Kronshtadt yesterday, and it's an interesting ship. T9 semi-BB, with radar and 305mm guns and 71k health is a bit op, but can't really be played close in, more of a mid-range support cruiser. Surprisingly tanky, but punishing if you screw up.

14. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Well, I screwed up again yesterday when I got home from nightshift, logged in to SEA and it seemed like it was just full of total braindead idiots who couldn't fight, letalone strategise their way out of a wet paper bag, so gave up after 2 games and logged out. Seriously, if it's domination, you have to actively try and cap and defend your cap(s), but no, they let the enemy team get a 3/0 cap advantage, then lemming suicide trying to get a cap.... And that's before I got to the fail division with a Myogi BB in a T7 match.........

15. damo13579

damo13579 Member

16. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Anyone bought Massachusetts, Haida or Monaghan? Curious to know what they're like

17. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Scored the Monaghan from one of the missions that drop in the US crates. in the standard config it plays like a C hull farragut, pretty enjoyable ship and i've had a few good rounds with it. The B hull with the long range torps equiped plays like an IJN destroyer with the torpedo reload booster however having only 2 guns up front and nothing at the rear makes it pretty average for anything other than throwing torps.

18. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Grabbed the Haida but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Got the mission for Mona finally but haven't been able to do that yet either, just not enough time atm with irl stuff going on.

19. damo13579

damo13579 Member

20. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Wish I'd known about that yesterday....

Is this some sort of event? Every ship seems to be available for purchase, even if not on sale.

(excluding belfast, before anyone gets too excited)