F2P World of Warships

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by SCorpion2, Jul 3, 2015.

1. GDavid

GDavid Member

snap damo' mine came sometime last day or two... lol

2. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Only had about 10 games in the new CVs but definitely prefer it. More fun to play and not as bullshit to play against.

Hit rank 5 last night, took a few more games than it should have, had some pretty dumb losses with CVs getting sniped because they hung back too far.

Had the best games in the Texas so far, best all rounder and CVs have to pretty much ignore you or lose all their planes.

Giulio Cesare works alright, AA is pretty average though and I’ve never managed to get good hits against other battleships with it.

October works well, low cool down damage control definitely works well if you get stuck with a kamikaze chasing you or a cruiser trying to burn you.

Okhotnik is great unless there is a CV in which case it’s gets shat on.

Haven’t played a cruiser yet but I’m yet to see one have much of an impact.

3. GDavid

GDavid Member

2x High Cal from 2 starts, %50 WR Kamikaze R

Have to read up on how those CVs work

4. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Hit rank 1. had a couple of shitty games near the end and took a while to get through the last 2 ranks. ended up with 55% winrate.

GDavid likes this.
  5. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Currently rank 8, made it down to rank 7, then had a string of bad bad runs and ended up at 8 (10 if it wasn't for irrevocable rank) so have given up for the night.

6. GDavid

GDavid Member

So fkn busy. Nearly every time ranked drops it's get busy time at home...

So what ships did you run damo'?
    btw: what cluster are you on?

7. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Asia. Ended up running mostly Texas and Giulio Cesare with a couple of games in okhotnik and October. Was thinking of taking a carrier in but haven’t got a decent captain to use for it and have shit all elite commander XP atm.

8. damo13579

damo13579 Member

i'm really not liking these 2 ships. Usually just play each one to get the first win bonus each day then move on but wasn't happening tonight. Even where I had a few half decent games still ended up getting totally destroyed by the other team.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg

9. GDavid

GDavid Member

Did really well in the Hsein for about three battles then it became one of the worst grinds... The next DD is paydirt. My first solo in the tier 9 was 165k four kills :-D
    Don't know about the Udaloi. Khabarovsk is still good, and the legendary upgrade makes for even more trolling... B-)

Lol, ranked out in sprint 2 in 16 battles with Gremy'

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  10. damo13579

damo13579 Member

next ranked sprint will be tier 6, should be a bit more interesting, lot more ship choices at that tier.

11. damo13579

damo13579 Member

hit rank 1 in the recent ranked sprint with a 66% winrate. Arizona is an amazing ship when not dealing with being bottom tier like I usually get in randoms.

GDavid likes this.
  12. damo13579

damo13579 Member

New CV gameplay is live. Free captain respec, went through and reset most of my captains, good chance to try new things.

GDavid likes this.
  13. GDavid

GDavid Member

Moved house over Christmas and haven't had a chance to play for about 6-8 weeks, missing it a little. Have 43K gold in account and shitloads of 19 point Cptns...
    Also missed out on Sprint round 2...

14. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Haven’t played as a game as CV yet. Played against a few. Atlanta AA feels pretty crap compared to what it used to, not sure they should have reduced the AA ranges like they have.

15. GDavid

GDavid Member

Too many CV experts have the ear of the devs and they also must have feared the retribution if they canned the CV entirely (which is what I would want). Undetected CVs just seem to rule every game again now and you can't dodge them too easily when they have unlimited planes...

16. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Tier 9 ranked has been fun so far. Had some pretty good games in the Jean Bart, works well in the early game standoff and then amazing when it comes to pushing in on a flank with speed and reload boost. No HE spam or CVs is nice for a change.

17. GDavid

GDavid Member

Encountered one of these about a week ago when grinding Conqueror's legendary, that ended the %80 win streak on the 6th battle. It was set loose during the Russian Victory celebrations surprise, surprise with the best penetration, accuracy, traverse and shell flight time of any of the tier Xs.

Only just over 10 minutes, this is well worth a watch if you know Flamu if just for his opinion on this bote soon to name changed.

18. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

You just know that's a ship that was designed in the bottom half of the vodka bottle. They did the same thing in world of tanks a while back. Here they have a ship that gets more accurate the further away from the target you are instead of less. In world of tanks they released a russian tank that reloaded faster the more rounds you fired, completely opposite to all the other continuous auto-reloaders. It's hilarious, but still you have to wonder wtf they're thinking.

Flamu put up a full game replay on youtube as well just to answer all the haters saying 'aww you're just cherry picking examples'. He spent the first half of the match shooting HE trying to set fires for some personal mission and still did 250K+ damage or something ridiculous.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    GDavid likes this.
  19. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

where are we all playing ? asia or NA server s ?

20. GDavid

GDavid Member

NA for me Math', couldn't be bother with Asia servers after the ping issues with Tanks