F2P World of Warships

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by SCorpion2, Jul 3, 2015.

1. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

yeah i play on na but only sporadically, having a bit of a break right now just been too busy.

2. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Asia for me, never had issues with ping.

3. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

4. Zabba

Zabba Member

Had a great night...bottom 3 on most of them too

Capture.PNG

5. twisar

twisar Member

Some nights you are a God, others, the joker.

GDavid likes this.
  6. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I haven't got to t8 yet, got a bunch of t7, only a few k away from unlock Lightning t8 british dd.

Is T8 as bad as they say?

7. GDavid

GDavid Member

Expect to see tier X at least two thirds of the time... Inbound launch delay for tier 8+ CVs, but meta pretty hard on Destroyers still. Good reddit post on that if I can dig it up for you.

Mathuisella
    Remember to try claiming those premiums back as discussed...

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  8. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

looks to be going in a positive direction, i think i need more credits to cover the restore though haha.

GDavid likes this.
  9. GDavid

GDavid Member

Bit of a shame you didn't get in touch before restarting as there were bonus premiums for returning players and the inviting player to a lesser extent.
    Anyway, if you get some premiums back that will help you level up a captain or two and earn a but more silver.
    Good news on bagging that premium account time in the containers though...

10. Zabba

Zabba Member

T8 is pretty hard as a lot of the time you are paired against T9's and T10's which means you have to play very cautious or else you get pretty much one shot by everyone. Unfortunately, playing cautious doesn't win you a lot of points so it's very slow grinding. Especially hard when you have just unlocked the T8 ship and it doesn't have the upgrades (like the Admiral Hipper for me above) so not only you are under level but also under geared. It's pretty hard to shoot at someone if you don't have the range to match. Your best bet is to stick together with other boats and try not to draw attention to yourself, don't push, don't cap, don't chase, don't anything...just float along and try to get some shots in while cowering behind someone. The biggest problem is that you have to be carried by your team most times and on tight matches you just don't have enough "oomph" to make a difference.

The good thing is that you really learn how to be more aware of what's going on around you, like how you angling your ship against foes, or how to read the map better and think ahead...and learn when it's time to run away.

11. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I'm lucky enough that without premium (so slow grind) i usually have plenty enough free xp to no have to play a ship without upgrades.

GDavid likes this.
  12. GDavid

GDavid Member

Just Div' up ftw, divisions are OP and should be nerfed

Played a few with Math tonight so he could grind a few credits and all:

Click to view full size!

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  13. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

man, that was a great game :)

Also, those ships came back :D

GDavid likes this.
  14. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Texas would probably be one of my favourite lower tier ships. haven't played it much since CV rework, need to take it out again.

15. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

wish i had a texas :'(

16. GDavid

GDavid Member

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  17. damo13579

damo13579 Member

I scored mine through twitch prime. texas plus gulio cesare were great for the tier5 ranked sprints.

Anyone had a go at any of the new Russian BBs yet?

18. GDavid

GDavid Member

Only the tier V, but been concentrating on higher tiers until math came back...

19. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Always feel ripped off hearing stuff like this lol. Most I've ever got out of twich prime was 10 flags. Hours/days/weeks worth of streams watched.. for flags. I mean, sure better than nothing but still lol.

20. Zabba

Zabba Member

Another stellar performance tonight. I'm beginning to detect a pattern....CV's I hate them all....including mine. I'm so salty right now...if it wasn't because I've got just over 90 days premium left I would just rage uninstall this game. Every game tonight there were 2 CV's per match and 20+ waiting in the queue before the game. There is just no way to get rid of them once they have targeted you...getting torpedoed and bombed every 10 seconds. The first Bismarck loss I was paired against T6-T8 and I was doing great and because of that, the CV's turn their attention to me and ended up being killed after receiving 17 torpedoes and bombed to dead...eventually died by fire. The frustrating thing was that there was absolutely nothing I could do...just sit there while getting killed by a thousand papercuts. My fighter plane was pretty much useless same as my AA.

I switched to my Hipper and in less than 2 minutes of the match starting I was down to half health thanks to rockets from the scout planes. Five seconds later I was one shot from across them map by a Yamato with a single salvo. I lasted 2 minutes alive, did 0 damage, received 104 points for shooting down 2 planes and made a loss of 25k

Untitled.png

Honestly, the CV patch alone is making me quit this game right now and I have yet to experience being sunk by broken OP russian BB's in the next patch.

nin82 likes this.