"World's hottest chilli: the new weapon against terrorism "

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by MR CHILLED, Mar 24, 2010.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Are you kidding me? Is this for real? lol

"World's hottest chilli: the new weapon against terrorism "

http://www.smh.com.au/world/worlds-...w-weapon-against-terrorism-20100324-quel.html

2. 3stars

3stars Member

kick arse pepper spray

no really food though is it?

3. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

I'm tempted to try one. 1mil scoville :weirdo:

4. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

please put into nando's sauce

5. matthew-r88

matthew-r88 Member

now thats my sort of chilli :shock:

that would be insanely hot, Cayanne Peppers is about my limit

would work though normal chillies in the eyes burn enough that would seriously put you on your ass

6. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

I would imagine you would eat one of these and then eat a jalapeno for the sweetness and relief :lol:

7. s3kemo

s3kemo Member

What I don't get is how it is a way to "fight the crippling summer heat"...

Someone explain?

8. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Hot outside
    Eat chilli
    SWEAT LIKE A MOFO
    Sweat cools body
    Pass out
    Wake up in the night and it's cooler :)

9. s3kemo

s3kemo Member

Seriously, or are you just taking the piss?

I'd rather go find some shade :lol:

10. cvidler

cvidler Member

Something like that. sweltering summer heat sounds great compared to a megachilli (1mil scovilles classifies as mega :))

11. Drew_

Drew_ Member

Use something that the general public eat (apparently) to escaped from the summer heat as a weapon on terrorist... Great idea!

Whats next? Using milk to find drug smugglers at airports?

12. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

good idea, we can use with in conjunction with colonics to flush out any drugs then sell it as chocolate milk

13. doug81

doug81 Member

wuss!!! :lol:

I would have thought freebasing the capsaicin from a bunch of cheaply grown chili would have been cheaper and more effective?

14. cvidler

cvidler Member

Nah, it works. Just like I can make you forget about a headache - by cutting off your leg with a wood chipper.

Having your mouth on fire, makes the summer heat not so bad.

15. newynut

newynut Member

Chilli helps cope with heat because it thins the blood like aspirin and this helps the body cool down.

16. pugsley

pugsley Member

The increased sweat does cool the body down. It also has something to do with capsaicin's effect on your brain chemistry.
    They have in effect designed super strong pepper spray. Picture the hottest chilli you have eaten, times it by 1000, then take the burn your imagining in your mouth and put it in your eyes, nose, throat and lungs.

17. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

I actually have a few Bhut Jolokia plants growing.

It's very powerful stuff. I dry mine, de-seed them and grind into powder - use in VERY small amounts. If you get a larger piece then it is like 'molten lava'. If you were to actually chop them up like a normal chilli and place into food, it would be excruciating.

Unfortunately you have to be super careful with the product - even the chillies off the plant. Always handle while double-gloved, respirator, safely glasses.

18. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

My dad have a couple of Bhut Jolokia tree at home. Personally I'm not a big chilli fan. I can eat the really spicy food with no problem. But I like to taste food and not just hot.

Not just for the jolokias but few other breed that he has, he has to pick them with gloves and then deseed them with gloves. Otherwise the heat really does burn the fingers especially if they get under the nail.

And I've always thought that the indians would eventually turn this into a weapon lol. The initial scorville test on them were done in a military base lol. :lol:

Edit: lol mitsimonsta said pretty much the exact same thing as me at the same time :D

19. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

Unfortunately mine are potted as I live in a frost-prone area, so the production and size of the chillies is very limited, but the flavour is usually very very good as they grow slower. I can also control how much moisture they get.

I can bring them inside during winter to keep them going, but it is not a good idea if you have kids or animals. I believe if you got fresh jolokia into your eye then it would cause blindness.

I have Cayennes (I make Chilli Jam from these), Birdseyes (Stirfries), Yellow Habeneros (Sauces) and Bhuts for mega-heat.

I really want to get into some of the 'bigger' varieties like Hungarians. I also want to go back to the Solomon Islands to collect seeds. There is one bush just outside Honiara that has some incredible chillies on it and I have no idea what variety they are but they looked similar to Goatsweeds.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  20. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

My father has got a lot of variety. Those you mentioned plus red savina (world #2 hottest), scotch bonnet, penis chilli (this one cracks people up everytime lol) etc. Most of them are in pots too so they don't go overly large. But due to the number of plants and their close proximity to each other, they do cross pollinate and produces new unique breed all the time. He'll find new seedling on the floor near the chilly plants and replant them into pots. Then he find new unnamed chilly plants growing lol. It's quite funny when he goes and name the chillies, "this one is red savina, this one I don't know what it is. I just found it in the corner last time and decided to plant it." :lol: